Thread: Seriously?

Community Member

Default Seriously?

I got this in a Shroud chest:

So let's review something:
    Vorpal
    This potent and feared ability allows the weapon to sever the heads of those it strikes. Upon a roll of natural 20 (followed by a successful roll to confirm the critical hit), the weapon severs the opponent’s head (if it has one) from its body. Some creatures, such as many aberrations and all oozes, have no heads. Others, such as golems and undead creatures other than vampires, are not affected by the loss of their heads. Most other creatures, however, die when their heads are cut off. A vorpal weapon must be a slashing weapon. (If you roll this property randomly for an inappropriate weapon, reroll.)

Strong necromancy and transmutation; CL 18th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, circle of death, keen edge; Price +5 bonus.
    Do you developers know what a rapier is? Well, I can tell you it is NOT classified as a SLASHING WEAPON! It even says, right at the bottom that IT LACKS AN EDGED BLADE!

This is more of the power-creep-never-played-D&D loot BS I was talking about.

Does it actually work? I mean, that was the funniest thing ever if they put Vorpal on piercing weapons but forgot to actually make it compatible with each other ;P.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Discerning Gentlerobot Piker Turtlsdown's Avatar

This is terrible

Please quickly mail me the item, so you don't have to be cursed by it's presence in your backpack!

Community Member

Meh. I pulled a vorpal club.

Worst thing about it was that they halved the deconstruct level of the effect to 4.

Talking about weird items, why is the new level 13 vendor trash (ie deadly V = +5 damage bonus) the equivalent of a level 25 EE item?!? (dreamvisor aka one of the most wanted items since the launch of eeGH)

I don't get it.

(just to be clear; I'm not complaining, not trying to troll and not trying to shoot down Turbine, I just honestly don't get it)
    Sarlona Deluxe
    Axess (high dps/versatility [TR1]) ~ Nimmuz (cleric) ~ Roboboogie (spellsword [TR1])
    Partydeluxe (bard [TR1]) ~ Partywiz (WF AM [TR1])

Default Someone gave away the key to the candy store...

Quote Originally Posted by Partydeluxe View Post
    Talking about weird items, why is the new level 13 vendor trash (ie deadly V = +5 damage bonus) the equivalent of a level 25 EE item?!? (dreamvisor aka one of the most wanted items since the launch of eeGH)

I don't get it.

(just to be clear; I'm not complaining, not trying to troll and not trying to shoot down Turbine, I just honestly don't get it)
    I think the kobold inmates have been put in charge of the (random loot with nonsensical abilities) proverbial asylum!
    All Haiku courtesy of Kayerith: RAID HAIKU!!: Velah isn't scared//we are killing the zombies//Dahliya is mean? <> Running for the hound!//making babbies fight mommy!//Michael Vick Approved <> Do you trust the shroud?//We must fight Harry two times//bring D-R Breakers <> Race haiku!!: Rusties eat war-forged//I laugh at their suffering//the screams are funny <> War-forged have no souls//batteries not included//save your receipt please <> Toaster surfing haiku!!: Jumping in the air//warforged crowding below me//I cannot get down!!! <> Confusion claims me!//which gender has facial hair?//male or female dwarves? <> It cannot be true! // a dwarf with no beard appears!//ABOMINATION!!

Community Member

Pulled a vorpal warhammer, maybe it knocks the head off

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

They've expanded vorpal. I pulled a vorpal greatcrossbow the other day. And it's not really that much of an issue, considering the manslayer ring from the challenges does pretty much the same thing on ANY weapon you're wielding.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Partydeluxe View Post
    This does make me feel bad for all of the people who bought my Dream Visors. You just paid 1k A$ for something that is vendor trash worthy, huzzah!

I have to agree, a vorpal rapier is a little silly.

One, two! One, two! And through and through
    The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head
    He went galumphing back.

Quote Originally Posted by haulindonkey View Post
    I think the kobold inmates have been put in charge of the (random loot with nonsensical abilities) proverbial asylum!
    That must be it! Thanks for clearing up the confusion.
    Sarlona Deluxe
    Axess (high dps/versatility [TR1]) ~ Nimmuz (cleric) ~ Roboboogie (spellsword [TR1])
    Partydeluxe (bard [TR1]) ~ Partywiz (WF AM [TR1])

Feather of Sun.

Any questions?
    Heatherx (Completionist--honest, no stones)
    Toryen Warchanter 24 ~ Treslyn Cleric 26 ~ Lohikaerme Druid 24 ~ Khenshii Monk 28

Heroes of Light and Darkness ~ Argonnessen

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

It's interesting.

My conclusion about the new vorpal types is that it's going to make the heroic levels faster and easier (reduced MLs on vorpal-esque items, better availability of vorpal items, and flat competence bonuses to damage at relatively low MLs).

I think that's probably really good for new players, since sucking in heroics isn't fun, and my personal belief is that vorpal-type weapons are the answer to a quick and easy 8-20 on even the gimpiest melee.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.