Community Member

Default Fav Soul enhancments suck compared to Cleric

Am I missing something?

Decided to build a lvl7 Fav Soul to take a look at enhancements. Just got done with enhancements for my lvl20 Cleric thinking Fav will have more offensive casting or melee. I am surprised and disappointed. Any rumors in the works about a fix?
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Quote Originally Posted by firemedium_jt View Post
    Am I missing something?

Decided to build a lvl7 Fav Soul to take a look at enhancements. Just got done with enhancements for my lvl20 Cleric thinking Fav will have more offensive casting or melee. I am surprised and disappointed. Any rumors in the works about a fix?
    The protection tree for both fvs and cleric is getting stripped and turned into warpriest with the first content patch to u19. Kind of sad they couldnt build a divine avenger cha-based melee tree instead of giving fvs leftover clericness. Though during chats the devs requested player input on warpriest.

But yeah... Right now cleric has two useful dc casting trees. Fvs has about 3/4s of one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Community Member

FVS gets universal spell power at 1 per 1 point. Cleric doesn't. FVS has better crits. I actually prefer the FVS tree to the cleric one. Not seeing what you see.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    FVS gets universal spell power at 1 per 1 point. Cleric doesn't. FVS has better crits. I actually prefer the FVS tree to the cleric one. Not seeing what you see.
    This. right now my archon is hitting for 80+ damage every second or so. While i'm beating things up, with better crit, better blade barrier, and better spell points. Clerics biggest advantages that I've noticed are the flame strike SLA and sun bolt. If an FVS could have ONE of these, we'd be back to being way better than clerics again. As it is, i'm planning on using my LR to dump wisdom and raise charisma for divine might, because the one in the protection tree uses spell power. But i'm waiting to see what warpriest looks like before I use my LR's on any divine toon.

Community Member

EH, the AoV tree is not bad, it could really do with a sla or two and more ranks of dc improvements but its definitely not bad. The teir 4 core is terrible though and needs to be totally redone. As everyone in beta told them.

Community Member

I have a level 25 favored Soul with 3 wizard past lives. It's a max wisdom caster. I ended up with about 20 less HP(still 687 un-buffed) and 25 or so less spell points(about 3700 but I am just at first tier of Exalted angel since I only had magister unlocked). I also ended up with much better dps and spell power is up across the board( about 240 heal power). I also went up to 85ac. Overall, I am very pleased with the new tree. Now, if only I could better my 30 heal skill without LRing...
    Characters:
    5th Life Human Paladin - Sorrowanddoo
    11th Life Sun Elf Wizard - Sorrowandei
    3rd Life Human Fighter - Sorrowandai

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    Kind of sad they couldnt build a divine avenger cha-based melee tree instead of giving fvs leftover clericness.
    What leftover clericness? I thought they gave Cleric leftover FvS-ness. How can you tell the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    But yeah... Right now cleric has two useful dc casting trees. Fvs has about 3/4s of one.
    I would say Divine Disciple is, for DC-casting, better than AoV. But AoV is a decent tree for either a DC-caster or a nuking-caster. I don't know what other Cleric tree you think is 4/3rds better than AoV for DC-casting.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    I would say Divine Disciple is, for DC-casting, better than AoV. But AoV is a decent tree for either a DC-caster or a nuking-caster. I don't know what other Cleric tree you think is 4/3rds better than AoV for DC-casting.
    I spoke badly. Both have a good tree (AoV/DD) and both have a terrible tree (protector) that I wouldn't even invest into to get the +2 stat points. Cleric has a 3rd healing tree that has enough (healing) benefits that I wouldn't mind spending points there to get the attribute bonuses. Hopefully Warpriest redo of Protector will give a usable tree to both classes.

Vengeful Magic is just a stain upon the game making you think the devs don't play.
    "Hey people I might be the person healing you in epic elite with 200-600 damage attacks flying around... but whoa... if I go down to 25% of my HP then my nuking ability goes through the... F... I'm dead... never mind."
    OR WORSE
    "No stop healing me! I'm trying to be a serious nuker right now using Vengeful Magic. Whoa did you see that mob die? Once this thing get going I'll be doing... F... I'm dead".

Please don't give us a new player subtype: The Stupid Dead Canon.
    Last edited by Gratch; 08-23-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.