Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    Community Member Ellihor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    368

    Default Pure Pale Master DC Based

    With the enhancement pass pale master got a huge buff. After running some of the new quests on EE and also u16 and u15 chains i almost felt like pre-motu! Pale masters are once again the best arcane caster avaliable, and also in a party of 6 it is usually the most effective character in the group: the one who kills more (unless someone is blitzing, but he will have a hard time competing with you), who does more crowd control, and can buff.

    So, i decided to post a build for those who want to play a dc pased pm, feel free to give feedback to help me improving it.

    20 WIZARD DROW/8 EPIC

    Stats (TR2 drow): I am not sure about the best gear stup because it seems its random loot what is the good now, so it is hard to do breakdowns.

    STR 8 + 3 tome + 2 ship + 6 item + 1 exceptional + 1 profane + 2 rage= 23

    DEX 10

    CON 16 + 4 tome + 2 ship + 8 item + 2 insightful + 1 exceptional + 1 profane + 4 lich + 2 yugo + 2 rage = 42

    INT 20 + 7 lv up + 5 tome + 2 ship + 11 item + 3 insightful + 1 exceptional + 1 profane + 4 lich + 2 yugo + 6 enhancement + 2 capstone + 1 feat + 6 magister + 1 twist = 72

    WIS 8 + 3 tome + 2 ship + 2 lich + 1 exceptional + 1 profane + 6 item = 23

    CHA 10 + 3 tome + 2 ship + 2 lich + 1 exceptional + 1 profane + 8 item = 27

    NECRO DC 10 + 9 spell + 1 past life + 3 feat + 3 magister + 7 item + 1 lich + 2 enhancement + 31 int = 67
    ENCHANTMENT DC 10 + 9 spell + 1 past life + 2 feat + 7 item + 31 int + 1 ship buff = 61
    EVOCATION/CONJURATION DC (optional, i still dont know how to fit the items there) 10 + 9 spell + 4 past life + 7 item +31 int = 60 + 1 feat + 2 draconic twist = 64

    Feats
    Epic = Int, Epic Necro focus, Ruin
    Wizard = Quicken, Heighten, Maximize, Extend, Enchantment Focus
    Heroic = Necro Focus, Improved Necro Focus, Mental Toughness, Insightful Reflexes, Greater Enchtantment Focus, Evocation/Conjuration Focus, Arcane Initiate
    ED = Toughness, Negative sp +20

    Skills = Max UMD, Spellcraft, Concentration, Heal, Balance, wathever flavor

    Main ED = Magister; I know people say it sucks, but for dc casting it would be magister or draconic. Point of magister is -10% spell cost and draconic would be energy vortex. I prefer to have -10%. Twists Int, +2 evocantion/conuration and energy burst (i like acid version).

    Full int line (12ap) + unearthy reactions 3/3 (3 ap), arcane adept (2 ap), necromancy specialist 3/3 (3 ap), rest wathever

    Enhancements = Arcane bolt x1, Cloak of Night x1, Core abilities of archmage up to enervation SLA (level 4), Core abilities of pale master up to capstone, Bone Armor x3, Deathless Vigor x3, Drow int x2, Efficient Maximize x3, Energy of the scholar x3, Improved Heighten x2, Improved Quickening x3, Improved Shrouding, Intelligence x4, Necromantic Focus, Negative Energy Conduit up to 10%, Primary Spell Focus: Necromancy, Spell Critical Elemental and Force I, Spell Critical Negative IV, Spell Penetration x1, Spell Resistance x2

    Gear:

    Havent played the game in last weeks a lot (busy in rl atm ¬¬) and the little time i have to play have to work in a TR project (stupid monk life for my mlee, never liked to play monks) but I will post the gear I am currently thinking about:

    Hand 1 - Acid +136 Enchant focus V
    Hand 2 - Nether orb Necro V + slotted force
    Robe - Shadow robe lv 24 (hope they make it lv 27 this halloween)
    Helm - Blue Helm int 3 sloted 2 luck + globe
    Bracers - Sun soul bracers
    Cloak - Tablecloth
    Guardians Ring
    EE ring of the djin (no 15 dr does not sucks even more if you heal from an aura and the absorption is nice)

    This is with stuff already in wiki. I have to put somewhere 11 int, 8-11 con, heavy fort, spell points, spellcraft, heal, resistance and conjuration or evocation focus. Would like to have some dodge items, ghostly and gs.
    Last edited by Ellihor; 08-30-2013 at 12:12 PM.

  2. #2
    Community Member soloist12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellihor View Post
    60 + 2 draconic twist (if you give up energy burst) = 62

    Feats
    Epic = Int x2 + Epic necro focus
    Wizard = Quicken, Heighten, Maximize, Extend, Enchantment Focus
    Heroic = Necro Focus, Improved Necro Focus, Toughness (still pre for lich? havent checked), Insightful Reflexes, Spell Pen, Improved Spell Pen (currently testing if these are worth), Arcane Initiate
    Still have to check whats better ed feat
    +2 DI conj twist requires conjuration focus feat.

    Better ed feat imo is Ruin. Packs a huge punch for 100sp. Crits over 6k, hits over 3k, 15sec cd, no save, what's not to love.

    Weakest part of a dc wizard is red named - Eburst twist and Ruin bandaid this somewhat.

  3. #3
    Community Member wyldwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soloist12 View Post
    +2 DI conj twist requires conjuration focus feat.

    Better ed feat imo is Ruin. Packs a huge punch for 100sp. Crits over 6k, hits over 3k, 15sec cd, no save, what's not to love.

    Weakest part of a dc wizard is red named - Eburst twist and Ruin bandaid this somewhat.
    Question... Or rather refresh my memory... What level is ruin?
    Valar Odinson - Lvl 20 Dwarf Cleric
    Dagnes Odinson - Lvl 20 WF Sorc
    Vaalar Odinson - Lvl 19 Elven Arcane Archer
    Dragonmark Alliance - Ghallanda (Formerly Fernia) Server

  4. #4
    Community Member soloist12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyldwolf View Post
    Question... Or rather refresh my memory... What level is ruin?
    It's one of the level 27 epic feats, along with watchful eye, the improved save feats, perma haste, etc.

  5. #5
    Community Member wyldwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soloist12 View Post
    It's one of the level 27 epic feats, along with watchful eye, the improved save feats, perma haste, etc.
    Ahhh thank you
    Valar Odinson - Lvl 20 Dwarf Cleric
    Dagnes Odinson - Lvl 20 WF Sorc
    Vaalar Odinson - Lvl 19 Elven Arcane Archer
    Dragonmark Alliance - Ghallanda (Formerly Fernia) Server

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    819

    Default

    There is hope!!

    I may just have to pull out my very dusty 25 PM. Her gear isn't teh awesome, but it might get the job done. In fact, I redid her enhancements the other evening. I had heard that the new skelly pet was pretty good, but my guildies rarely run EE so I felt the need to test run it there. He was able to hold his own against 1 mob, but I was shocked to find out he's 1 and done (can't resummon until rest), so it turned into me watching him fight for 3 minutes to kill 1 guy while I kept him healed (not real effecient) so when I let him die to be more efficient and found I couldn't re0summon it was pretty disappointing. Being not impressed I went back to my TR-in-progress while I contemplate how to rebuild my enhancements. I had given up on this toon, you have given me hope good sir.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Let me crush your hopes, DC 66 is NOT sufficient for EE Tor/Stormhorns. While you might get the weaker opponents such as casters, the regular melee mobs will still save your spells and need prop work aka enervation.
    Thelanis: Errtu-1, Cherubael, Nararian, Seyria, Yarrrkk, Apothecarius, Tarcus-1, Kheradruakh, Evesor, Experimentum

  8. #8
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    I got a couple of questions. The first is: what gear needs to be farmed, and what augments in which slots? I see profane and exceptional bonuses to a lot of stats there.

    The next question is (and it most likely is gear-relates): how do you plan to get past SR with only 2 feats and 1 enhancement?

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    I got a couple of questions. The first is: what gear needs to be farmed, and what augments in which slots? I see profane and exceptional bonuses to a lot of stats there.
    - INT 11 gloves from new stuff
    - Litany of the Dead
    - Exceptional 1 can be from anywhere
    - Insighful 3 - I like Blue dragon helm


    Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    The next question is (and it most likely is gear-relates): how do you plan to get past SR with only 2 feats and 1 enhancement?
    Nothing has SR that's that high except for drow on EE, EE drow isn't really relevant anymore, it's like building a melee for Devil DPS.

  10. #10
    Hero
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    not suffering fools gladly
    Posts
    3,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    The next question is (and it most likely is gear-relates): how do you plan to get past SR with only 2 feats and 1 enhancement?
    The only Shadowfell mobs with noticeable Spell Resistance are the three orange named Shadowvar in What Goes Up.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

    ~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

  11. #11
    Community Member Ellihor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soloist12 View Post
    +2 DI conj twist requires conjuration focus feat.

    Better ed feat imo is Ruin. Packs a huge punch for 100sp. Crits over 6k, hits over 3k, 15sec cd, no save, what's not to love.

    Weakest part of a dc wizard is red named - Eburst twist and Ruin bandaid this somewhat.
    Unfortunaly its not an ED feat. The dps optoion there would be hellball, i havent tried because just for reading its desciption i gave up: 40d6 is not that better than a spell like otilukes ball 20d6+60, but it being 1/4 of each element makes it weaker in the end, and save negates. I changed build to nclude ruin, that resulted in -1 int modifier lost but opened a twist slot. In the other hand it seems spell focus mastery is stacking with spell focus school items so we got +1 dc.

  12. #12
    Community Member Ellihor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    There is hope!!

    I may just have to pull out my very dusty 25 PM. Her gear isn't teh awesome, but it might get the job done. In fact, I redid her enhancements the other evening. I had heard that the new skelly pet was pretty good, but my guildies rarely run EE so I felt the need to test run it there. He was able to hold his own against 1 mob, but I was shocked to find out he's 1 and done (can't resummon until rest), so it turned into me watching him fight for 3 minutes to kill 1 guy while I kept him healed (not real effecient) so when I let him die to be more efficient and found I couldn't re0summon it was pretty disappointing. Being not impressed I went back to my TR-in-progress while I contemplate how to rebuild my enhancements. I had given up on this toon, you have given me hope good sir.
    Keep in mind the character power you have with this build is much less than if you otherwise invested same amount of time in others characters. I just play it because I absolutly love the concept of the character. To make it viable in ee content it is required a lot of gear and metagaming. But if you only run eh you will do fine. I really dont recommend you to have this as your main and also you should have some alts for when situation calls. But in a party of 6 i really enjoy playing it. By the way dont bother with pets and get away of party when they hug for dw!
    Last edited by Ellihor; 08-28-2013 at 06:03 PM.

  13. #13
    Community Member Ellihor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimethiefXVI View Post
    Let me crush your hopes, DC 66 is NOT sufficient for EE Tor/Stormhorns. While you might get the weaker opponents such as casters, the regular melee mobs will still save your spells and need prop work aka enervation.
    66 dc is stupdly overpowered for ee tor and really anything released before u19. I ran tor the day u19 launched with 61 and it was working very well on the trash and fricking well on the u15-16 chains. The stormhorns are more problematic, but you still can do well. Most of trash dies regulary with this dc, and thise that you cant kill are easly holdable with a double debuff before, so the rest of party can finish them, or yourself: one of the keys to play pale masters is to know when you have to kill a mob with damage spells, and its very effective to do it with energy burst + some aoes on held stuff. Anyways this build is not intended to solo the new stuff on ee because it has problems when you get dots, there are many caster with light damage and those fat bosses are kinda problematic to kill before your sp goes out. I know people are getting stun dcs to high 70s but you have to keep in mind instakill is much overpowered than mlee abilities and casters are much more versatile characters, if the instakill dcs were working on everything like 80% of the time like people claim it should pale masters would be the fricking most overpowered thing in this game and would play like gods - like it is currently in anything released before u19.
    Last edited by Ellihor; 08-28-2013 at 06:04 PM.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellihor View Post
    66 dc is stupdly overpowered for ee tor and really anything released before u19. I ran tor the day u19 launched with 61 and it was working very well on the trash and fricking well on the u15-16 chains. The stormhorns are more problematic, but you still can do well. Most of trash dies regulary with this dc, and thise that you cant kill are easly holdable with a double debuff before, so the rest of party can finish them, or yourself: one of the keys to play pale masters is to know when you have to kill a mob with damage spells, and its very effective to do it with energy burst + some aoes on held stuff. Anyways this build is not intended to solo the new stuff on ee because it has problems when you get dots, there are many caster with light damage and those fat bosses are kinda problematic to kill before your sp goes out. I know people are getting stun dcs to high 70s but you have to keep in mind instakill is much overpowered than mlee abilities and casters are much more versatile characters, if the instakill dcs were working on everything like 80% of the time like people claim it should pale masters would be the fricking most overpowered thing in this game and would play like gods - like it is currently in anything released before u19.
    Then there must be an Error that the Giant savages in the initial fight have like a 50:50 chance to survive my dc67 fod
    Thelanis: Errtu-1, Cherubael, Nararian, Seyria, Yarrrkk, Apothecarius, Tarcus-1, Kheradruakh, Evesor, Experimentum

  15. #15
    Community Member Ellihor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimethiefXVI View Post
    Then there must be an Error that the Giant savages in the initial fight have like a 50:50 chance to survive my dc67 fod
    double post :\

  16. #16
    Community Member Ellihor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimethiefXVI View Post
    Then there must be an Error that the Giant savages in the initial fight have like a 50:50 chance to survive my dc67 fod
    first you drain, if they still save they are easy to finish with direct damage as they have few hp after they loose lvs

  17. #17
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    - INT 11 gloves from new stuff
    - Litany of the Dead
    - Exceptional 1 can be from anywhere
    - Insighful 3 - I like Blue dragon helm
    Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Nothing has SR that's that high except for drow on EE, EE drow isn't really relevant anymore, it's like building a melee for Devil DPS.
    I’d be careful about that. This is just waving a red flag in front of the devs for level 28 – 30 content that is almost exclusively Drow, and devils…

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    NECRO DC 10 + 9 spell + 1 past life + 3 feat + 3 magister + 7 item + 1 lich + 2 enhancement + 31 int = 67

    + 7 item ?
    Please tell me the breakdown

  19. #19
    Community Member Kirlian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    tree hollow
    Posts
    196

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Nenette View Post
    NECRO DC 10 + 9 spell + 1 past life + 3 feat + 3 magister + 7 item + 1 lich + 2 enhancement + 31 int = 67

    + 7 item ?
    Please tell me the breakdown
    Exactly
    AKA Mathrom
    Therhy//Ajey//Darvanan//Eustahy//Giaur
    I am a human whether you like it or not

  20. #20
    Community Member Ykt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    654

    Default

    Thread from August.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nenette View Post
    NECRO DC 10 + 9 spell + 1 past life + 3 feat + 3 magister + 7 item + 1 lich + 2 enhancement + 31 int = 67

    + 7 item ?
    Please tell me the breakdown
    This was back a few months when Spell Focus (Nether Orb) would stack with Spell Focus Mastery (Tablecloth)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload