Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar

Default Need some build ideas re Luminous truth as main weapon

I have luminous truth that has been sitting in my bank for a while. It seems like it should be a great weapon but I've yet to find a build that works with since it has casting stats and some decent dps stats as well. So with the new enhancements coming tomorrow along with LR20 hearts of wood I thought I might redo some old toons that haven't seen play in a while based around luminous truth. Good or bad idea is irrelevant its just for fun. I have both human and elf available to play with .

so anyone want to throw out some general build ideas... Would appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStormclaw View Post
    I have luminous truth that has been sitting in my bank for a while. It seems like it should be a great weapon but I've yet to find a build that works with since it has casting stats and some decent dps stats as well. So with the new enhancements coming tomorrow along with LR20 hearts of wood I thought I might redo some old toons that haven't seen play in a while based around luminous truth. Good or bad idea is irrelevant its just for fun. I have both human and elf available to play with .

Acrobat Druid....actually sounds pretty awesome!

17 Druid
    2 Rogue
    1 Cleric

.........I might do this myself....lol
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

I'd probably look at a mainly favored soul say 13 for 2 6th level spell slots
    Some of that new heshin mystic monk quarterstaff goodness with a little extra spell power.
    And let's say 1 Druid to get rams and shelilegh (how ever its spelled )

Light your archon , light spells pew pew , blade barrier and beat them with your truth.

------
    Now as to the merits of basing a build off of a single level 16 weapon that isn't all that great well thats up for debate.

I thought about cleric/monk/Pali 15/3/2.. Nets me 8th level spells, evasion, charisma to saves to help reflex for evasion and going divine disciple get me sun bolt which should be devastating while wielding truth.

If you're still using luminous truth as your main weapon, you're going to have a bad time.

Quote Originally Posted by DynaTheCat View Post

If you're still using luminous truth as your main weapon, you're going to have a bad time.

Meh...it's just an off toon flavor build for fun...lol

Ju....Ju.....

JUGGERNAUT.

(At least the Centered Version- 2Monk/2Pally/16Arty)

I'm doing this build now on one of my alts as I've acquired a number of good quarterstaves.

I'll bid a staff-based favored soul.

Maybe a couple levels of monk for the new prestige that is a staff user with some casting buffs?

Meh...it's just an off toon flavor build for fun...lol
    The staff isn't bad when epic. Granted, with the new random loot it's not great, but it's not completely terri-bad. It has 12% or 16% lore values for fire and light damage.

I'd throw an at-level Impulse augment on it and UMD scroll elemental weapons for a third (besides light and fire) elemental damage. If you could stack some other damage (old VON red dragons scale, enhancements or destinies that add stacking damage), it could be decent in the hands of a cleric or favored soul who melees.