Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thumbs down

I have to disagree. changing slaying arrows from an embuement to a 20 sp 20 second cooldown 250 damage attack was a mistake. i see a lack of damage compared to what i was getting before the EP.

Quote Originally Posted by meckmaster View Post
    I have to disagree. changing slaying arrows from an embuement to a 20 sp 20 second cooldown 250 damage attack was a mistake. i see a lack of damage compared to what i was getting before the EP.
    You might be doing it wrong.
    Keep playing with it. Look how others are using it.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

At first. I was so mad, I was speechless.
    Then as I kept messing with it, I noticed how huge the crits were.
    With manyshot active, you can crit up to four times in one volley. That's potentially 1000's of points of damage in one shot.

Just keep experimenting with it. You'll find a combo that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    At first. I was so mad, I was speechless.
    Then as I kept messing with it, I noticed how huge the crits were.
    With manyshot active, you can crit up to four times in one volley. That's potentially 1000's of points of damage in one shot.

Just keep experimenting with it. You'll find a combo that works.
    That 250 damage is multiplied on a crit, so clicking arrow of slaying during a manyshot and then having all four crit is more like 4000+ damage in one shot... though more than one arrow. (I have seen those numbers at level 17... when I'm epic I hope to see much higher)
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post

With manyshot active, you can crit up to four times in one volley.
    I would rather have the guarantee of 500+ damage per arrow per crit from the embuement than taking a chance i'll get a crit when i click arrow of slaying

I would rather have the guarantee of 500+ damage per arrow per crit from the embuement than taking a chance i'll get a crit when i click arrow of slaying
    Slaying arrows on demand is better than slaying arrows imbued with 500 damage on a critical, don't you agree?

My AA loves the new slaying arrows and it stacks with the primary and secondary imbues; and stacks with many shot and 10K stars.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Community Member

Just tinker with it.
    You may just change your mind.
    I know I did.
    I think the average dps is MUCH MUCH higher now.
    It's almost OP'd.

i've tried it and i'm very dissapointed with it, and i can guarantee i won't change my mind about it. i'll either be using the +20 LR on my AAs or just using them for bank toons, haven't decided which yet

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

The 500 damage was never on a critical, it was on a vorpal
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    Slaying arrows on demand is better than slaying arrows imbued with 500 damage on a critical, don't you agree?

My AA loves the new slaying arrows and it stacks with the primary and secondary imbues; and stacks with many shot and 10K stars.

^this.

I'm still getting used to it. Timing is everything now. But once perfected. Watch the hell out.
    AA's with a DS splash are coming soon to a dungeon near you!

Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oeuf View Post
    I used to conjure +5 arrows with my Arcane Archer, now only +1. Slayer used to be an imbuement
    now it's 1 arrow every 10 seconds, not to mention slayer went from 500 hp damage on a crit down
    to 250.
    You used to spend 5 points to get +5 arrows.

Also the +1 arrows are better than that . conjure your plus 1 arrows , equip a bow and then look at it. You wil lsee that teh arrows are higher level as you go up levels. it still doesn't matter really becasue the bow bonus is generally better than the arrows anyway.

Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    The Detoggle issue isn't effecting everyone. I turned it on last night and it never went away.
    I have found the following. if u imbue the arrow and immediately log out and log back in it seems to keep it fixed and working.

I found switching to a non bow weapon (specifically a greensteel sword) caused the constant debuffing to start up. So just one weapon seems to help?

I currently hate it . . . but I'm going to give it a month to see if I still do as it might just be something I need to get used to. My AA is/never was/never will be 100% pew-pew.

Quote Originally Posted by RapkintheRanger View Post
    I have found the following. if u imbue the arrow and immediately log out and log back in it seems to keep it fixed and working.

I found switching to a non bow weapon (specifically a greensteel sword) caused the constant debuffing to start up. So just one weapon seems to help?
    Here was my personal experience:
    Have bow a equipped and paralysis imbue active
    switch to scroll-imbue disappears
    after casting scroll go to different bow-imbue returns (and works, so not just a visual return)

Like I said, it just isn't effecting everyone... or maybe it was that I switched to a scroll and you switched to a weapon. At work at the moment so I can't test it immediately. I have no doubt it is effecting lots of people, but I figure if they know weather or not it is a universal bug or not might help them narrow it down.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Thumbs down

Don't like it. Run out of SP real fast now.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HernandoCortez View Post
    Get the moonbow enhancement. It helps.
    I didn't have it before yesterday, and I'm glad I re-tweaked it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    Here was my personal experience:
    Have bow a equipped and paralysis imbue active
    switch to scroll-imbue disappears
    after casting scroll go to different bow-imbue returns (and works, so not just a visual return)

Like I said, it just isn't effecting everyone... or maybe it was that I switched to a scroll and you switched to a weapon. At work at the moment so I can't test it immediately. I have no doubt it is effecting lots of people, but I figure if they know weather or not it is a universal bug or not might help them narrow it down.
    What I've been experiencing is a slight lag when I switch from imbue to another.
    When I switch from acid to, say, cold, it will take about a minute to fully switch over.
    And I will have both imbues going briefly, but not with the secondary attribute from the elemental enhancement thingy.

It hasn't proven to be a problem yet, just...interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by HernandoCortez View Post
    That's part of the issue and moonbow is too annoying to use.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    That's part of the issue and moonbow is too annoying to use.
    But....but...Moonbow is a passive enhancement, isn't it?

Community Member

After many hours of meticulous testing I narrowed the imbue issue down to the capstone enhancement of AA tree. Master Imbuement. It says specifically that it allows a previous imbue to linger for 30secs and then it gets removed. However if I go from one elemental to another elemental imbue sometimes it takes off both, one after 30 secs and the second after another 20+ seconds. I have not had the issue whatsover after using paralyzing, terror, or force arrows. However, its very important to note that you CANNOT use paralyzing with an elemental imbue, or force with an elemental imbue, etc. The paralyzing, terror, force, and elements are all considered Primary Imbues, and you can only have 1 primary imbue and 1 secondary imbue (alignment, morphic, shadow, metalline) simultaneously except for that 30 second linger that you get from the capstone when you change imbues purposefully.

So its a bug if you imbue your arrows with paralyzing then idk acid and after a minute they both get removed from you.

It is NOT a bug if you imbue your arrows with paralyzing then acid and after 30 seconds paralyzing is removed. Because you have chosen to replace paralyzing with acid as your primary imbue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast