Community Member

Default Kinetic lore working on bb now?

supposedly it is now...before it was easy to prove it wasnt since no one had crits unless you invested in force line or used a arcane lore item..

it kinda seems to be working now,on my cleric with base 5% crit equiping a 15% lore item seems to up my crit rate
    though to be honest its hard to tell i could just be getting lucky on that 5%

anyone out there seeing a crit raise on bb with a kinetic item?

Community Member

after killing a ton of mobs withh bb only it does certainly appear as if kinetic lore is finally working with bb..yay

this more than makes up for the changes to arcane lore ..so feather gets a thank you for this

Community Member

I did a little testing out in gh with bbs

With nothing on damage is up on crits and no difference with kinetic lore on that i could tell

Im just guessing but its probly the mcl enhancements that are raising the damage

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    I did a little testing out in gh with bbs

With nothing on damage is up on crits and no difference with kinetic lore on that i could tell

Im just guessing but its probly the mcl enhancements that are raising the damage
    my post is refering to the crit chance not damage since lore doesnt appear to have a damage effect any more

on examination of combat log i averaged 2 crits in every 10 hits which would be about the 20% that would be expected from the 5% caster&15% lore item

Community Member

All of my increased dmg was from crits n i tried naked with arcane lore and with

kinetic on and off didnt see any differences on my numbers

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    All of my increased dmg was from crits n i tried naked with arcane lore and with

kinetic on and off didnt see any differences on my numbers
    And you wouldn't - you'd just expect to see crits about 4x as often with a 15% Kinetic Lore item, if it really does apply to BB now. But the size of the crits wouldn't change, just their frequency.

This would be great news indeed for Artis, who also get BB and build for Force damage/crit already.

That would be great news, other than of course introducing new gear slotting headaches for my cleric. But that's a problem I'd be happy to have.

Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post
    supposedly it is now...before it was easy to prove it wasnt since no one had crits unless you invested in force line or used a arcane lore item..

it kinda seems to be working now,on my cleric with base 5% crit equiping a 15% lore item seems to up my crit rate
    though to be honest its hard to tell i could just be getting lucky on that 5%

anyone out there seeing a crit raise on bb with a kinetic item?
    Kinetic lore should not work on Blade Barrier only Laceration lore on items (except for Arti enhancements)

there was no mention of any changes to this in the Release notes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    Kinetic lore should not work on Blade Barrier only Laceration lore on items (except for Arti enhancements)

there was no mention of any changes to this in the Release notes.
    when motu was released kinetic lore was supposed to work with bb(it didnt) this was stated
    in a dev comment or release notes

with the changes made to the system it does now

Community Member

The feat Magical Training that any spellcaster gets, adds 5% crit chance to all spells now.

So your crits might come from this.
    Wayfinder: Drache-V26, Taragon-V4 Quarterstaff-Bot, Iridal-Cleric, Xar-Level 4 Mule

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dunklerlindwurm View Post
    The feat Magical Training that any spellcaster gets, adds 5% crit chance to all spells now.

So your crits might come from this.
    that would be the 5% base listed in a previous post

Thumbs up

when motu was released kinetic lore was supposed to work with bb(it didnt) this was stated

Blade barrier is supposed to be a force spell, so it makes sense if kinetic lore effects it.
    I feel like there's an increase in my critical frequency too, but as you mentioned, it could be due to the 5% of the Magical Training. I don't have enough data (yet) to verify it.

like I said "its not in the notes" I'll believe it when I TR into CLR/FVS/ARTI again and test it

as far as MOTU I checked the cached release notes and there is no mention of Kinetic Lore or Blade Barrier.

So link to dev comment or it didn't happen.
    Last edited by Tanngiostr; 08-22-2013 at 10:49 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    like I said "its not in the notes" I'll believe it when I TR into CLR/FVS/ARTI again and test it

as far as MOTU I checked the cached release notes and there is no mention of Kinetic Lore or Blade Barrier.

So link to dev comment or it didn't happen.
    belief is not a requirment for something to be true ...i saw it when motu dropped,found the mention again 6 months ago when a friend asked ... plus plainly see it in combat log...its not that difficult to stop and check your log every couple fights,a 20% crit rate is easy to spot when you averge 100s of bb hits

belief is not a requirment for something to be true ...i saw it when motu dropped,found the mention again 6 months ago when a friend asked ... plus plainly see it in combat log...its not that difficult to stop and check your log every couple fights,a 20% crit rate is easy to spot when you averge 100s of bb hits
    it is a bit difficult to test as a monk.