Default Bug? User Error?

So I did the whole TR thing making a character a pure rogue. Went in to follow primarily the assassin line and took the enhancements up to the top tier and took all of them. Then filled in the last points with racial tree and some from acrobat tree (oh how I wish I had the right character set up to mix rogue and monk to start swinging the big f'ing stick).

I accepted the distribution of points and closed down the enhancement screen. (sidebar: is there an "x" to close button on that screen? I didn't see one and had to select it from the main menu again to close it.) Went to my character sheet to distribute my clickable skills on my hotbars and Assassinate wasn't there. Went back into enhancements, and here dear readers is where it went askew, and the enhancements had redistributed the points for me. Including removing all the top tier enhancements and putting them elsewhere.

Please advise, dear readers, as I spent several thousand plat to re-set and had it happen all over again.
    Thelanis: Rogosh, Dhragkar, Dhrakian, Meridion, Maherellen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogosh View Post
    So I did the whole TR thing making a character a pure rogue. Went in to follow primarily the assassin line and took the enhancements up to the top tier and took all of them. Then filled in the last points with racial tree and some from acrobat tree (oh how I wish I had the right character set up to mix rogue and monk to start swinging the big f'ing stick).

I accepted the distribution of points and closed down the enhancement screen. (sidebar: is there an "x" to close button on that screen? I didn't see one and had to select it from the main menu again to close it.) Went to my character sheet to distribute my clickable skills on my hotbars and Assassinate wasn't there. Went back into enhancements, and here dear readers is where it went askew, and the enhancements had redistributed the points for me. Including removing all the top tier enhancements and putting them elsewhere.

Please advise, dear readers, as I spent several thousand plat to re-set and had it happen all over again.
    I have had this happen as well..
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    I have had this happen as well..
    Ive used esc, and havent had any trouble.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

If you select tier 5 (top tier) abilities in any particular tree and then spend points in another tree, the tier 5 abilities (sometimes the highest tier that is selected and not just tier 5) will not be trained when hitting accept. It is a bug.

My current work around for this bug is to set my tree, and then accept, then set some more. So far, I haven't had it choose other enhancements for me, but I have had to start over as it either reset them all, or reset some of them. Also, you can close the screen with the Esc key, but adding a close button wouldn't be bad, as would making the window size customizable a bit.

I've had this happen a coupe times also...what I've found is that when you complete laying all your points out and then hit accept....then uyou magically have more points to distribute..it doesnt mean that you magically have more points, it means that it pulled them from a tier 5 tree.

Totally sucks and has cost me reset tree money couple of times (becuase im hard headed).

IMO they should have disable the cost to reset tree's during this period.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    I've had this happen a coupe times also...what I've found is that when you complete laying all your points out and then hit accept....then uyou magically have more points to distribute..it doesnt mean that you magically have more points, it means that it pulled them from a tier 5 tree.

Totally sucks and has cost me reset tree money couple of times (becuase im hard headed).

It should not require a reset. It just clears abilities that you had selected when clicking accept. You should be able to reopen, select those abilities again and click accept again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimah View Post
    This.

Its only fair after forced chamges to the system of this manitude that they allow people to get used to the game again without having to pay the regular in game fee to do so.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Read by a community dude. I'll look into this today and bug it if it hasn't been bugged.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Read by a community dude. I'll look into this today and bug it if it hasn't been bugged.
    probably not what you mean, but it sounds like it has been bugged quite well
    if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    if life gives you pickles, well you're screwed. because pickleade sucks.

Community Member

did you really just call yourself a "dude"?

Hipsters abound I guess....

and add my name to the list of people saying the cost to redo enhancements should be dropped to 1pp for the next month or so while the player base toys with the new system.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

If this hasn't been bug reported on lamania, something is very wrong. Since it was "working" exactly the same there.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by phinius View Post
    It should not require a reset. It just clears abilities that you had selected when clicking accept. You should be able to reopen, select those abilities again and click accept again.
    Nah what requires a reset is when you take those extra points that magically appeared and put them in other trees thinking you had completed the tree you went to t5 with. I'd have to reset the tree's that I dumped the extra points into so I could get them back and put the points back on the T5 tree.

Community Member

Default A possible fix, worked for me

I spent the points in one tree clicked accept then the next tree clicked accept. Points are spent where I put them, and yes I did have to spend resetting to figure it out. I was not in the assassin tree at all, but in thief acrobat and racial when same happened.
    Borget and many others on Ghallanda

Default A dev?

A dev has touched my thread?!?!?!

I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl. My heart's all aflutter. I feel like I just met Elvis.
    Thelanis: Rogosh, Dhragkar, Dhrakian, Meridion, Maherellen.

Founder

How many people predicted that the Enhancement tool would be bugged? And yet Turbine decided to implement not only charging plat / AS for resets, but implemented the scaling as well. I can understand how a group might not think of everything, but when your customers are also predicting these things you no longer have an excuse...

I was having trouble taking crown of summer on my lv12 druid yesterday, similar to this. I managed on my 3rd try to work around it by taking everything except crown of summer, hitting accept, then taking crown of summer, hitting accept, watching my 2 points magically reappear, closing the window and reopening to take crown of summer again (it looks like you had taken it until you close and reopen) and then it finally worked.

I've also seen this, and I *think* it's related (perhaps among other things) to deselecting certain enhancements giving back a different number of AP as it took to select them. I'm pretty sure I saw this with the dwarven core racial enhancements last night - one of them cost 2AP, but gave back 3 IIRC... or perhaps it just reduced the "AP spent in tree" counter by three, I'm not sure.

Also, as well as the behaviour already described in the thread, I've seen it that if you go selecting in a blank tree, and eventually manually deselect everything from the top down, you can get to a point where you can't deselect any more due to a (mis-counted) AP-spent prerequsite error!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    I've also seen this, and I *think* it's related (perhaps among other things) to deselecting certain enhancements giving back a different number of AP as it took to select them.
    While this may be happening to you, it is not what is happening to me. I select what I want, without deselecting anything, and it still doesn't stick.
    It's definitely an N-word.

I will chime in here and note that the Radiant Servant enhancement tree is doing the same thing. It might be connected to the Divine Disciple enhancement tree since the bug only happens when I try to select enhancements from both (I have two capped clerics, one I selected primarily Divine Disciple with a splash in Radiant Servant, and a second I selected primarily Radiant Servant with a splash in the human racial tree and no Divine Disciple). I had to respec THREE times, which cost about 150k to finally get things right. I suggest to everyone for now to take only one enhancement at a time before clicking accept.

Tip/Work-Around: To experiment with different builds just to see what you can afford, spend all your points but DO NOT CLICK ACCEPT. After you have experimented, click CANCEL, and your points will be reset without having spent them. Once you have figured out what you want, make CAREFUL NOTE of what you wanted (and I can't emphasize the "careful" enough; as I missed a single key enhancement in the Arcane Archer tree on my archer toon and was forced to respec on that toon as well), then go back and level up one enhancement at a time, clicking "accept" each time after each enhancement is spent.