Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

Default Song of Capering cast time. BUG or WAI?

bug report already submitted just in case...but...

one of my stable of bards went full spellsinger (which i'm absolutely loving due to the infusion of virtuoso elements) i'd played Virt before, so i happily picked up song of capering and went along on my merry way...got into a Shroud run... tried to caper something... and nothing happened. (or so it seemed)... tried again... same thing. let it sit for the rest of the run, then went out into the vale to test it...

it took forever to "cast" it. song of capering used to be nearly instant, now it's a full song length and doesn't trigger till the very end. in it's current state it's useless. i'll wait and keep it in my list till i (hopefully) hear if it's intended or not... if it is intended... i'll be dropping it. it WAS an extremely useful tool to be able to "otto's irresistible" a dangerous mob from clear across the room at a moment's notice... now in it's current state it's worthless... especially as a tier 5 ability.

everything else in the bard trees i'm very happy with. thanks for the hard work ^_^

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

2015 DDO Players Council

any news on this?

I'm hoping very much it's a bug - but can't say I'm too hopeful it'll pan out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    bug report already submitted just in case...but...

one of my stable of bards went full spellsinger (which i'm absolutely loving due to the infusion of virtuoso elements) i'd played Virt before, so i happily picked up song of capering and went along on my merry way...got into a Shroud run... tried to caper something... and nothing happened. (or so it seemed)... tried again... same thing. let it sit for the rest of the run, then went out into the vale to test it...

it took forever to "cast" it. song of capering used to be nearly instant, now it's a full song length and doesn't trigger till the very end. in it's current state it's useless. i'll wait and keep it in my list till i (hopefully) hear if it's intended or not... if it is intended... i'll be dropping it. it WAS an extremely useful tool to be able to "otto's irresistible" a dangerous mob from clear across the room at a moment's notice... now in it's current state it's worthless... especially as a tier 5 ability.

everything else in the bard trees i'm very happy with. thanks for the hard work ^_^
    I hope it is a bug. It's completely useless as it is.

Even flicker? For the life of me, I'm just not getting it. 2 seconds? lol And for an additional AP expenditure, I can inflict it on someone else...

2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    I hope it is a bug. It's completely useless as it is.
    indeed

Even flicker? For the life of me, I'm just not getting it. 2 seconds? lol And for an additional AP expenditure, I can inflict it on someone else...
    yup. even flicker. it's just like the invis on a mabar cloak. every second the mob can't see me, is another second a mob may miss hitting me, and less damage i take. less damage i take, the longer i live, the happier i am. rawr.

indeed

yup. even flicker. it's just like the invis on a mabar cloak. every second the mob can't see me, is another second a mob may miss hitting me, and less damage i take. less damage i take, the longer i live, the happier i am. rawr.
    The difference is that the mabar cloak invis lasts 10 seconds.

There have been a few times that effect has been a life saver as it has allowed me to remove myself from a bad situation. As in, give me time to run, cast a heal, maybe perform a tactical manuever to disable my opponent... By the time I notice flicker kicking in and react, it's already over.

2 seconds is pretty pointless. Yeah, I get that it might mitigate a small amount of damage in any given fight, but it's really not much. A 5% proc for 2 seconds is barely even noticeable. I wouldn't notice it if it wasn't for the little icon popping up on the screen when it procs. I'd rather spend the AP on something else that would be more useful.

Most of the other stuff in the SS tree is pretty useful, even if it's situational. The enhancements have really woken the bard up. I'm even toying with a bard/rogue staff wielder. Or even crossbows. The possibilities have really opened up.
    Last edited by AzB; 08-27-2013 at 01:18 AM.

2015 DDO Players Council

The difference is that the mabar cloak invis lasts 10 seconds.

There have been a few times that effect has been a life saver as it has allowed me to remove myself from a bad situation. As in, give me time to run, cast a heal, maybe perform a tactical manuever to disable my opponent... By the time I notice flicker kicking in and react, it's already over.

2 seconds is pretty pointless. Yeah, I get that it might mitigate a small amount of damage in any given fight, but it's really not much. A 5% proc for 2 seconds is barely even noticeable. I wouldn't notice it if it wasn't for the little icon popping up on the screen when it procs. I'd rather spend the AP on something else that would be more useful.

Most of the other stuff in the SS tree is pretty useful, even if it's situational. The enhancements have really woken the bard up. I'm even toying with a bard/rogue staff wielder. Or even crossbows. The possibilities have really opened up.
    2 seconds, 4 seconds, or (i'm assuming) 6 seconds (i havn't put full points into it yet)

2015 DDO Players Council

still hoping for acknowledgement of this issue.

still hoping for acknowledgement of this issue.

I am also hoping to some info on this.
    "Player testers have done an excelent job and I really do appreciate the testing done by the players that report the issues which then get ignored ......."

Remember the guidance we got before - it is a qualitative bug - report it as such.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Remember the guidance we got before - it is a qualitative bug - report it as such.

i've bug reported it... but in the past i've also posted bugs on the forums for visibility. otherwise sometimes bugs languish in obscurity for months and years. if i have to ask about it every once in a while, but it gets noticed and either answered or fixed, it's worth it

one thing about song of capering is now it doesn't brake even when hitting the mob. Previously song of capering would brake (sometimes) on damage. So that's a boost.

So its basically a 6 second cast time, irresistible 90 second mob lock down. I stay their is still uses for this.

2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    one thing about song of capering is now it doesn't brake even when hitting the mob. Previously song of capering would brake (sometimes) on damage. So that's a boost.

So its basically a 6 second cast time, irresistible 90 second mob lock down. I stay their is still uses for this.

i don't remember song of capering ever breaking early. but it also didn't used to last 90 seconds. it was short, just like otto's irresistible dance.

i'd rather have the former than the latter.

Community Member

i don't remember song of capering ever breaking early. but it also didn't used to last 90 seconds. it was short, just like otto's irresistible dance.

i'd rather have the former than the latter.
    I agree. I never had it break due to smacking them and before u19 my bard's dps was terrible (and that's being nice! She's better now, thank you). It should be both an instant cast time and still last 90 seconds, in my opinion.
    Sarlona: Acaat || Ahchuykak || Anaiadeia || Atlacoya || Camalos || Coyopa || Gwylelwiel || Imahidden || Kisin || Pukuh || Temporarily

2015 DDO Players Council

still hoping for some acknowledgement of this.

still hoping for some acknowledgement of this.
    Same I bug reported it....but lets face it devs go MIA when an update pops up. Think they are embarrassed by the shear volume of bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I ran Where there is Smoke ELITE on a level 4, first life 28 hit point rogue, never TRd, no guild buffs, using a hireling cleric. One shotted two times at the first dog area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Main toons on G-land: IronMunter, Iamhal, Mehhh, Dahh

Community Member

I've never had Song of Capering work on a mob. I've ever only used it on a single target. I've only used it once since this update, and it just takes too long ...

I, too, and waiting for this to be fixed ... waiting for the additional songs on the Spellsinger tree to work.

Also am wondering why Inspire Courage keeps disappearing off my hotbar.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kryscendo View Post
    Also am wondering why Inspire Courage keeps disappearing off my hotbar.
    If you switch your ED to Fatesinger the bard version of Inspire Courage is replaced with a Fatesinger one. Or vice versa.

2015 DDO Players Council

poking this thread again. still hoping for an answer or acknowledgement of some sort.

poking this thread again. still hoping for an answer or acknowledgement of some sort.
    Just tried capering last night,a huge disappointment. Wasn't doing this before. Pretty much useless unless soloing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast