Default A few problems (I think) and a question...

First, I want to apologize if any (or all) of these have already been posted, replied to and/or is being/has been looked into, but as the search function is down and I haven't the patience to pore through massive numbers of posts, I decided I'd just risk re-posting...

1. I went to send a guild invite to another character today and discovered that I had mail, though I had no mail notification icon up. After this, I went to all of my characters and noticed that one other had the same issue, though 2 others had the mail icon as they should have.

2. This is a pretty minor issue (particularly as I might have just forgotten) but I don't recall getting my daily roll today, and I read a conversation in general chat this morning about at least one other player having the same issue. Again, not a huge thing, bit perhaps not an isolated thing, either.

3. I've been farming 'Shadow of a Doubt' trying to get the shiny new trinket and I noticed that the shadows are leaving silhouettes behind after being killed. They do eventually disappear, but it takes longer than it should. As in, they're not just slowly fading, but actually stuck there for a minute or so.

4. Drow Venomed Blades is kind of fried. I've seen this posted before in the Lamannia forums, but the issue has found its way to me on Argo. The icon is greyed out and completely unusable, even after I have replaced it. I even tried treating it as a Wizard spell and going into a tavern to replace it... Nothing.

Finally, the question... There is no longer a Void Strike (of any kind) for any Monk but the Henshin Mystic, which kind of kills the finishers for Dark and Light Monks... I kind of thought this was most likely an oversight or a work in progress thing, since you've given us the new Ninja Spy enhancements based on those exact finishers that we can no longer use...

Going back to farming now... Feel free to drop a Pale Green Ioun Stone or 20 into the chest for me...

Later

Community Member

Which enhancements make use of curse of the void?

And i'm guessing they did it this way to make henshin's more appealing. t5 henshin gains access to all light/dark/void finishers. Has to compete with a strike that deals 500 damage and another that gives 100% doublestrike, as well as unarmed d8 and kukan do.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneArcher52689 View Post
    Which enhancements make use of curse of the void?
    I forget what they're called atm, and I can't log in and see, but they're enhancements that kind of add to the Curse of the Void... Again, my failed memory is limiting my response here and making me sound like a complete moron, but the one I was most interested in was one that improved Curse of the Void by giving all nearby enemies 1 negative level when it was used.

And i'm guessing they did it this way to make henshin's more appealing. t5 henshin gains access to all light/dark/void finishers. Has to compete with a strike that deals 500 damage and another that gives 100% doublestrike, as well as unarmed d8 and kukan do.
    Yeah, I totally get that and I have no problem with it at all. My only concern is the complete lack of any void move for the Dark monk. Even the lowest level one that we had before, if nothing else. I'd just like to be able to take Touch of Death and be able to use my Curse of the Void finishers on my Dark Monk and my Moment of Clarity finishers on my Light one.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeNoctu View Post
    Yeah, I totally get that and I have no problem with it at all. My only concern is the complete lack of any void move for the Dark monk. Even the lowest level one that we had before, if nothing else. I'd just like to be able to take Touch of Death and be able to use my Curse of the Void finishers on my Dark Monk and my Moment of Clarity finishers on my Light one.
    I'll have to look at this, I was wondering what happened to my void strike. Note tho under the new system you can take enhancments from other pre trees, I believe, just not the tier 5 ones.

Since Drow Venomed Blades is completely borked I might have some spare points.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by MrkGrismer View Post
    I'll have to look at this, I was wondering what happened to my void strike. Note tho under the new system you can take enhancments from other pre trees, I believe, just not the tier 5 ones.
    That "tier 5" thing is the whole issue, I'm afraid. I can essentially become a Henshin Mystic (which causes me no real problem, as it's pretty awesome and would suit my Warforged Kensei/Monk nicely) and take the Ninja Spy Curse of the Void enhancements (as long as I'm careful with the AP since the last one is at tier 4) and get my Void Strike with Henshin... But, I kind of built this character for a very specific flavor, it's Earth Stance rather than Fire, more Con than Str and I like it as is, so I'm really not wanting to change it. Besides which, I'm currently working on another Henshin and don't really need two... Yet

Anyway, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could post back if you happen to notice that there's something I've completely missed (which is always a possibility) to let me know what an idiot I've been and how obvious the answer is, so I can take my enhancement and continue my build as planned lol.

Later

Community Member

That "tier 5" thing is the whole issue, I'm afraid. I can essentially become a Henshin Mystic (which causes me no real problem, as it's pretty awesome and would suit my Warforged Kensei/Monk nicely) and take the Ninja Spy Curse of the Void enhancements (as long as I'm careful with the AP since the last one is at tier 4) and get my Void Strike with Henshin... But, I kind of built this character for a very specific flavor, it's Earth Stance rather than Fire, more Con than Str and I like it as is, so I'm really not wanting to change it. Besides which, I'm currently working on another Henshin and don't really need two... Yet

Anyway, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could post back if you happen to notice that there's something I've completely missed (which is always a possibility) to let me know what an idiot I've been and how obvious the answer is, so I can take my enhancement and continue my build as planned lol.

Later
    So I logged in last night and had the "you have points to spend" icon. Grrr...

Opened the enhancements (nice that you don't have to visit a trainer now) and all my Drow enhancements were gone. (grrr)

Okay, well, this give me the chance to look at that void strike thing. Or so I thought. I look at Henshin and saw that void stuff, but it doesn't mention void strike at all:

Embrace the Void: Gain [1/2/3] Meditation use per rest, and regenerate Ki faster while meditating. While you are meditating, you generate a protective shield which can absorb up to [25/50/100] damage, and is refreshed every 3 seconds.

Focus: While you are meditating, you bring the world around you into focus. The field of focus lasts for 30 seconds from the start of your meditation, and gains power every 3 seconds of your meditation. Each tier of power grants an additional 3 Insight bonus to Universal Spell Power, +1% Insight bonus to hit, and a +2% Insight bonus to weapon damage to all allies within it.

The WIKI ( http://ddowiki.com/page/Henshin_Myst...%28Lamannia%29) lists Void Strike as Tier 5, which would make it impossible for anyone except a pure Henshin to get, and that's not going to happen on my character. I moused over those and don't remember seeing it even at Tier 5.

Unfortunately, I am moving forward with the idea that they removed void strikes, and everything dependent on it might as well be non-existent. I'll miss moment of clarity but I can live without it. I does make me sad tho.

*Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member

I forget what they're called atm, and I can't log in and see, but they're enhancements that kind of add to the Curse of the Void... Again, my failed memory is limiting my response here and making me sound like a complete moron, but the one I was most interested in was one that improved Curse of the Void by giving all nearby enemies 1 negative level when it was used.
    The enhancements in the Shintao and Ninja Spy trees modify your dark-dark-dark finisher (Touch of Despair) and your light-light-light finisher (Healing Ki), not Curse of the Void.

Community Member

First, I want to apologize if any (or all) of these have already been posted, replied to and/or is being/has been looked into, but as the search function is down and I haven't the patience to pore through massive numbers of posts, I decided I'd just risk re-posting...

1. I went to send a guild invite to another character today and discovered that I had mail, though I had no mail notification icon up. After this, I went to all of my characters and noticed that one other had the same issue, though 2 others had the mail icon as they should have.
    This has been a problem for awhile. Relogging will fix it. Usually only happens after I reset something. Like an LR, my mail icon will be gone till I relog. Or if I create a vet toon to level one, log into a different toon to send it a guild invite, then log back in and build it on the airship. The mail icon won't show till I relog.

2. This is a pretty minor issue (particularly as I might have just forgotten) but I don't recall getting my daily roll today, and I read a conversation in general chat this morning about at least one other player having the same issue. Again, not a huge thing, bit perhaps not an isolated thing, either.
    Not sure, never had this happen.

3. I've been farming 'Shadow of a Doubt' trying to get the shiny new trinket and I noticed that the shadows are leaving silhouettes behind after being killed. They do eventually disappear, but it takes longer than it should. As in, they're not just slowly fading, but actually stuck there for a minute or so.
    Been happening awhile. And it's not just shadows. Displaced or blurred mobs often have their blur or displace animation remain after they die.

Quote Originally Posted by gurgar78 View Post
    The enhancements in the Shintao and Ninja Spy trees modify your dark-dark-dark finisher (Touch of Despair) and your light-light-light finisher (Healing Ki), not Curse of the Void.
    Those I know, but I'm talking about Curse of the Void (void-dark-void) and Moment of Clarity (void-light-void). I've used them both heavily on my monks... I'm kind of addicted to monks, so I have quite a few lol.

Okay, well, this give me the chance to look at that void strike thing. Or so I thought. I look at Henshin and saw that void stuff, but it doesn't mention void strike at all:
    Thanks for getting back... Void Strike is there for the Henshin Mystic... I'm looking at it now. It's at the top on the left. I can't do the nice little tables you did, but in my own crude and stone age way, here it is:

Void Strike (1/1)

Requires: Elemental Words (Rank 1)
    Requires: Level 12
    Requires: Monk Level 5
    Requires: 30 Points Spent in Tree
    You can only take Tier 5 Enhancements from one tree at a time.
    Action Point Cost: 2
    Activation Cost: 15 Ki
    Cooldown: 3 seconds
    Void Ki Melee Attack: You have learned to make attacks backed by pure ki energy. On Hit: 10d6 Force damage. On Vorpal: Your enemy is erased from existence.

Now, I totally get that this is much too powerful to have along side of Touch of Death. I'm not actually asking for that kind of power (though in all honesty, I wouldn't turn it down) but if they could just give us something... 1d4 even. Any void attack so that we can use the finishers that they just worked so hard to improve for us lol.

I've had a few of the AP issues, but not quite so bad as yours, it seems... You have my sympathy.

Jalont... Thanks for updating me. Apparently I haven't been paying as much attention as I should have been

Later

Community Member

Any void attack so that we can use the finishers that they just worked so hard to improve for us lol.
    I'm still not sure what you mean by this. The improvement to the finishers doesn't have anything at all to do with a void strike. The two finishers that get AP improves are Touch of Despair (Dark-dark-dark) and Healing Ki (Light-Light-Light)

What does void have to do with anything?

Community Member

The tables thing just happened when I copied/pasted from the wiki. Not sure if I could do it on purpose

With void strike being henshen only I am going to have to pretend as if moment of clarity doesn't exist, because for my character it pretty much doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by gurgar78 View Post
    I'm still not sure what you mean by this. The improvement to the finishers doesn't have anything at all to do with a void strike. The two finishers that get AP improves are Touch of Despair (Dark-dark-dark) and Healing Ki (Light-Light-Light)

What does void have to do with anything?
    OMG! Seriously. OMFG! I have achieved Completionist, grabbed all of my EDs, I'm currently at level 28 and pushing to go beyond... Thus is the epic level of my stupidity.

I get what you were saying Gurgar... Finally! I have ZERO clue how I could have misread that... 30 or so times! But somehow, I did. As I said... Epic level stupidity lol.

Thank you for pointing it out, and doing so patiently I've done some dumb things in my life, but this one... I seriously read it multiple times because I simply couldn't understand how I could possibly have been reading it right... And yet, I actually wasn't reading it right.

Ok... Back to first grade.

The tables thing just happened when I copied/pasted from the wiki. Not sure if I could do it on purpose

With void strike being henshen only I am going to have to pretend as if moment of clarity doesn't exist, because for my character it pretty much doesn't
    I'll definitely have to remember the paste thing from now on... Or just learn these little forum scripts. lol

And, I sincerely apologize for leading you into our little party wipe... Apparently, Gurgar was absolutely correct in both posts, and I was (literally, it seems) too blind to see it... Or too dim to grasp it, perhaps lol

So, essentially, we DO have the improved finishers... They just finish something other than what I foolishly thought they did.

And, btw... My sense of ethical obligation won't allow me to keep my mouth shut here... I actually "knew" that, but I didn't put the pieces together. See, my level 25 Light Monk has been using her upgraded finishers since the update. In fact, I've been using the finisher a lot more than before, just because I've been wanting to see if that would be a viable replacement for the Sun Soul set. In other words, I was using the very thing I thought I couldn't use...

Epic, epic stupidity...

Community Member

It seems that we have the 'improved finishers' but they removed all of the other ones (other than the elemental ones), so no:

Grasp the Earth Dragon
    Dance of Clouds
    Aligning the Heavens
    Walk of the Sun
    Moment of Clarity
    Pain Touch
    Falling Star Strike
    Freezing the Lifeblood
    Karmic Strike
    Curse of the Void
    Shining Star

I've only specifically tried Shining Star, as that one has always been easy to remember. I might try some of the others later on.