Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Default Past Life(Passive) damage bonus

    Just wondering if the damage gained from passive Past Life feats(+2 to ranged from Ranger, +1 sneak attack from Rogue, etc) was just tacked on to the end or if it is added in where it would be affected by multipliers?
    ....For Within the Circle of His Sword, There Is Each Man a King....

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    Straight +dmg like the Ranger PL is added in before multipliers. Likewise, Sneak Attack (the item affix) adds +dmg on any attack that would be a sneak attack, which also is multiplied. Actual sneak attack damage (ie, sneak die or +to sneak attack dmg) isn't ever multiplied, though.

  3. #3
    Community Member kuro_zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Straight +dmg like the Ranger PL is added in before multipliers. Likewise, Sneak Attack (the item affix) adds +dmg on any attack that would be a sneak attack, which also is multiplied. Actual sneak attack damage (ie, sneak die or +to sneak attack dmg) isn't ever multiplied, though.
    Sneak attack damage, whether from classes, enhancements, or items are never multiplied.
    Officer of Disciples of the Apocalypse on Sarlona
    Himawari Life 3 - 1 FvS | Svipul Life 3 - 1 FvS | Chikaze Life 2 - 2 PAL / 2 MNK / 4 FVS
    Completionist Project: GLaDOS - Life 14 of ??: Bladeforged 'Zeus' - Started 22/02/14

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kuro_zero View Post
    Sneak attack damage, whether from classes, enhancements, or items are never multiplied.
    Sneak attack damage, no, but damage added to "any attack that would be a sneak attack" is, I think....at least, on my TWF ranger with no sneak die, I don't remember getting a separate +X flyover when Deception procs and I get the bonus damage, like you do with actual Sneak Attack damage.

  5. #5
    Community Member MalarKan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Arkham
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Sneak attack damage, no, but damage added to "any attack that would be a sneak attack" is, I think....at least, on my TWF ranger with no sneak die, I don't remember getting a separate +X flyover when Deception procs and I get the bonus damage, like you do with actual Sneak Attack damage.



    Either im getting that +3 from some enhancements i dont know of, or its from rogue past lives and aparently that +1 to any attack that would be considered as a sneak attack only benefits when you have at least 1d6 of sneak attack damage? .... strange, probably should test that without having any rogue level, like a fighter using tharne's goggles, to see if it ends up as a +9 SA dmg...
    Cisko from Argonessen: Prodigious Lord of Shadows, Master Locksmith and Deadly Firedancer
    (6th pure rogue life and counting)
    Long LiveR.O.G.U.E.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MalarKan View Post
    Either im getting that +3 from some enhancements i dont know of, or its from rogue past lives and aparently that +1 to any attack that would be considered as a sneak attack only benefits when you have at least 1d6 of sneak attack damage? .... strange, probably should test that without having any rogue level, like a fighter using tharne's goggles, to see if it ends up as a +9 SA dmg...
    You have 3 Rogue PLs? That'd be the +3 then, yes...Rogue PL adds +1 to (actual) Sneak Attacks, according to the description. That's different than +1 to any attack that would be considered a Sneak Attack (ATWBCASA).

    Like I said before, the +X to ATWBCASA applies to any attack made on a helpless, unaggroed/unaware, or Bluffed opponent, even if you have zero sneak die - at least AFAIK, having played it on a Tempest with Backstabber's Gloves and Ring of the Stalker, before DWS gave rangers sneak die.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload