Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    The issue is not that a ~30 minute quest gives 45-50k XP, the issue is that 2 previous quests the OP is using as an example, rusted blades and impossible demands, allowed us to skip 95% of the quest, kill one boss, and be done. Using these 2 quests as the standard by which all new XP should be awarded in ratio to time spent, is hilarious.
    I agree with this ^^

The new quests have also new heroic loot, I might skip Vale when my sorc gets to 18 if all of the new quests give enough xp.
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

The issue is not that a ~30 minute quest gives 45-50k XP, the issue is that 2 previous quests the OP is using as an example, rusted blades and impossible demands, allowed us to skip 95% of the quest, kill one boss, and be done. Using these 2 quests as the standard by which all new XP should be awarded in ratio to time spent, is hilarious.
    Except that these new quests have a much higher level than MOTU stuff, so the CRs of mobs across ALL difficulties are higher. The new quests on EH are as difficult as any of the Web flagging chain quests were on EE.

And yes, a 30 minute level 27 base quest should give more than 50k, especially when these new epic levels require over a million exp per level.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Horrible. Sub-par.

And gives little reason to stop farming Vale quests for XP.
    Sssshhh!

Or they'll nerf Vale instead of giving the new quests more xp!
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Yeah, it is not just the new stuff but also high road on heroic. I think I got somewhere in the 15K ballpark for rest stop on elite with bb and a pot running...

Add insult to injury it turns out only epic runs count towards the saga so no offset there either.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Hero

I agree completely. We have 10 new quests, a new Xp ransack system and ~3.6 million XP more to level. To me it seems that they set the XP low so that we have no choice to re-run the content over and over. Maybe it's their way of giving the visage of there being more content than there really. But I will be spending most of my time leveling thru Eberron quests and a few select MotU quests (that don't take 5 mins of running thru public areas and then 5 more mins running thru a wilderness to get to). I am getting pretty close to a circuit that I will run when I need to level. And none of the new quests were even considered once I had run them.

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Except that these new quests have a much higher level than MOTU stuff, so the CRs of mobs across ALL difficulties are higher. The new quests on EH are as difficult as any of the Web flagging chain quests were on EE.
    ?

Sorry but I disagree, eh is a snooze still. I've ran all of stormhorns and some of wheloon on eh now and most of stormhorns ee. Some of the ee's were tough, probably from being only the second run of them, but eh was a zero danger stomp, I think I would have to work to die in them.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    I agree completely. We have 10 new quests, a new Xp ransack system and ~3.6 million XP more to level. To me it seems that they set the XP low so that we have no choice to re-run the content over and over. Maybe it's their way of giving the visage of there being more content than there really. But I will be spending most of my time leveling thru Eberron quests and a few select MotU quests (that don't take 5 mins of running thru public areas and then 5 more mins running thru a wilderness to get to). I am getting pretty close to a circuit that I will run when I need to level. And none of the new quests were even considered once I had run them.
    Turbine sez "Keep on Grinding".
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post

And yes, a 30 minute level 27 base quest should give more than 50k, especially when these new epic levels require over a million exp per level.
    I dont think so. I have yet to get hit for the same amounts of damage an EE web mob would hit for in any of the new content on EH.

EH and EN the steam roll for XP method still applies, and its no where near 30 minutes. Wait a few weeks until the masses have these metagamed down to a science and they will be just like any other quests in the game.

Yes, I understand, the impossible demands/rusted blades addicts are going through withdrawls. Im surprised Turbine allowed the treadmill method of farming XP to last as long as it did.
    Last edited by Chai; 08-22-2013 at 01:57 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

EH and EN the steam roll for XP method still applies, and its no where near 30 minutes. Wait a few weeks until the masses have these metagamed down to a science and they will be just like any other quests in the game.

You mean once all the 'tricks' and 'shortcuts' to the quests have been disseminated from the Lam testers to the rest of the player base?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by era42 View Post
    Hi,

Quest with a ton of trash to clear, much of which is unskippable by the quest mechanics.
    Huh, did you actually pay attention to the quests you ran? Quite a bit of trash is skippable on certain quests depending how you go about it.

Why are you surprised?
    All these new packs that you have to buy have crappy xp, in the last 2 years, except motu.
    Also f2p quests have pretty good xp( lod chain), idk why are they doing it like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12