Founder

Default Pale Master Pets in Public Areas?

Just saw a Skeletal Knight run by in House Jorasco and did a double-take. Is this new?

Might be. Same thing happened to me last night in the Marketplace. Not running by, mind you. Someone (I assume a PM) standing near the General Vendor under the MP Tent with a pet Skeletal Knight...looked like a Frostmarrow Knight, too.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

I've seen the summoning text "Skeletal Knight bows before 'Playername' " in general/local chat but I've not actually lain eyes on one.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Community Member

the skeletal pets are almost like druids/arti's dogs. they get a health bar and such under the persons name and arent realy counted as a summon. And yes they can be summoned in public areas.

Community Member

Just saw a level 4 wiz with a skeletal knight pet by the entrance to the Dirk's quest in the Harbor. My L3 rogue was getting ready to run it, and there she was. Pretty cool looking...makes me want to play one.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Just saw a Skeletal Knight run by in House Jorasco and did a double-take. Is this new?
    Yep. Skeletons are now like Arty and Druid dogs :3

"Hikari datte, yami datte, kitto"

Into light, into darkness, surely.

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zyerz View Post
    Yep. Skeletons are now like Arty and Druid dogs :3
    Yeah theyre nice, the 2 main differences are you can't give them equipment & you gain access to them through the class enhancement tree rather than as a class feature. Nice that they don't count as typical summons too, so now a wizzy can run around with a skeleton & an epic lich, then use reanimate on dead party members & have a whole horde of the undead!
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.