Default Amazing job with the Storm Horns!

Devs, I need to commend you folks for designing this place and the quests within it. I haven't had this much fun in a long time within this game. Ran cold turkey the whole storm horn chain on EE yesterday, and it was an awesome experience - job well done!

That end quest was very interesting =D

If your loot designer would have done as good of a job and a raid existed - this would become perfection.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

First rule of an addiction provider.. leave them wanting more....
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

/signed the dev team is on a roll!

Well not just storm horn.

I enjoyed the quests in Wheloon too and also the stagining / explorer areas.

The quests are just fun to run...

And the skyrim reference when you kill the hill giants... "ow my toes!".

And I had a dance with satyrs, but I suck at performing; so they didn't gimme a buff or whatever...

You can just smell the effort they put into the explorer areas.

Was well worth the pre-purchase money.
    Last edited by DynaTheCat; 08-22-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Turbine gets the quests right 99% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    If your loot designer would have done as good of a job and a raid existed - this would become perfection.
    Turbine gets the loot wrong 99% of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Devs, I need to commend you folks for designing this place and the quests within it. I haven't had this much fun in a long time within this game. Ran cold turkey the whole storm horn chain on EE yesterday, and it was an awesome experience - job well done!

That end quest was very interesting =D

The quests have been good, but getting to them is horrid and designed to irritate people into spending money on shards. I give it a big thumbs down overall just from that.

Actually I think the quests have been too easy, did
    Trackers Trap
    Breaking the Ranks
    Lines of supply

all on ee last night and completed them in a 4 person non optimised group on the first time running them with level 25 toons. Personally I think that's a fail on their design.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    The quests have been good, but getting to them is horrid and designed to irritate people into spending money on shards. I give it a big thumbs down overall just from that.

Trackers Trap
    Breaking the Ranks
    Lines of supply

all on ee last night and completed them in a 4 person non optimised group on the first time running them with level 25 toons. Personally I think that's a fail on their design.
    They are not designed to get people to spend shards. They are designed for people like me who love large, intricate explorer zones. The fact that you can't understand that not everything is designed for you and you are not the center of the universe is very telling. But, don't worry, they implemented something for people like you too, the ability to freely zone close to the quests! And if THAT isn't enough for you, you can even spend those astral shards you've been collecting for free to bypass even more of that disgusting explorer zone you hate.

There's a choice for three different types of players here. The ones that like to explore areas endlessly, the ones that like to get the nice xp the first time running through, and the ones that don't want to even deal with explorer zones. This is good design.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DynaTheCat View Post
    Well not just storm horn.

I enjoyed the quests in Wheloon too and also the stagining / explorer areas.

The quests are just fun to run...
    Storm Horns is a masterpiece, but I am feeling angst over Wheloon. The art and road/alley/rooftop is well designed but it only took about 60 seconds of "shadowfell" effect to turn me off from that for a while.

I hope they revisit that effect... I already seem to have to set DDO gamma unusually high to enjoy the game but shadowfell took "shadow" to new levels of eyestrain inducing darkness. It's nigh unplayable from the lack of visibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post

Trackers Trap
    Breaking the Ranks
    Lines of supply

I'll agree that they are on the easy side - we ran the entire chain with no healer and on suboptimal toons (I still played my half broken build due to an LR screw up) as well.

I think the last quest in the chain was the most challenging - they got that one right in my book.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    Storm Horns is a masterpiece, but I am feeling angst over Wheloon. The art and road/alley/rooftop is well designed but it only took about 60 seconds of "shadowfell" effect to turn me off from that for a while.

I hope they revisit that effect... I already seem to have to set DDO gamma unusually high to enjoy the game but shadowfell took "shadow" to new levels of eyestrain inducing darkness. It's nigh unplayable from the lack of visibility.
    this. The shadowfell effect genuinely gave me a headache....

But the storm horns are awesome
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    /signed the dev team is on a roll!
    Signed
    /Nancy

NancyPDoyle, Dubitable, Bluer, Perisher, NPD, OttoAttack, and others, all on Khyber

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Storm horns are the best mountain graphics I've ever seen in a computer game... Cryengine games don't have anything on it.

Man we had a hard time with breaking the ranks EH last night, nearly wiped at the end. seemed like good players, 3 of them known to me (two guildies)... was just hard, had the Shadar kitting while the rest of us took out the red... drank a few pots... Got my Sages Skullcap on one light based toon, working on the other.