Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Default Hall of Heroes - Devs, what gives?

If you look through my post history, I actually made a suggestion for a "Hall of Heroes" for TRs &c.

What you've made is much more massive than I had envisioned. I was thinking something more the size of the Portable Hole or the Crafting Hall.

Yet, I'm confused.

Why separate Forgotten Realms from Eberron? The area is self-contained and doesn't exist anywhere, there's no reason to segregate them. I would think that a central travel and social nexus would have been the best idea.
    The Eberron area needs a ship portal (as does house Cannith), even if it's only an out-going ship portal like the Underdark.
    The Forgotten Realms Hall goes only one place. For what reason?

Why release it now? This can't be finished. It needs a bar, an auctioneer, vendors, pawn shops, it's own crafting machines. It needs to be one-stop convenient with no loading screens and have oddities and wonders that the people who can't get in can only imagine.

As it is, it takes longer to cross from the entry to the exit that it would to boot the client. It's pretty, but like my ex, it's pretty vacant and not terribly helpful.

It all just seems so premature. I guess you just had to meet a forced deadline with the expansion pack to justify... whatever. Oh well.

Would you like to share your intentions as to what this place will become?
    Last edited by Phaeton_Seraph; 08-22-2013 at 02:06 AM.

Community Member

I read somewhere that they intend to add other portals. I don't recall which thread, and search is not working for me, atm.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

I mostly hope they add a way to go from the eberron hall of heroes to the eveningstar one. Because having to relog just to teleport to the other realm sucks. Unless I missed something.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

Cordovan, Devs, anyone who can do something bout it - please upgrade the Hall of Heroes.

Good things:

- We finally have a way to FR from Ebberon that is not timed OR doesnt require to go via 4 loading screens. That is awesome.
    - We finally have a way to get to those level 15 quests in Eve that doesnt require to have a Key to Eve in inventory or completing level 16 chain. That is awesome as well.
    - We have a character selection option to start in FR or Ebberon. Very cool.
    - The Hall looks absolutely fantastic. My thanks to designer.
    - We finally have teleporter to Marketplace, House cannith and IQ. That is just great.

Things to update:

- The hall is dead. There is just mail box and nothing else. Putting in Bar, Auction House, Bank, arcane and divine mats sellers, hireling vendors, heroic trainers, epic trainer and Spirit Binder (ESPECIALLY spirit Binder) would make that place absolutely awesome. I mean, absolutely awesome. The place to go, the place to bind your soul to. Please, do so. Putting in (in addition to all previous stuff) equipment brokers would be nice to.
    - Ebberon and FR portals are way too far from each other. It would be a blast if you would make the path to them shorter. Pretty please?

Would be awesome if any dev/Cordovan could respond on this.
    Last edited by viktorserak; 08-22-2013 at 03:35 AM.

Community Member

Additionally, making hall of heroes aesible from Airship and reating an airship entrane in hall of Heroes would make that instane extremely popular!

I believe that, maybe exept for "shortening" the distance between FR and Ebberon portals, all updates I suggested should be easy to implement and all of them would be met with huge happiness in the ommunity

Community Member

Default basically

Make it the arwic subway, but dont blow anything up.

I visited it shortly while waiting for party members to get ready;
    what is the point of it? (I couldnt see any hint at the purpose inside)
    NedrilFavored Soul . GidraMonkcher . LambalorBard . Cannith

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gDra View Post
    I visited it shortly while waiting for party members to get ready;
    what is the point of it? (I couldnt see any hint at the purpose inside)
    I think one of the designers was thinking the same then whilst creating it. At least 2 of the statues are facepalming if you look at them from the right angle. I thought that was possibly the most hilarious thing I've seen so far in game.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    Cordovan, Devs, anyone who can do something bout it - please upgrade the Hall of Heroes.

Good things:

snip

Things to update:

snip.
    /bitter a bit
    Like many good ideas in this game, from the yellow dopant through CitW chests to huge maps, the implementation is abysmal
    thats said,
    /signed

sign, it's free and wont cost anything and won't help, but hey, it makes us fell better. We TRIED.
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Default I think they did a fine job but,

I think they did a fine job but, why are some of the statues in the pose they are in?
    It looks very strange and not that heroic in my opinion.

It took me longer to run from the spawn location to a portal than it normally takes me to run fom the market, all the way to eveningstar: purpose of hall failed.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

New in the DDO Shop:
    Hall of Heroes Upgrades!
    Bar - 590TP
    Auction House - 590TP
    Bank - 590TP
    Mat Merchants - 590TP
    Hireling vendor - 590TP
    Epic Hireling vendor - 590TP
    Heroic trainers - 590TP
    Epic trainer - 590TP
    Spirit Binder - 1590TP
    Each has a 1 Week Timer!

:>
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post

Good things:

- We finally have a way to FR from Ebberon that is not timed OR doesnt require to go via 4 loading screens. That is awesome.
    - We finally have a way to get to those level 15 quests in Eve that doesnt require to have a Key to Eve in inventory or completing level 16 chain. That is awesome as well.
    - We have a character selection option to start in FR or Ebberon. Very cool.
    - The Hall looks absolutely fantastic. My thanks to designer.
    - We finally have teleporter to Marketplace, House cannith and IQ. That is just great.

Things to update:

- The hall is dead. There is just mail box and nothing else. Putting in Bar, Auction House, Bank, arcane and divine mats sellers, hireling vendors, heroic trainers, epic trainer and Spirit Binder (ESPECIALLY spirit Binder) would make that place absolutely awesome. I mean, absolutely awesome. The place to go, the place to bind your soul to. Please, do so. Putting in (in addition to all previous stuff) equipment brokers would be nice to.
    - Ebberon and FR portals are way too far from each other. It would be a blast if you would make the path to them shorter. Pretty please?

Would be awesome if any dev/Cordovan could respond on this.
    Pawn Shops. Let's put a set of those somewhere popular like this so people will use them again! I used to make daily trips out to Ataraxia to check what goodies people had to sell cause their inventory got full while on the island and they didn't want to come all the way back to town.

Agreed on that; just add some helpful stuff like that and we're done.

Right now it's just a spooky big empty space that takes a while to run through; statues are nice and all but forgotten and ignored when a party is waiting for you to show up for a quest.

I have faith it'll wind up being just as well developed as the Temple of the Sovereign Host or the Black Loch trainer/vendor hub.

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Make it the arwic subway, but dont blow anything up.
    Complete with undead following you around and blocking the passage and feather fall bots at the edge.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Ok, noob question... But how do you USE the hall of heroes? As a vip I can select either hall during log-in, but I was under the impression you could also enter in-game and use it to go from world A to world B -but I can't figure out how? Or was I wrong about the ingame use option? It seems like a real pain if you have to log out in order to use the hall...

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    Ok, noob question... But how do you USE the hall of heroes? As a vip I can select either hall during log-in, but I was under the impression you could also enter in-game and use it to go from world A to world B -but I can't figure out how? Or was I wrong about the ingame use option? It seems like a real pain if you have to log out in order to use the hall...

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    There is an entrance in Eveningstar. I assume there is also an entrance somewhere in Eberon but I haven't bothered to look for it yet. After using it once and realizing what a ridiculously long run it was I can't see much point.

A guild-hall in the FR would have been a much more intelligent thing for Turbine to add than this.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    A guild-hall in the FR would have been a much more intelligent thing for Turbine to add than this.
    I still think they should have had our guilds set up camps in the kings' forest outside of Eveningstar. It would be like one of the old wood palisade forts.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    Why release it now? This can't be finished. It needs a bar, an auctioneer, vendors, pawn shops, it's own crafting machines. It needs to be one-stop convenient with no loading screens and have oddities and wonders that the people who can't get in can only imagine.
    And once you get all that done please change the name from 'Hall of Heroes' to 'Mall of Heroes'.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast