Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    598

    Default The Church and the Cult Broken?

    Has anyone been able to complete the level 9 quest The Church and the Cult since the expansion came out? I am in it with a party right now and even though we have been everywhere and killed everything the quest will not complete because there is still an objective to "continue searching the temple." Has anyone been able to complete this quest since Monday?
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

  2. #2
    Community Member atkbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    205

    Default

    I experienced the same issue earlier today while running it for favor. Running back through all the rooms and even exiting and re-entering did not resolve the issue.
    Attackbeast, Jahon, Serana, Johanus, Vacha, Arcee, Urkneecaps, Tanusha - Proud Officer of the Cult of Ryliegh - Khyber

  3. #3
    2014 DDO Players Council
    SirValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Korea (temporarily)
    Posts
    5,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    Has anyone been able to complete the level 9 quest The Church and the Cult since the expansion came out? I am in it with a party right now and even though we have been everywhere and killed everything the quest will not complete because there is still an objective to "continue searching the temple." Has anyone been able to complete this quest since Monday?
    Sounds like it's related to the changes to Secret Doors mechanics.

    I don't know the answer right now, but I'll to check it out later this evening.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Sounds like it's related to the changes to Secret Doors mechanics.

    I don't know the answer right now, but I'll to check it out later this evening.
    I can almost guarantee it's because of the mucking around with the secret doors.

  5. #5
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    I can almost guarantee it's because of the mucking around with the secret doors.
    What a surprise. Is it too early to say I told you so?

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Ran the quest a second time, same problem. Had a GM come in and complete it for us.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

  7. #7
    Community Member FAQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    776

    Default

    I've had the same problem, with tha same objective. Couldn't complete the quest, had to skip it. Yay for secret door changes

  8. #8
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    What a surprise. Is it too early to say I told you so?
    yes, we must wait for the official word first. than we can all say it

  9. #9
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    yes, we must wait for the official word first. than we can all say it
    How about I informed you thusly?

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    80

    Default

    I had the same problem. The second objective "Continue searching the temple" does not update, even after finding the secret door in the second room. I was able to kill the vampire at the end, and loot the chests, (even got my Silver Longbow), but the quest did not update. I recalled-out rather than waiting for a GM, but I did file a bug report.

  11. #11
    Community Manager Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    15,769

    Default

    We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    98

    Default

    don't just love when they say yes we are aware of it, but wont put it in the know issue list.
    A Player of a clonk
    funniest thing I have read in a while=>
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    we'd rather spend that development time on things most players like.

  13. #13
    Community Member Grosbeak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    7,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emtp View Post
    don't just love when they say yes we are aware of it, but wont put it in the know issue list.
    Once again, something gets added to the known issues list, when they have identified the problem and thus don't need further bug reports. If its not on the known issues list, it means they are still investigating and more bug reports are needed.

    Just because they say the are aware of a problem, doesn't mean they know what the problem is exactly.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Once again, something gets added to the known issues list, when they have identified the problem and thus don't need further bug reports. If its not on the known issues list, it means they are still investigating and more bug reports are needed.

    Just because they say the are aware of a problem, doesn't mean they know what the problem is exactly.


    This

  15. #15
    Community Manager Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    15,769

    Default

    We've temporarily closed Church and the Cult while we investigate and resolve this issue. The closure is being tracked here.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



  16. #16
    Community Member sephiroth1084's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    12,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    Has anyone been able to complete the level 9 quest The Church and the Cult since the expansion came out? I am in it with a party right now and even though we have been everywhere and killed everything the quest will not complete because there is still an objective to "continue searching the temple." Has anyone been able to complete this quest since Monday?
    I haven't been in the game since September, but at the time, there was a bug that had been irritating the hell out of me for months, which would crop up in several quests (as far as I could tell, it was not restricted to any quests in particular), where the game would fail to recognize the advancement of a quest goal, making the quest impossible to complete. I knew plenty of people that had the same issue. I bug reported it several times, got GMs to come in and try helping once, but never saw anything regarding a fix to this.

    Back then, it was things like A Small Problem not tracking all the firewood you collected, and the Wiz-King not noticing that you had opened the two beginning doors (by placing the crest into the slot after clearing out the first room). Didn't occur every time, but often enough to be incredibly frustrating. I stopped running A Small Problem because of that one.

    This sounds related to me. But who knows with Turbine's spaghetti code?
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload