Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

@Singular and carpone: I have to take back what I said earlier about 18/2 being the only options. Originally, I had thought I could get by without the FvS splash like before. But I've found the new quests are generally full of un-dangerous mobs which equates to a very drawn out slog, and there aren't as many shrines in the explorers like in GH.

Now, I'd probably recommend 18/2 FvS (group-oriented) or 16/2/2 FvS/Paladin (solo-oriented). Meteor and KD immunity will be missed, but FvS seems to be pretty essential for shiradi builds nowdays.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Now, I'd probably recommend 18/2 FvS (group-oriented) or 16/2/2 FvS/Paladin (solo-oriented). Meteor and KD immunity will be missed, but FvS seems to be pretty essential for shiradi builds nowdays.
    I disagree a bit - while FvS is better DPS and stretches out the time between shrines, I'd hardly call it ESSENTIAL.

Seriously, I can Solo most of the new content (except What Goes Up) on EE with my 18/2 Sorc/Pally Build that has no Max/Emp and focuses on getting my dodge bonus as high as possible (Dodge/Mobility in place of Max/Emp). I've basically thrown out the DI Blast for FoTW Sense Weakness and spam MM/CM/SR with a MS thrown in here and there.

It's not as efficient as FvS nor as powerful, but it gets the job done.

For a group oriented Shiradi, I agree 100% that 18/2 with FvS is far superior to Pally Splash.
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

Officer of The Innfellows

Quote Originally Posted by thesnoman View Post
    I disagree a bit - while FvS is better DPS and stretches out the time between shrines, I'd hardly call it ESSENTIAL.

Seriously, I can Solo most of the new content (except What Goes Up) on EE with my 18/2 Sorc/Pally Build that has no Max/Emp and focuses on getting my dodge bonus as high as possible (Dodge/Mobility in place of Max/Emp). I've basically thrown out the DI Blast for FoTW Sense Weakness and spam MM/CM/SR with a MS thrown in here and there.

It's not as efficient as FvS nor as powerful, but it gets the job done.

For a group oriented Shiradi, I agree 100% that 18/2 with FvS is far superior to Pally Splash.
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but the fvs is just really powerful. If you're getting by without it, then you could probably leave maximize on all the time with it. I miss meteor swarm a lot, but the only other thing that you lose is the KD immunity, which from what I've seen so far isn't super prevalent in new content. Even without the exta sp, fvs getsd you quite a bit more dps with extra crits and extra spell power.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but the fvs is just really powerful. If you're getting by without it, then you could probably leave maximize on all the time with it. I miss meteor swarm a lot, but the only other thing that you lose is the KD immunity, which from what I've seen so far isn't super prevalent in new content. Even without the exta sp, fvs getsd you quite a bit more dps with extra crits and extra spell power.
    I agree with you 100% on this post - the FvS Splash makes you really powerful.

I just don't agree that FvS is ESSENTIAL for a Shiradi build.

Is it the most powerful DPS Shiradi build? Yes - Definitely.

Is it ESSENTIAL that you taks the FvS Splash for End game now? Not unless you feel that you HAVE to eek out absolutely the most damage per SP.

I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again - I believe that the FvS Splash is the most powerful DPS Shiradi build in the game, BUT at the cost of Survivability. For group play - fine. For Solo Play - I still find KD immunity exceptionally helpful in end game and am not willing to give it up...yet.
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

I know the reasons in favor of having this build be warforged (quickened recon, free fort, many others) but I can't stand having my main Selee be a WF for what I hope will be her last life.

Not having played many EEs on any of my mains after a 2 year break, is it viable to just go 16sorc/2fvs/2pal as a human with heal scrolls? That is what I have her geared out for (I can easily reach no-fail heal scrolls and have several cleansed GS items). Considering I want to use my last true heart on Wed, any and all feedback before then is greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    I know the reasons in favor of having this build be warforged (quickened recon, free fort, many others) but I can't stand having my main Selee be a WF for what I hope will be her last life.

Not having played many EEs on any of my mains after a 2 year break, is it viable to just go 16sorc/2fvs/2pal as a human with heal scrolls? That is what I have her geared out for (I can easily reach no-fail heal scrolls and have several cleansed GS items). Considering I want to use my last true heart on Wed, any and all feedback before then is greatly appreciated.
    It should work, yeah. As long as you can scroll heal and cocoon yourself there shouldn't be problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Default order off feats from 18/2 sor-fvs

hi can u pls tell the order off u feats when u use the 18/2 sor-fvs thx fore a great builds i cant w8 to try this out

Community Member

If playing with a regular group that includes a Tank, Bard, Cleric, Rogue, and Ranger, would a Drow possibly be preferred from a pure DPS standpoint for the 18/2 Sorc/FVS Shiradi?

Quote Originally Posted by mrdane View Post
    hi can u pls tell the order off u feats when u use the 18/2 sor-fvs thx fore a great builds i cant w8 to try this out
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...52#post5095752

@Singular and carpone: I have to take back what I said earlier about 18/2 being the only options. Originally, I had thought I could get by without the FvS splash like before. But I've found the new quests are generally full of un-dangerous mobs which equates to a very drawn out slog, and there aren't as many shrines in the explorers like in GH.

Thanks I'll have to try that. Just finishing up my last few caster lives for my artie - and seeing the extra dcs go a loooong way, so thinking about TRing my sorc.

As it turns out, you can get wings on a sorc at level 12. Honestly, nothing makes me happier

Community Member

On the Bladeforged (Sor18/Pal2 or Sor16/Pal2/FvS2), would you take the Reconstruct SLA? It's only a saving of 16SP a pop, assuming Quicken and Efficient Quicken 3/3, so I'm not sure if it's worth it. If it is worth taking, where would you cut to gain the 9AP for it?

GrantAnderson
    On the Bladeforged (Sor18/Pal2 or Sor16/Pal2/FvS2), would you take the Reconstruct SLA? It's only a saving of 16SP a pop, assuming Quicken and Efficient Quicken 3/3, so I'm not sure if it's worth it. If it is worth taking, where would you cut to gain the 9AP for it?

Ummm...good question - I haven't gone the Bladeforged route as of yet, so I can't speak from experience. What I think I'd do is to take the Reconstruct SLA while leveling since it is only a Tier 2 Ability. Once I had the actual spell and a Blue Bar to back it up, I think I'd have to dump it and pick up more enhancements from your class trees.
    Thelanis

Community Member

Ummm...good question - I haven't gone the Bladeforged route as of yet, so I can't speak from experience. What I think I'd do is to take the Reconstruct SLA while leveling since it is only a Tier 2 Ability. Once I had the actual spell and a Blue Bar to back it up, I think I'd have to dump it and pick up more enhancements from your class trees.
    Well, Bladeforged starts at 15, so (depending on when you take the FvS and/or Pal levels) you'd either have access to Reconstruct on your list right away, or one level later.

I suppose there's not such a crunch for L6 slots that it becomes useful for that reason?

Recon sla and recon spell are on separate timer, that make them very usefull in ee content
    Godscraft / Godcraft / Millusia / Judet / Vvi - Orien

Proud memeber of The Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by wey4lust View Post
    Recon sla and recon spell are on separate timer, that make them very usefull in ee content
    I have yet to find a need to cast Recon faster than it recharges - even in EE content. My Recon goes off for about 670 - I have 780 HPs. The only time I need more than one recon in a row is if:

1. I'm not paying attention - which rarely happens on EE
    2. I get knocked down, at which point it really doesn't matter how many recons I can cast since you can't cast while knocked down.

There are so many more useful things you can use 9 Enhancement points on than a Recon SLA that it just doesn't make it worth while on a casting Sorcerer. If this was a melee style toon than it might be worth it.
    Thelanis

Community Member

I have yet to find a need to cast Recon faster than it recharges - even in EE content. My Recon goes off for about 670 - I have 780 HPs. The only time I need more than one recon in a row is if:

1. I'm not paying attention - which rarely happens on EE
    2. I get knocked down, at which point it really doesn't matter how many recons I can cast since you can't cast while knocked down.

There are so many more useful things you can use 9 Enhancement points on than a Recon SLA that it just doesn't make it worth while on a casting Sorcerer. If this was a melee style toon than it might be worth it.
    I came to more or less the same conclusion when making my bladeforged last night. I took it on a quick run through Mired in Kobolds, and fumbled through with Wall of Fire, Chain Missiles, Scorching Ray and Magic Missile. I'm not convinced I was all that SP-efficient, though. Would people here recommend the SLAs for leveling until I hit Shiradi, or is it just a matter of practice?

While lvling go just normal fire savant, than ice/air once vale, recon sla is usless while lvling also. Once at cap and maxed shiradi/twists go mm monkey, and well for me 2nd recon while mobs hit 400 is totaly worth 9 AP, esspacialy that all you really need is 30 p in air savant for wings and like 10 in angel for scourge, rest ap is free for w/e you feel. (i would recomend smiting line for angel for sure, and fort from bladeforged core, 200 fort isnt enuff for ee)
    Godscraft / Godcraft / Millusia / Judet / Vvi - Orien

Proud memeber of The Matrix

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by wey4lust View Post
    While lvling go just normal fire savant, than ice/air once vale, recon sla is usless while lvling also. Once at cap and maxed shiradi/twists go mm monkey, and well for me 2nd recon while mobs hit 400 is totaly worth 9 AP, esspacialy that all you really need is 30 p in air savant for wings and like 10 in angel for scourge, rest ap is free for w/e you feel. (i would recomend smiting line for angel for sure, and fort from bladeforged core, 200 fort isnt enuff for ee)
    Is it worth taking those two FvS levels for Scourge/Smiting/Just Reward, even though you miss out on 9th level spells and become vulnerable to knockdown? (I'm almost always solo, if that makes a difference.)

And are the Savant SLAs worth taking while leveling? I'd have access to Shocking Grasp, Electric Loop, Lightning Bolt, Burning Hands, and/or Scorch (or others if I went outside Air/Fire, I guess, although I chose spells with Air and Fire in mind).

Quote Originally Posted by GrantAnderson View Post
    Is it worth taking those two FvS levels for Scourge/Smiting/Just Reward, even though you miss out on 9th level spells and become vulnerable to knockdown? (I'm almost always solo, if that makes a difference.)

I've taken this to the next level and my current build is 14/4/2 Sorc/FvS/Pally

I do miss KD immunity in about 2 quests (Soloing Tor on EE being the biggest PITA) and I no longer have wings.

You don't need any 9th level spells - they drain your mana pool and, with shiradi, the only one worth taking is Meteor Swarm.

I've got 34 points in Fire Savant, 34 points in AoV, and 6 Points in Eldritch Knight - nothing in Air Savant at all.

The build is so much more powerful than any 18/2 build that it's ridiculous. It's equally as powerful as a 16/4, but with the added benefit of really high saves from Paladin Divine Grace.
    Thelanis

Community Member

Well, answering my own question to an extent, I found at least one good use for SLAs: when those Skeletal Enchanters use Madstone Rage on you in the Madstone Crater quest. "Aha, you can't cast spells now, puny Sorc--"
    BZZT
    <crickets>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast