Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default changes to pre-fesitval weapon Min Level -- need a way to convert them please

Example:

+1 shock rapier of puncturing. ML:6. I added icy burst back in the day. These (I have a pair) WERE great leveling weapons for my main while accumulating past lives. Now they are ML:10.

This increase greatly devalues these weapons. At level 12 I start using GS. With 6 levels of good use they were good weapons. With only 2 levels of usefulness, these weapons are not actually valuable anymore.

Please give us a way to convert these weapons so that they go back to the original ML like the festival weapons.

Thank you.
    /sigh

You know, something I have been wondering is: IIRC the reason they could not save those ones is that they didn't have the festival tag that their code could target and then ignore. If they can have their code ignore specific things, why not random loot with three damage mutations?
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    Example:

+1 shock rapier of puncturing. ML:6. I added icy burst back in the day. These (I have a pair) WERE great leveling weapons for my main while accumulating past lives. Now they are ML:10.

This increase greatly devalues these weapons. At level 12 I start using GS. With 6 levels of good use they were good weapons. With only 2 levels of usefulness, these weapons are not actually valuable anymore.

Please give us a way to convert these weapons so that they go back to the original ML like the festival weapons.

Thank you.
    I feel your pain. I have a rapier and a dagger, both +1 Icy Burst/Keen/Pure Good that were ML4. AWESOME Twink weapons. Now they are ML 10. Not so awesome

i think we all loved our low lvl items, we can only hope that they rehit crafting (master craftsmanship II or III an possibly other things like paralyzing ect) or make very low ML items drop again. So... back to the drawing board on items for low lvls.

Quote Originally Posted by Astarii View Post
    i think we all loved our low lvl items, we can only hope that they rehit crafting (master craftsmanship II or III an possibly other things like paralyzing ect) or make very low ML items drop again. So... back to the drawing board on items for low lvls.
    Yes we love our items. Now turbine should go and fix the ones from the first festival.

This combined with my personal dislike for the enhancement pass has me very close to considering this an NGE moment.
    /sigh

I had this:

It turned into this:

So...yeah. There's that.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

I disagree. If an item has stats worth of ML 10, it should be an ML 10 item. The only exception to this should be named weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    I disagree. If an item has stats worth of ML 10, it should be an ML 10 item. The only exception to this should be named weapons.
    festival adjusted weapons were like named items.

Also, in the later Risia festivals they changed the name of the bonus. Those items did not have their levels changed.
    /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    I had this:

So...yeah. There's that.
    but hey, you got and extra d6 damage, so it makes it all okay right?

My caster hanging out at level 20 has one that was level 12 and is now 21... its been on his hotbar for many levels and now he can't equip it.

Please fix this stuff.
    /sigh

Community Member

I had this:

It turned into this:

So...yeah. There's that.
    Ditto, I hate to think of the time I spent jumping during Risia to get sufficient motes to do all the upgrades, was a serious time investment.

Community Member

And apologies for including the images - tried to edit but damn forum system won't let me!

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Had a thread on this earlier

CLICK HERE The player said he had 1200 Risia Ice Games items.

That is when Feather of Sun came in and stated that the OLD Risia Ice Games items, from the first year when we had four games in one eight months, those were the items to be affected.

If you had FESTIVAL ICY BURST those would be okey dokey.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Its not just the level increase making those specific weapons pretty much worthless, Racial Restricted along with Bane and Greater Bane weapons no longer drop as random loot. 95% of the weapons I put Icy Burst on fell in either 1 of those categories or both not to mention the Pure Good suffix adding another 2 additional levels on top of everything else. Are those weapons crucial or even needed in lowbie land, of course not. But the time and money both real (DDO Store) and virtual has been wasted at our expense, this is what ****es me off.
    Zerg of Thelanis

Nepalm - 27th life completionist ~ Mons
    ~ Pandomonium - 40th life Tripletionist™

Tyrs Paladium of Ghallanda

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

I had this:

It turned into this:

So...yeah. There's that.
    I feel your pain. Still didn't check my items though.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Example:

Thank you.
    I'm rather confused. I don't recall a single one of my Festival Icy Burst weapons being affected by the change. The ones on my level 25 Monk may have been (I'm not sure I would have noticed due to her level) but none of the lower level ones were... The only ones that were hit on my characters were things like Banishing of PG, GT of Disrupt and some low level Potency and Magnetism scepters for my lowbie Sorc...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeNoctu View Post
    I'm rather confused. I don't recall a single one of my Festival Icy Burst weapons being affected by the change. The ones on my level 25 Monk may have been (I'm not sure I would have noticed due to her level) but none of the lower level ones were... The only ones that were hit on my characters were things like Banishing of PG, GT of Disrupt and some low level Potency and Magnetism scepters for my lowbie Sorc...
    Festival Frost and Festival Icy Burst will NOT be affected.
    HOWEVER the ORIGIANAL Risa Ice games effects of 'ICY BURST' and 'FROST' added to weapons ARE affected by this change. So basicly if you were around for the FIRST games any weapons you made then are getting ML hiked up. IF you were only playing since the change to 'Festival.......' you are fine. Long term customers are getting hosed.

BUT if you were not around back then nothing to worry about!

As I said in the other thread, not normally the way to treat long term customers.......

Only the First edition batch has been affected (Icy Burst). The second and subsequent batches (Festival I cy Burst) are not affected unless it has a Pure Good suffix or was BTA in which case the level would increase by 2.
    Zerg of Thelanis

Nepalm - 27th life completionist ~ Mons
    ~ Pandomonium - 40th life Tripletionist™

Tyrs Paladium of Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    CLICK HERE The player said he had 1200 Risia Ice Games items.

That is when Feather of Sun came in and stated that the OLD Risia Ice Games items, from the first year when we had four games in one eight months, those were the items to be affected.

If you had FESTIVAL ICY BURST those would be okey dokey.
    There seem to be several threads on it. All of them seem to go like this:

1. my risia games weapons are useless.
    2. what? my festival weapons didn't change at all. What's the big deal?
    3. Ah... exactly. Risia (which was the first festival under a different name) weapons have raised MLs and the festival weapons are not.

Devs, please fix this for those of us with the original items.

Thank you.
    /sigh

There seem to be several threads on it. All of them seem to go like this:

1. my risia games weapons are useless.
    2. what? my festival weapons didn't change at all. What's the big deal?
    3. Ah... exactly. Risia (which was the first festival under a different name) weapons have raised MLs and the festival weapons are not.

Devs, please fix this for those of us with the original items.

Thank you.
    I don't think they can now... the new "Festival" ones are marked, the old ones are prob not. so, ... its just targeting old items they felt where unbalanced in the game. ie they hit the old dedicated players because.... ? i don't know, the logic eludes me.

Community Member

I had this:

It turned into this:

So...yeah. There's that.
    Matuse - there is something wonky with the item in the first place, before the change.
    There is no way that a +18 item would be ML8.
    That being said, the powers it had did not warrant a power rating of +18.
    That is why it ended up at ML27.
    An interesting item and strange outcome. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast