Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default 50K to Reset all Enhancemnts - Too Much?

Tidal says it all. I have a level 25 Bard/Ftr/Bbn and it would cost me 50K to reset all my enhancements.

Now, as a long time player that's not really a big deal, but to a casual player that is quite extreme.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Is the high cost is to try and force people to use the ddo store ......

A large part of the fun in ddo is the ability to change your character to suit different needs, this cost will prevent that for sure.

Founder

Wow, that's insane!

It costs more depending on level and on how often you have reset them. On Lammania after resetting around 10x, I was spending somewhere over 300k each time.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    It costs more depending on level and on how often you have reset them. On Lammania after resetting around 10x, I was spending somewhere over 300k each time.
    It also has a ransack timer that decreases with time.

That does seem high for a max level toon. I only had to reset on a level 14, and it cost 5k the first time and 10k the second time. Much more feasible. Honestly, I like this system better than what we had with the wait three days. If it is that high on the top end, perhaps numbers should be looked at, but I had no complaints about prices at the lower levels.

Community Member

as a level 8 monk, it cost me 200 pp to reset a tree with ten points spent in it, so i'm pretty sure the costs scale with level.

Community Member

Default How long does it take for the cost to drop down to "normal"?

Is it three days?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadHiggins View Post
    as a level 8 monk, it cost me 200 pp to reset a tree with ten points spent in it, so i'm pretty sure the costs scale with level.
    Yep, sorta

I think each tier has a value associated with it. The more AP you have in tier V the higher the cost. I am not sure

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    It also has a ransack timer that decreases with time.

That does seem high for a max level toon. I only had to reset on a level 14, and it cost 5k the first time and 10k the second time. Much more feasible. Honestly, I like this system better than what we had with the wait three days. If it is that high on the top end, perhaps numbers should be looked at, but I had no complaints about prices at the lower levels.
    True on the timer. I had referenced that, but clearly not directly enough. I should note that it started much lower and reached the hundreds of thousands of plat level only after I had reset and reset and reset and ....

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

50k isnt all that expensive for a l25 Toon IMO.

What IS a crime is charging that right now with so many people learning the system and with so many bugs forcing people to respec multiple times...

once we understand the system better and the bugs are squashed, 50 will be no big deal.

RIght now. 50k(or more) is just stupid.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Is the 50k via the "reset all" button or individually resetting trees? Because I've found that the "reset all" button acts as if you have points in every tree, and is more expensive than the sum of resetting each tree that you actually have points in.

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    50k isnt all that expensive for a l25 Toon IMO.

What IS a crime is charging that right now with so many people learning the system and with so many bugs forcing people to respec multiple times...

once we understand the system better and the bugs are squashed, 50 will be no big deal.

RIght now. 50k(or more) is just stupid.
    I agree with this, give some time to adjust, Turbine pls.
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    Is the 50k via the "reset all" button or individually resetting trees? Because I've found that the "reset all" button acts as if you have points in every tree, and is more expensive than the sum of resetting each tree that you actually have points in.
    Via Reset All. You are correct that if you only want to reset one tree, it is cheaper. However, resetting one tree does increment the cost for Reset All, as well.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Yep. Cost me 100K last night just to reset two characters. Worst part was that I had to reset them due to a bug.

Doesn't matter if it's due to a bug or player choice, 50k is way too much for a first time reset.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

The cost to reset does scale with level, and with how many times you've already reset in the past few days. This is a replacement for the U18 system where you simply weren't allowed to reset within three days. The cost goes back down over time.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The cost to reset does scale with level, and with how many times you've already reset in the past few days. This is a replacement for the U18 system where you simply weren't allowed to reset within three days. The cost goes back down over time.
    It would be nice if you could actually reset individual trees with plat. It just won't let me. I get the yes/no window up and it never goes away unless I hit no. (shintao monk, pure monk human.)

Also, why the frack did ED resets go up in price as well??? It should have been 20k or so for me to redo an ED. No, it was 80k just like redoing my enhancements was about 80k.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    Via Reset All. You are correct that if you only want to reset one tree, it is cheaper. However, resetting one tree does increment the cost for Reset All, as well.
    I didn't say 1 tree cost less than the Reset all button, I said that resetting EACH tree individually is cheaper than the reset all button. Your mileage may vary based on your enhancement spread I'm sure, but I noticed on a couple of my characters last night that the cost of resetting the 3 or so trees I had all my points in was, combined, less than the cost of the reset all button.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

And should of been put on Pause/1pp cost for this release.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Lucky you, I have to pay 328k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    It would be nice if you could actually reset individual trees with plat. It just won't let me. I get the yes/no window up and it never goes away unless I hit no. (shintao monk, pure monk human.)

Also, why the frack did ED resets go up in price as well??? It should have been 20k or so for me to redo an ED. No, it was 80k just like redoing my enhancements was about 80k.
    I had this problem as well, although it was because of unspent pts in other trees. I had to close the enhancement panel and reopen so that the changes werent saved and then it let me reset them.

Community Member

Thank you for taking the time to respond. As you can read in this, and other threads would it be fair to reconsider the pricing of the reset for a little while, similar to what was done with the Epic Destinies when they first came out?

Respectfully
    Fejj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast