Default The astral shards display covers network icon, network icon is unmovable/unviewable

I happen to have a UI Layout where the network icon (square green connectivity icon) is in the lower right corner.... right where they decided to put the new astral shard B.S. display.

Major Bug: the network icon is BEHIND the astral shard display, so I can no longer see it NOR can I click on it with my mouse to drag/move it to a new location.

Please fix.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

hardly qualifies as a major bug...
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default inconvenience bug for quite possibly one player

Can you play the game? Yes.

Can you still determine if you have lost connection? Yes, your character quits moving.

Showstopper? No.

Sorry you are affected. Can't you reset so everything goes back to default positions? A pain it will be, but I think you can.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

You can edit the layout file directly to move the network display to somewhere you can grab and drag it. The middle of the screen would be x=0.5 y=0.5. It's in the ui directory of the "screenshots" directory.

Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    hardly qualifies as a major bug...
    Agree but it bugs me in a major way to have a buy astral shard/astral shard counter where i like to have my action bars...

That would not bug me much, but, every time you unlock your bars for any reason the shard counter pops over your bars and so you have to keep burying the thing manually.

And since it is sooooo NOT necessary it bugs me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frotz View Post
    You can edit the layout file directly to move the network display to somewhere you can grab and drag it. The middle of the screen would be x=0.5 y=0.5. It's in the ui directory of the "screenshots" directory.
    Thanks for the tip, I will try once I get home.

Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

So i buried the shard counter under my hot bars (like most people).

After walking up to "breakign the ranks" after clearing all the trash their is just me my hire and the final boss. My hire is having some trouble so NP ill just slam a healing cocoon on him. BUT NO. for some reason the counter has popped to the top again. No idea when that happened. but look what it covers: my hot bar with Healing cocoon on it. i try to click it anyway... i get an advertisement for astral shards. I click NO and my hire dies.

Ah well, ill just kite around he only has maybe 9 K HP left.... and u know how this ends.... Kiting Spellcasters isn't as easy as other mobs and i get him down to 700 HP (a couple more arrows and he is all mine!)

But no. I Die.

(honestly there is an astral shard count in your inventory.... why put an advertisement for shards on the screen)

it is an unnecessary redundant mandatory feature that really irritates me. Dear Devs. please give option to hide it.... or just make it go away.

Quote Originally Posted by RapkintheRanger View Post
    it is an unnecessary redundant mandatory feature that really irritates me. Dear Devs. please give option to hide it.... or just make it go away.
    Heck I would be happy if it just took up the end corner of the buff bar. Sure I see one less buff but at least the damned thing isn't in the way of things I might actually want to click on.

I noticed that it periodically pops up to the top again as well ... What the Heck!
    Last edited by SiliconScout; 08-21-2013 at 02:21 PM.