Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    We have JOBS in DDO ?
    Nice troll.
    Well for some people its just a game as for others...............it might be their job lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    No. Just no.
    My first life monk (with +3 tomes to all stats) was soloing epic hard.
    He's the first char of mine that hit epics.

To date, everything I've made can solo epic hard - not due to gear... Just due to the ****-easy-bull[stuff] game play.

No, no. The power gap between epic hard and epic elite is the issue. If epic hard got a buff, good. Going from 40/hit -> 150-200/hit isn't friendly. Nor fair.

Want some fun facts? Epic hard Demonweb chain has monsters similar to IQ on elite.
    Except you are 20x stronger with destinies. So.. Yeah.
    I just comepletely reject your premise that all content should be solo-able. We agree on the word no at least lol

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

man... there's just some posts/posters that make you wish they hadn't taken away neg rep :-/

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Thumbs up Ah

The infamous super uber solo elitist.You can always tell when they are in your group.They zerg ahead kill everything causing everyone else in the group to yawn at the Stuart on MAD TV "look what i can do" show.

Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Did you check the crs of the mobs? I had an issue in the lords of dust chain with EE (I think) mobs showing up in EN (cr43 named mobs, cr 36 hell hounds, and so such, where as the normal crs are in the low twenties). Maybe you are experiencing that same issue?
    In the first Lords of Dust on EH last night, I had CR 27 cultists and CR 40 dogs. The dogs had higher CRs than just about anything else in quest. And so many hit points.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by krynnotaur View Post
    Can't tell if your getting the point, or everyone thinks the other guy is stupid.
    I didn't understand the rest of your silliness, but I can answer this question... most of the responses seem to be directed at you, not each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    So in short: In DDO, we're as reliant on other people as we wish to be.
    We play what classes we want - be that for a past life, flavour, the fact it's the most overpowered thing since bread slicers or for any reason.
    And we play it how we want.
    This. Not because you can solo everything, but because a game that has to force certain party make-ups is a game I will not play (see: wow). One reason DDO is so far ahead of every other MMO out there, is because in most content dedicated healers are completely un-neccesary... as is every other specific class. This frees the player to play whatever they want to enjoy there time with any group.

It changes to party dynamic from "whose job was it to prevent that?" to "Haha, that was dumb, would someone come rescue my sorry bum?" and you can generally expect that rescue, because everyone (ideally) is capable of affecting it. It changes the game from an everyone is forced to play the way the creators have decreed, to a bunch of people hanging out and playing how they like. This is the BIGGEST reason, in my book, why DDO is better than every other MMO out there.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

The quest i was running was one of the new wheloon prison quests. So lvl 26 quest made lvl 27 due to EH. I wasnt paying attention to the CRs of the mobs. However, i did notice that the end boss had about 50,000 hitpoints, and he was a caster type.

Before the update i was accustomed to running the high road quests on EH solo with this same FVS, same gear, same lvl, same destinies, and though it was slow going due to high hps and my medicre dps, my life was never really threatened. It was just slow, not dangerous.

Tonight if i have time i will rerun that same wheeloon quest on EH solo and see if that makes a difference. If it does, then the reason was either crazy scaling or a funky instance that spawned. I hope its not the scaling. If it is, then i would probably avoid grouping in order to get my EH loot easier. I like grouping...

To the troll and his multitude of non-sensical comments (a translation into English would be nice) please go back under your bridge. If my "job" were healing, I would quite that job, or just stop grouping period. Im fine with wearingthe healing hat in raids or occasionally in quests when things get hairy. Most of the time i just keep an eye on red bars while im contributing to dps and tossing a renewal when needed. If quest difficulty ever comes to the point that all im doing is staring at red bars all the time, then ill just move on to another toon or solo more. The beauty of ddo is the lack of the holy trinity as a previous poster said.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catteras View Post
    The quest i was running was one of the new wheloon prison quests. So lvl 26 quest made lvl 27 due to EH. I wasnt paying attention to the CRs of the mobs. However, i did notice that the end boss had about 50,000 hitpoints, and he was a caster type.
    Ran the first four storm horns quests on EH solo, and the red named human casters all had from if I recall, 40-60k hp; red named giants I couldn't see hp but going to guess at least twice the casters, if not more. Maybe they just ramped up the EH settings on these new quests but I guess I'll pay attention to the hp when I run them in a group later. It is a big difference from, for example, the redname end guy in EH rest stop who had something like 10k!

Community Member

I believe the scaling is partially dependent on the classes. In fact I know it is.

Prior to U19 if a sorc and a rogue went into impossible demands on normal, there was always exactly 2 enemies in the upper left room.

If a sorc and a barbarian went in there was always exactly 3 enemies in the upper left room.

We got the devious bonus either way so it didn't matter, but there is some formula being applied and it does depend on class.

My take is the weighting of some classes (and hirelings) went up. Of course it's still a big mystery to us.

Quote Originally Posted by krynnotaur View Post
    nice butthurt lol. ask a rogue to tank and the fighters to get the traps.
    Rogues can be built to tank and you can always skip traps (although I have seen the fighter get them too)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogosh View Post
    So if I've been around since the beginning of things and have an understanding of how things work, should I be able to solo virtually everything? Or do I have to be uber with an extra side of awesome-sauce?

I don't belong to a guild so it would be nice to be able to set out on my own when there are no groups to join.
    Well these changes discourage grouping so they should make it more advantageous to you to run on your own and make it harder to find groups.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rogosh View Post
    So if I've been around since the beginning of things and have an understanding of how things work, should I be able to solo virtually everything? Or do I have to be uber with an extra side of awesome-sauce?

I don't belong to a guild so it would be nice to be able to set out on my own when there are no groups to join.
    If you build appropriately and don't actively ignore the advice of those here in the forums, you should have no problem soloing anything non-raid up to Epic Hard difficulty.

Lord of Dust has a bug right now where certain mobs are spawning as EE mobs.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Community Member

Haven't played LoD recently, but I was quite surprised when a red named mimic in one of the Stormhorns quests was bashing me for 2-300 a pop on frickin' Epic NORMAL.

Community Member

The quest in question is Lesson in Deception. I just finished a partial EH run and a full EN run. These are the CRs I observed:

EH
    common thug - 29
    howler - 32
    lizard warriors - 33
    *I was in with a FVS heirling (my version of soloing) and I was getting trounced. It was rough going for sure. I was mostly scrambling away healing while trying to kite through blade barriers. If I stood still, the beating I took was too much. It wasn't so bad when I was only up against 2-3 guys at once, but when I was mobbed by 10-12, it was rough. There are at least a few spots where these huge mobs hit you. I think if it hadn't been for that, I would have done better. Once it became obvious it would take me a couple hours to finish (if I did before wiping), I recalled and tried it on EN.

EN
    common thug - 24
    howler - 28
    Stanwicke (end boss) - 20,734 hp (I forgot to get CR).
    *This was considerably easier. I had to watch my hp and make sure I had renewal going, but at no point did I feel overly threatened and in danger of dying. Mobs had considerably fewer hitpoints and did a lot less damage to me. It's worth noting that I dismissed my heirling after I entered the quest, but I think at that point any scaling would have stuck, even after dismissing him.

My end conclusion is that EHs (at least in the expansion) certainly are more difficult than previous EHs that I've run. I suppose this is to be expected since they are higher level, but what does a capped lvl 28 toon gain over a capped lvl 25 toon (assuming optimal destinies and twists)? Not much. Some hitpoints and a feat. At least I can still solo EN comfortably with minimal hassle, so that makes me feel a little better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12