Default Dex for Damage - Working as Intended?

I bug reported this, but I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, etc.

With the enhancement changes, I worked out getting the use dexterity for damage with weapon finesse, etc.

Using my dexterity, I should be getting a +18 to damage (using handwraps btw). Graphically, it shows as a +7 instead. Turning on Power Attack raises the +7 to +12 (as expected).

I'm definitely doing substantially more damage (from whacking the training dummy), but I'm not willing to undertake a statistical analysis of "dummy whacks" to see if I'm getting the +18 (plus and additional 5 from PA), or if I'm actually getting the "reduced" graphical number.

Anyone else seeing this, or figured out if it is just a graphical error?

Thanks in advance!

Which ench did you take for dex to damage ?
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TFPAQ View Post
    Using my dexterity, I should be getting a +18 to damage (using handwraps btw).
    I don't know of anything that is allowing Dex-to-Damage with Handwraps right now. Some things SEEM like they should from their description, like Improved Weapon Finesse from Deepwood Stalker...but they're not.

Default Rogue Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    Which ench did you take for dex to damage ?
    I picked up the Rogue/Assassin ones.

Default Rogue/Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by rimble View Post
    I don't know of anything that is allowing Dex-to-Damage with Handwraps right now. Some things SEEM like they should from their description, like Improved Weapon Finesse from Deepwood Stalker...but they're not.
    Definitely works with the Rogue/Assassin. Substantial increase in damage on the training dummy - I just don't know if the "wrong" graphical number is being applied, or if the "right" amount is being applied with just the graphical representation being "wrong".

Ninja monk will let you use dex to damage with piercing and slashing if you are centered (which is the shiznizzle for a kensai muahah).

Quote Originally Posted by TFPAQ View Post
    I picked up the Rogue/Assassin ones.
    The cores ?
    Only apply to daggers and kukris, and weapons that already have dex to to-hit inherently. Wraps aren't in either case, I think. They aren't considered as "weapons" for a lot of things.

Generally, if something doesn't explicitely mentions it works with wraps... Always assume it doesn't.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Default It Works - But are the Numbers Correct

FYI,

if you have the weapon finesse feat, it works. I'm just trying to determine if the "amount" is correct for what it should be versus what shows up when you look at your weapon description, etc.

I guess I'll spend some time smacking the dummy around tonight and run the stats.

Thanks for everyone's replies!