Community Member

Default New Enhancements, does Sneak Attack stack between class trees?

Has anyone experimented with using Sneak attack enhancements from different class trees at the same time? I know that SA dice from other sources stack (Feats, Gear, E.D.s).

Niwareka is currently 12 Ranger / 7 Rogue / 1 Fighter, and I'm planning the post enhancement make-over. If Sneak Attack dice from Deepwood, Assassin and Ninja stack, I could get 9 or 10 SA dice and still go for Tier 5 in Tempest. It just seems a little too good to be true!

Any knowledgeable replies gratefully received.
    www.LegendsGuild.eu - on Thelanis
    Brunhildha (Stroppy healer); Niwareka (Sneaky Ranger); Hiacynthe (Happy Monk); Juss (Hitty Healer); Sharkee (Dirty old Shenanigan); Kawariki (Confused drow wizzy)

I was wondering about the same thing. I was also wondering if the Critical Accuracy/Critical Damage enhancements from Tempest and Assassin would stack? Or any of the + skill(x) enhancements for that matter.
    ....For Within the Circle of His Sword, There Is Each Man a King....

My main is currently 12 ranger/4 rogue/1 fighter. I took as much sneak attack as i could get with my current ap, and it sure seems to stack. Lots more sneak damage than he was getting before.

I too, was planning on going with the 12/7/1 split. But now i'm thinking i will end up 15/4/1. The ap costs are more of an issue than the level splits.

Community Member

Default Duuuuh it's on the Character sheet

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    My main is currently 12 ranger/4 rogue/1 fighter. I took as much sneak attack as i could get with my current ap, and it sure seems to stack. Lots more sneak damage than he was getting before.

I too, was planning on going with the 12/7/1 split. But now i'm thinking i will end up 15/4/1. The ap costs are more of an issue than the level splits.
    Sorry, when I bothered to look at the Enhancement tab on the Character Sheet, its all laid out. The Sneak attack dice from different Enhancement Class Trees do stack, and they even have different icons.

I agree, the AP costs are critical. I devised the perfect split for max Sneak Attack on a Tempest Trapmonkey:

12 Ran / 5 Rog / 3 Mon
    then spending AP in the Class Trees as

Tempest 37 AP (1K Cuts etc.)
    Deepwood 12 AP (3 x SA dice)
    Assass 12 AP (3 x SA dice)
    Ninja 12 AP (3 x SA dice)
    Helf Palli 7 AP (+4 to saves)

Total 80 AP (9 x SA dice)

However, nice as it is, SA is not everything and I don't think I'll go all the way. I can see the attraction of Ranger 15. I really miss having FoM and Cure Serious!
    www.LegendsGuild.eu - on Thelanis
    Brunhildha (Stroppy healer); Niwareka (Sneaky Ranger); Hiacynthe (Happy Monk); Juss (Hitty Healer); Sharkee (Dirty old Shenanigan); Kawariki (Confused drow wizzy)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brunhildha View Post
    Sorry, when I bothered to look at the Enhancement tab on the Character Sheet, its all laid out. The Sneak attack dice from different Enhancement Class Trees do stack, and they even have different icons.

I agree, the AP costs are critical. I devised the perfect split for max Sneak Attack on a Tempest Trapmonkey:

12 Ran / 5 Rog / 3 Mon

However, nice as it is, SA is not everything and I don't think I'll go all the way. I can see the attraction of Ranger 15. I really miss having FoM and Cure Serious!
    Yeah, I was just planning out a return to tempest (loved my tempest life), but this time possibly going pure for capstone which they made very interesting. When I started picking out my enhancements by tree/tier I was shocked to discover I had 72 pts in tempest alone! In fact, I'll be opening a new thread for ideas on what to pare from it. Needless to say, AP's are tight for rangers (and paladins... and probably everyone else). I guess that's a sign they improved balance, you actually have to made decision on what to take and leave now *sigh*.

Quote Originally Posted by Brunhildha View Post

12 Ran / 5 Rog / 3 Mon

I had the same thoughts myself. When i was first planning the build, giving up cure serious and fom was a painful decision for me.

I also had realized that if i swapped the fighter level for ninja levels, i would probably end up stronger. Originally the fighter level was for the feat, which i needed. Now i don't need the extra feat so much, and only get like +1 atk/dmg from fighter. But going the ninja route would, like you said, mean not getting to ranger level 15, which i really like.
    Also i never envisioned fighting with this guy centered, and if i took 3 or more monk levels i would feel compelled to do that.

I like it. Options are good. I think. Aren't they?

P.S. You are fitting in that tier 3 core deepwood attack that auto bluffs right? Oh, it's so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    Yeah, I was just planning out a return to tempest (loved my tempest life), but this time possibly going pure for capstone which they made very interesting. When I started picking out my enhancements by tree/tier I was shocked to discover I had 72 pts in tempest alone! In fact, I'll be opening a new thread for ideas on what to pare from it. Needless to say, AP's are tight for rangers (and paladins... and probably everyone else). I guess that's a sign they improved balance, you actually have to made decision on what to take and leave now *sigh*.
    APs have always been tight on paladins. It's not that paladins are balanced, their enhancements are simply overpriced and feature too many linked options. If paladins were balanced, ap costs would be loose enough that they could afford racial enhancements or even a third tree (even if it's non-existent at this time).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by eachna_gislin View Post
    APs have always been tight on paladins. It's not that paladins are balanced, their enhancements are simply overpriced and feature too many linked options. If paladins were balanced, ap costs would be loose enough that they could afford racial enhancements or even a third tree (even if it's non-existent at this time).
    No arguments from me there (I've stated just this in other threads). In particular the SD tree took a beating in the pass, it cost like 50 AP to get what you used to get for 8 in the old system, and it's not like defenders were over powered then.

That said I just finished a paladin life (16/2/2 monk/ftr built for S&B DPS) and loved every minute. I had very respectable DPS, fantastic saves, great self heals and survivability... not a lot to complain about really.