Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Refund?

  1. #1
    Community Member debo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    987

    Default Refund?

    In this thread Cordovan stated the update was an update not an expansion.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    UPDATE 10:20 AM Eastern (-4 GMT): The worlds are now open! We'll see you in-game!

    UPDATED 9:47 AM Eastern (-4 GMT): The downtime has been extended until 10:30 AM Eastern.

    The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Monday, August 19th from 7:00 - 10:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) to launch the latest game update, the Shadowfell Conspiracy! Patch notes will be available during the downtime. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!
    On the facebook page located here:

    https://www.facebook.com/DDOUnlimite...ocation=stream

    It states it is update 19.

    On the website located here it tells me if I become a vip I will get ALL future, past, and present updates.

    https://www.ddo.com/en/become-vip

    So why did turbine charge me for update 19 then? Or does turbine plan to refund ALL the vip players who bought this?
    Just curious is all.

  2. #2
    Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    katz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California ~ the granola state!
    Posts
    3,546

    Default

    Menace of the Underdark was the first expansion. it was called "update 14"

    so no.

    the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

  3. #3
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from
    Posts
    4,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    <spurious nonsense deleted>
    Wow, because we really needed another thread where someone tries to flog that dead horse.

    And you even went to the bother of adding links to it.

    You got the update free (enhancements, level cap raise etc). You pay for the expansion if you want it (expansion content). Both went live today.

    If you're going to try and be cute or clever with these things, you should get your terminology straight and understand the difference.

  4. #4
    Community Member TBot1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    In this thread Cordovan stated the update was an update not an expansion.




    On the facebook page located here:

    https://www.facebook.com/DDOUnlimite...ocation=stream

    It states it is update 19.

    On the website located here it tells me if I become a vip I will get ALL future, past, and present updates.

    https://www.ddo.com/en/become-vip

    So why did turbine charge me for update 19 then? Or does turbine plan to refund ALL the vip players who bought this?
    Just curious is all.
    Someone else can possibly explain this better. As I understand it, updates and expansion packs are two different things. VIPs benefit from most (not all) things that come with updates; however, expansion packs are separate things and need to be purchases separately. Turbine does seem to be allow confusion about this to continue. You will not have been charged for a Update.
    "So maybe it's about time we all get a reality check and realize that if you raid, run epics, and have capped toons and worry about ED's TR's and all that jazz, you are a small part of the population of this game, a very small part in fact." -- Ungood

  5. #5
    Community Member humbleroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    202

    Default

    same thing was said when the 'Menace of the Underdark' came out.

    its an update, but the main reason is that its an update is because its an Expansion.
    Real join date: Update 7

  6. #6
    The Hatchery
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,549

    Default

    Wooow because we totally needed another thread about this.

    If you're a VIP, what if you just dropped your subscription for two or three months (forgot what the fee is) as a way to "get back" at Turbine for charging you, and "balance out" the cost of the expansion?

  7. #7
    Community Member debo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    987

    Default

    I remember awhile back that a lady got burned because she spilled her coffee on herself from mcdonalds. Mcdonalds lost the lawsuit and had to pay the lady. Because it is implied the coffee is hot doesn't mean it's hot. When a dev employee calls something an update and I paid for an expansion it's in the same category. When I am told as a vip I get all updates for free, is why I'm asking.
    I'm asking for clarification and then maybe turbine can change there wording on the links deadlock to something that is appropriate to what it is actually called.


    Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    Wooow because we totally needed another thread about this.

    If you're a VIP, what if you just dropped your subscription for two or three months (forgot what the fee is) as a way to "get back" at Turbine for charging you, and "balance out" the cost of the expansion?

    I was lucky enough to get a lifetime sub when the game first came out and they were given.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    I was lucky enough to get a lifetime sub when the game first came out and they were given.
    And you're the one complaining about wording? Ouch.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

    ...And then there was silence

  9. #9
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    18,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    I was lucky enough to get a lifetime sub when the game first came out and they were given.
    Well, since you're paying zero per month, I'm sure they'd be happy to give you a refund.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

  10. #10
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,366

    Default

    I think the irony to this is that at least 2 of the pictures shown on the page of the second link (the one describing VIP access) are from MotU, namely the Underdark and the Demonweb.


    Wow, if that doesn't tap-dance on the tattered fringe of false advertising...

  11. #11
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    25,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Wow, because we really needed another thread where someone tries to flog that dead horse.

    And you even went to the bother of adding links to it.

    You got the update free (enhancements, level cap raise etc). You pay for the expansion if you want it (expansion content). Both went live today.

    If you're going to try and be cute or clever with these things, you should get your terminology straight and understand the difference.
    Its not the players trying to be cute or clever with the terminology. Used to be simply "content" - of course they have to use another word, in order to attempt to define the exact same thing as being somehow $lightly different.....and only need to do $o for one $pecific reason.

  12. #12
    Community Member debo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Well, since you're paying zero per month, I'm sure they'd be happy to give you a refund.
    Well yeah it's a good thing your not an employee of turbine because I might take you literally. While I don't pay a monthly sub and am vip, I had to pay for update 19. Which according to turbine owns wording I should get for free since I'm a vip.

    If anyone has a problem don't take it out on me. If anyone has just accepted poor wording on turbines point since menace of the underdark then why even post in the thread you obviously have accepted the situation you are in?
    Don't hate the messenger, I'm just showing what turbine wrote and says. Change starts on there end not mine, as does the wording. They can easily change it so I or others who you say repeatedly said the same thing I am saying don't get confused or have questions and concerns about it.

    I tell my daughter to go to the store to get jelly. She brings home strawberry and I tell her I wanted grape. I'm not going to hate on her because I wasn't specific enough. The same goes for turbine.


    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    If you're going to try and be cute or clever with these things, you should get your terminology straight and understand the difference.
    I completely understand the difference. I paid for an expansion. According to those links I gave you I got an update today. Not an expansion. Plain and simple if in reality what I got today was an expansion, call it an expansion not an update.
    Last edited by debo; 08-19-2013 at 06:10 PM.

  13. #13
    Community Member DogMania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near Dover ,England
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Actualy what you got was an update to the game that ALLOWED the expansion to run

  14. #14
    Community Member Arnez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Woah. This thread is about to become popcorn worthy.
    Is a freeloader actually complaining about semantics?

  15. #15
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TARTARUS
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnez View Post
    Woah. This thread is about to become popcorn worthy.
    Is a freeloader actually complaining about semantics?
    Yes, yes he is.
    It's bloody amazing how dense some people can be.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life10/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin, 2xMonk
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

  16. #16
    Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    katz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California ~ the granola state!
    Posts
    3,546

    Default

    the update is released at the same time as the expansion and includes things for everyone to use and enjoy and is the support and framework of the expansion. to use the things from the expansion you must pay for them.

    the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

  17. #17
    Community Member debo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Yes, yes he is.
    It's bloody amazing how dense some people can be.
    If you are referring to me, you would be completely off. If you were referring to all the vip's who paid for the expansion and got an update and accept it, then yeah they can be.
    If I get a quarter pounder I don't expect a cheeseburger and when I complain I get told a burger is a burger be happy with what I got. But that is what you and all other vip's are doing. You don't voice a complaint or opinion and just accept it as it is.


    Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    the update is released at the same time as the expansion and includes things for everyone to use and enjoy and is the support and framework of the expansion. to use the things from the expansion you must pay for them.
    Then something like what you just posted should have been posted here in the dev post or on facebook. Not just saying update 19 is here.



    Quote Originally Posted by Arnez View Post
    Woah. This thread is about to become popcorn worthy.
    Is a freeloader actually complaining about semantics?
    If you haven't realized yet, I'm complaining about getting an update but paying for an expansion. All along turbine has been careful to call it an expansion in the past when it was complained about. Now it's being called an update. Or put it this way, I'm complaining about the word usage by turbine to give us one thing but giving another.
    Last edited by debo; 08-19-2013 at 08:29 PM.

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    still fighting the unending armies of shavarath
    Posts
    560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    ...as being somehow $lightly different.....and only need to do $o for one $pecific reason.

    I saw what you did there.

    ^ ^

    ...J
    Thelanis: HoeLee, Rasminder, Cerinah, Arlinah, Shrenn, Rowkhan, Paladonis - Jakburton's Porkchop Express (now hiring)

    Sarlona: Aingell of Death, KimberLee, Soullaris the Divine, Bendyr - The Order of Cygnus

  19. #19
    Community Member Tscheuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnez View Post
    Woah. This thread is about to become popcorn worthy.
    Is a freeloader actually complaining about semantics?
    I find it hard to believe that a lifetime VIP sub was free.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    I remember awhile back that a lady got burned because she spilled her coffee on herself from mcdonalds. Mcdonalds lost the lawsuit and had to pay the lady. Because it is implied the coffee is hot doesn't mean it's hot.
    I saw a documentary about this. The lady was seriously burned in this incident with third degree burn, 8 days of hospitalization, and years worth of skin grafts. Although this was used as an example of a frivolous lawsuit, it was a legit issue for her.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck..._RestaurantsNo point here, really. Just thought it was an interesting bit of trivia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload