Community Member WilliamBraveheart's Avatar

Default Premium Iconics for favor

this may already have been asked but my search foo is weak.
    Is it possible to unlock premium Iconics for favor or will it be with update 20?
    And if so what are the favor requirements?

Lookin for sumthin to kill!!

Community Member WilliamBraveheart's Avatar

Default bump

bump

Lookin for sumthin to kill!!

Get me a Nuway and a rootbeer float and I will see if I can find out for ya

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBraveheart View Post
    this may already have been asked but my search foo is weak.
    Is it possible to unlock premium Iconics for favor or will it be with update 20?
    And if so what are the favor requirements?
    I've never seen anything from any dev, nor any forum talk, to give me the impression that Iconics will ever be earnable in-game...what makes you so sure they will be?

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I've never seen anything from any dev, nor any forum talk, to give me the impression that Iconics will ever be earnable in-game...what makes you so sure they will be?
    If he was sure he wouldn't be asking "Is it possible...?"

I don't believe it is possible now, however I don't see why it wouldn't be possible sometime in the future.

Actually I dont think you will be able to get them directly with favor but you will be able to use TP which you can gain slowly through favor.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Seems more likely they will be offered for sale individually, like other races/classes.

Community Member

considering they dont have the 500favor reward for PDK, I wouldnt be surprised if they put the iconic there. cant picture what else they'd put there

unless its more tiers of the items like Only need 1 item for the planar confluc/eveningstar sets to work as a set. xD that'd be nice...

Community Member

While we are asking about iconics, I noticed that the complete edition of the expansion for 5000 tp said it included the 3 new iconics but not the bladeforged. Where is the bladeforged? Is there anyway to get it now? I can't believe that they would go to the trouble to make a new race/class and not even bother selling it anymore.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    While we are asking about iconics, I noticed that the complete edition of the expansion for 5000 tp said it included the 3 new iconics but not the bladeforged. Where is the bladeforged? Is there anyway to get it now? I can't believe that they would go to the trouble to make a new race/class and not even bother selling it anymore.
    it was a preorder bonus for the expansion. No preorder, no bladeforged.

Community Member

Default PDK-iconic for 500 PDK-favor reward - not a bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    considering they dont have the 500favor reward for PDK, I wouldnt be surprised if they put the iconic there. cant picture what else they'd put there

unless its more tiers of the items like Only need 1 item for the planar confluc/eveningstar sets to work as a set. xD that'd be nice...
    That feels like a good idea actually Violith! Only I am not sure you can actually get to 500 PDK favor without buying the Xpack (where the DPK is already included) ...

Community Member

Default Bladeforged not buyable right now

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    Actually I think it was meant as a bit of a teaser so people could actually see what they meant with an Iconic. And now its a perk people can enjoy for having pre-ordered the Xpack.

But I am sure they will put it in the DDO store in the future to buy either in an Iconic pack (like Helf and Horc halfblood thing) or for TP too, but it might take a while

Taking money for a class/race combination (admittedly with some extra bling-bling) which you (most likely) already own is questionable.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nascoe View Post
    That feels like a good idea actually Violith! Only I am not sure you can actually get to 500 PDK favor without buying the Xpack (where the DPK is already included) ...
    Hmm, true. although I doubt they'll sell it bundled in the store. so for anyone who didnt order it and doesnt wanna buy it (think its 1295pts per iconic), then the new chains be a good thing for them to invest in. but, for those who already have it, it'd be nice if they included an alternative prize like +4 stat/skill tomes of choice or something along that line.