Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Get your Popcorn for this one... me

I just wanted to say "Thank you" to the Turbine Team that did the Enhancement pass.

I had not looked at it at all, till it was released and I was very happy to see that most (not sure about all) the PRE's were done, and full trees there.

The UI was easy to use, simple to understand, and fun to play around with in-game, without needing to read and follow a billion guides to get a decent build.

I was happy to see that I could adjust my Enhancements without needing to talk to a trainer, which was a huge boon to me, very well done and it worked, So Kudos!

I loved the racial trees and additional abilities as well, it was a wonderful touch to the whole system.

Most of the stuff I remember was there, and a lot of new things as well.

I can't speak for anyone but myself in this, But Thank You, this really made the game much better overall for me, in every way.

I am sure a few of my build have gotten borked but I already know that my two fav characters got boons, so, I am one very happy player with this change.

Again, great job to the Team that made this happen! Good work and Great Showing!

*braces for hate impact*

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    I just wanted to say "Thank you" to the Turbine Team that did the Enhancement pass.

I had not looked at it at all, till it was released and I was very happy to see that most (not sure about all) the PRE's were done, and full trees there.

The UI was easy to use, simple to understand, and fun to play around with in-game, without needing to read and follow a billion guides to get a decent build.

I was happy to see that I could adjust my Enhancements without needing to talk to a trainer, which was a huge boon to me, very well done and it worked, So Kudos!

I loved the racial trees and additional abilities as well, it was a wonderful touch to the whole system.

I can't speak for anyone but myself in this, But Thank You, this really made the game much better overall for me, in every way.

I am sure a few of my build have gotten borked but I already know that my two fav characters got boons, so, I am one very happy player with this change.

Again, great job to the Team that made this happen! Good work and Great Showing!

*braces for hate impact*

I'm with ya... I also posted a thank you to the devs... Ive been waiting for this for so long and it revived my interest in DDO once again. I was getting somewhat bored. I had done every build, every class, every quest. But with the possibilities of the new enhancement system, I can't wait to test everything out. Imagine... With this system you could pull off a pretty effective Shadow Knight. My AA will no longer suffer major melee nerfing, and afaik, my tempest can finally summon arrows. :3

"Hikari datte, yami datte, kitto"

Into light, into darkness, surely.

*braces for hate impact*
    Now you did it!

The Hatchery

Only a couple PrEs were added, though it doesn't matter as much since PrEs are now fundamentally different.

I'm a little bummed that Acolyte of Skin didn't make it in, but then again that would have meant Sorcerer would have had five (six if you count racial) simultaneous trees.

Is power surge for the Kensai Fighters somewhere in the trees? That was the PRE in the old system.
    If it is still there please direct me to it.

"Kinky is using a feather, perverted is using the whole chicken"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oeuf View Post
    Is power surge for the Kensai Fighters somewhere in the trees? That was the PRE in the old system.
    If it is still there please direct me to it.
    Yes it is

In the Kensai Tree

4th Core Enhancement (Bottom row)

Power Surge: Action Boost:
    You gain +8 Psionic bonus to Strength for 60 seconds. If you possess the ability to generate Ki, you gain On Hit: +2 Ki.
    AP Cost: 2 Level: 12 Progression: 20 Requires: Fighter Level 12, Strike With No Thought
    Orien: Drache-V36, Merkades-V6 , Askasia-Cleric

Eh? nothing popcorn worthy in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    Only a couple PrEs were added, though it doesn't matter as much since PrEs are now fundamentally different.

I'm a little bummed that Acolyte of Skin didn't make it in, but then again that would have meant Sorcerer would have had five (six if you count racial) simultaneous trees.
    Each time I tried, spending points in a savant tree completly locks the opposite savant tree. At best 2 class trees to pick from.
    Plus, even if they are of different elements, it's 4 times the same tree. Yawn.

Talk about "opening options". Now if my air savant wants cold spell power, it can't have fire.
    Sorcs need another tree.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    Talk about "opening options". Now if my air savant wants cold spell power, it can't have fire.
    On the other hand, by the time you've spent ~70 ap in your sorcerer trees you'll have 50+ universal spell power from that, and +23 more from spellcraft assuming you invest there. That's before any spellcraft skill item or other modifiers like greater heroism.

So you if you unlock water and lock out fire tree, you still end up with around 70, or more, fire spell power. And 70+ force power, and 70+ untyped power... and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    LOL.. win!

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Eh? nothing popcorn worthy in here.
    With all the other threads about how bad this was, I was not expecting the positive responses I got. Woohoo! Not alone!

Glad others liked it too!

LOL..With all the other threads about how bad this was, I was not expecting the positive responses I got. Woohoo! Not alone!

Glad others liked it too!
    I didn't like it on lama. I still don't like it. And I still don't like the damn Human imp recovery II being in third tier. I also don't like how my Sharn rings got bumped to ML3.

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Yes, Thank you.

Good job as always.

You continue to make this game fun for me. Thanks.

As always, I appreciate your hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

quote from the playing field:

Party: [Party] _______: this EP is really awsome, wont lie

Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post
    I also don't like how my Sharn rings got bumped to ML3.

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!
    That was a totally different team.. and loot discussions are over there someplace..

Not having to go see a trainer is awesome.

Thanks for listening to and acting on our feedback regarding not having a three tree limit.

Founder

I agree that there were some good points to the Enhancement Pass. However, I think that there should have been more "advertising" about the Enhancement reset and there should have been instructions. There were players who logged in after the update and were surprised to find all of their enhancements were gone. As we know, only 5% of players are on the forums - how else would they find out the details of the EP beforehand? And even some players who knew it was coming weren't sure how to proceed. They didn't know if they needed to LR (there wasn't enough information about Feat changes either), the fact that certain Racial Enhancements had been moved to specific trees, etc.

In addition, I am sad at the way they "finished" some Prestige Enhancements by splitting up the existing PRE and redistributing it. And some classes STILL don't have 3 PREs - I mean how many years has it been? This was the perfect opportunity.

Finally, I can't get really excited about a change that takes us even farther from true D&D (Racial nerfs, Paladin silliness, etc.).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Not having to go see a trainer is awesome.

Thanks for listening to and acting on our feedback regarding not having a three tree limit.
    I think this is what saved it for me, my clonk has 4 trees and and racial some are just the 1st core or 1 core and one or two things has made the toon really shine in my test of it. it coast a lot to re do enchamnet but aleast you don't have to redo all of them
    A Player of a clonk
    funniest thing I have read in a while=>
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    we'd rather spend that development time on things most players like.

Last year when they first started talking about this I was in an absolute nerdrage about it... how dare they change something I've gotten so used to! They were going to screw everything up! /rabblerabblerabble

But now that it's here and I had some chances to try out the epic destinies within the past month... I'm converted.

I love that there aren't any more blind choices, so you don't have to click "show unavailable" and go through a gigantic list(especially if you were fighter splash!) just to figure out what some of your prerequisites are.
    The fact that prestiges are now handled throughout a tree is something I find both good and bad. You miss out on the feeling of a massive boost when you hit level 6/12/18 but at the same time it's not one big clump so you can pick and choose a lot easier.

The new racial trees IMO are one of the best parts. Some of the higher tier require a lot of points in the tree but, from what I've experienced, it's totally worth it. The fact that dragonmarks are handled through racial enhancements totally adds to that; my main has now had dimension door since she was level 3 and that's crazy!

I personally haven't spent a lot of time going through all of them again due to me focusing on one character who TR'd again on monday so I'm not totally sure how this is affecting everyone. But I do know that for me so far, I'm liking it. It's clean, it's organized, it's easy to read, it gives fun and unique buffs, and I think turbine did a pretty good job.
    Main/Only character:
    Pyrerose, the Overlord of Love
    Double heroic completionist, still in love with heroic content
    Current life:
    16 FVS/3 Monk/1 Fighter, The Priestess of Vol

Thank you all for the kind words.

in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

+1 agree.

communication+cooperation+coordination = teamwork between Dev's and Players.

keep it up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast