Community Member

Default What do you think of new Cleric enhancements?

Most of the important stuff is there plus these new inherent spells that use metas for free. I like it. I miss the spell power, but it looks like we faired better than many classes.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Community Member

Honestly the second core ability that reduces all non-positive casting by 50 spell power and -1 weapon damage is disappointing. Don't know why you should lose ability when you specialize, I haven't seen any other sacrifices like that.

I have built a caster/healer that gains the radiant aura ability, but does not take the core II of radiant servant, instead focusing on casting. I am testing it out right now. Healing is pretty good and so are spells, just hoping it is not too watered down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perceval
    the common denominator in all the failed attempts you have been in is YOU.
    Member of the Unrepentant guild of gamers.

Pacifism (the second Core enhancement in the radiant servant) is a toggle ability. I was upset too until I saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashkar View Post
    Pacifism (the second Core enhancement in the radiant servant) is a toggle ability. I was upset too until I saw that.
    They could add something passive to it, making it useful even with toggled off, although not game breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzorco View Post
    They could add something passive to it, making it useful even with toggled off, although not game breaking.
    I'd like to see a passive ability like a tiny bit of healing amp (5%)...or...a little boost to something you might expect a Radiant Servant to use but not be a primary healing ability. Maybe shed a little more hate? That would fit in the pacifism theme.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tashkar View Post
    Yeah I noticed that after I posted this. Silly me. Anyway, outside of that, I love the enhancement pass for the cleric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perceval
    the common denominator in all the failed attempts you have been in is YOU.
    Member of the Unrepentant guild of gamers.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

I'm happy with a lot of what they gave Clerics. I think some of the abilities still need some fine tuning, but we fared better than a lot of other classes.

My current favourites are Reactive Heal and Purge Dark Magics. Especially in Epic Elite Stormhorns... the way those Assassins can sneak up and hit a player, they're dead before I can even get a heal off (that's assuming they're in the same room and not "exploring" out of healing range). I watched a fighter go from 850HP to almost incapped, the Reactive Heal went off, and gave me just enough time to target him and fill him up. Since it's permanent until triggered, you can pop them on party members after shrining, which gives some time for your turns to regen while you take out trash.

I was iffy about PurgeDM when I first saw it, but after using it a few times in content, I was sold. It doesn't dispel friendly AoEs like Break Enchantment does, and it takes care of quite a few "maladies". Used it to un-Flesh-to-Stone one of our melees who was getting pounded in EE, and now I have a growing list of things I want to see if it will work on. Will it get rid of the Boom or the casting cooldown debuff in FoT? The only thing I can't decide is how many points to put into it. 2 tiers seems to be enough for now.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~