Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default The New Loot Is. . .

Bad. I mean it. I'm not talking about named things - I haven't seen any of the new named items. I mean the BS random loot gear. Really, a weapon with a +6 or greater gets +0.5 [W} That's stupid. Assorted levels of elemental damage and stat damage and blah blah blah?

I seriously have my doubts that this dev team has ever even cracked a D&D book, let alone a 3E/3.5E book. You know, the ones THIS GAME IS FREAKING BASED ON?

Save the power creep for World of Warcraft. It's slowly ruining this game.

And it's incompetently done. The stupid item creation rules are still not being applied evenly among all non-artifact items (and hey, where are our artifacts anyway?)

Seriously, cut back on the power creep. And stop making new gear and gear rules until you get it all lined up and in order. Nothing should show up on random loot that I cannot craft with my crafter.
    Last edited by IWCoppercrest; 08-29-2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: profanity

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    Bad. I mean it. It's slowly ruining this game.

Nothing should show up on random loot that I cannot craft with my crafter.
    Lol @ crafting. Useless rubbish
    Last edited by IWCoppercrest; 08-29-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Disagree a Million,Billion,Trillion percent I like the idea of effects and items that cant be crafted and can only be looted it shows that the ancients had more power than we do plus, not all of us have the time nor temperment to sit grinding out crafting. But we can all enjoy questing and looting.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

I'm still unsure how I feel about the new loot.

On the one hand, today I pulled a pair of ML25 Dex+7 Gloves of Dodge 7% with an Empty Green Slot.(Lootgen)
    This is amazingly powerful for lootgen item. I also was unaware the green slots would be on lootgen items now.

On the other hand I pulled those gloves today, and they're almost as good as my Dun'Robar ring now.(Str+7, Dodge 8%, TendonSlice 10%)
    To me this is both awesome, and kind of sad. Because I had to farm Rusted blades a million times, and still ended up having to buy a ring since one wouldn't drop for me.

I'm excited to see the new possibilities, but I'm apprehensive what they will mean for some of the gear I've been farming for months now.
    Last edited by TheLegendOfAra; 08-21-2013 at 05:45 AM.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    On the other hand I pulled those gloves today, and they're almost as good as my Dun'Robar ring now.(Str+7, Dodge 78%, TendonSlice 10%).
    Holy, I want a 78% dodge gloves too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Holy, I want a 78% dodge gloves too!
    Hush you!
    Die!
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Raidloot is dead. Long live trashloot!
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Bad. I mean it. I'm not talking about named things - I haven't seen any of the new named items. I mean the BS random loot gear. Really, a weapon with a +6 or greater gets +0.5 [W} That's stupid. Assorted levels of elemental damage and stat damage and blah blah blah?

I seriously have my doubts that this dev team has ever even cracked a D&D book, let alone a 3E/3.5E book. You know, the ones THIS GAME IS FREAKING BASED ON?

Save the power creep for World of Warcraft. It's slowly ruining this game.

And it's incompetently done. The stupid item creation rules are still not being applied evenly among all non-artifact items (and hey, where are our artifacts anyway?)

Seriously, cut back on the power creep. And stop making new gear and gear rules until you get it all lined up and in order. Nothing should show up on random loot that I cannot craft with my crafter.
    Hey, I wish they would've kept the game closer to actually being Dungeons & Dragons in an Online environment too, but that ship sailed a long time ago.

As for the rest that tirade... You should probably see a doctor. I'm not sure if it's a stick or your head, but you've got something stuck up there that needs to be removed...
    Last edited by IWCoppercrest; 08-29-2013 at 08:48 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    I'm excited to see the new possibilities, but I'm apprehensive what they will mean for some of the gear I've been farming for months now.
    Farming gear at endgame has always been a waste of time in every MMO. After all, since you are at the cap there is nowhere to go and thus you don't need better gear. When level caps finally get raised much better gear is always added that makes old gear obsolete so time spent getting gear at the cap is never a good use of time. They could fix this of course by simply lowering level requirements on gear (or ideally doing away with them the way old games like Everquest did it). Farming end game gear would have real value if you could then TR and use it immediately as you gained another 28 levels, but if the gear requires you to be level 25 or 28 to even put it on then there is little point to it as there is nothing to do at level 25 or 28.

I have to say it does make sense that the new random gear is better than old raid gear since there are no new raids. The best gear tends to come from the highest level content and if the new stuff was not better than FoT gear there would be no need for gear junkies to buy the new expansion. Also, if you are the type of person to farm for gear, having the best gear be random gives a lot more farming potential because the player has to wait until an item with just the right mix of abilities is generated in just the right equipment slot. This takes far more time than just farming for a named item with known abilities and since people at end game are always looking for ways to waste their time getting better gear this system will give them a lot opportunities to do so.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Nothing should show up on random loot that I cannot craft with my crafter.
    Why?

I mean I appreciate a good rant and all, but why this point? Maybe I'm missing something from the 3E rules, the last D&D book I bought was Unearthed Arcana, but if a player had said something to me like that when I was behind the DM's screen they would be smote in a most hideous way for their hubris. I'd say being based on D&D means house rules, and Turbine is hosting tonight.

I'm sure people have had very different pen and paper experiences, but the core of D&D for me was never the rules, the last thing myself and my friends wanted to play was a glorified "choose your own adventure" book with rules and dice, we wanted to be explorers, adventurers, heroes. Having a DM that could surprise you, that you had to adapt to was an integral part of the game, telling the DM how he had to design his game, how this piece of loot in the chest we just got was a foolish decision because my character couldn't craft such a thing under a given core ruleset would have been unthinkable. I would have been laughed off the table AND forced to get the pizza!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    After all, since you are at the cap there is nowhere to go
    Right here, your argument falls apart. In most MMOs getting to cap is just the beginning.

Community Member

Honestly i like the new gear it is pretty decent and varied from what i've seen, it really has nothing to do with d&d anymore though, unless they have stuff like that in 4ED. (Never touched that one)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedHost View Post
    Right here, your argument falls apart. In most MMOs getting to cap is just the beginning.
    Actually it is the end for 95% of the player base usually.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Disagree a Million,Billion,Trillion percent I like the idea of effects and items that cant be crafted and can only be looted it shows that the ancients had more power than we do plus, not all of us have the time nor temperment to sit grinding out crafting. But we can all enjoy questing and looting.
    While I agree with the part about uncraftable, or even higher ML if crafted enchantments as it gives players a reason to actually play. It would be nice if lootgen and crafting were using systems in the same generation at least. Especially, as linear and simplistic as the new system is, it should be easy to retrofit it to the linear and simplistic crafting system they gave us.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    Farming gear at endgame has always been a waste of time in every MMO. After all, since you are at the cap there is nowhere to go and thus you don't need better gear. When level caps finally get raised much better gear is always added that makes old gear obsolete so time spent getting gear at the cap is never a good use of time.
    Amen. Farming for gear at cap never made sense to me either. Much in the same way that when the cap was 20, playing epic quests made no sense: I've already capped, I'm not getting more xp, why would I play epics?

Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post
    Raidloot is dead. Long live trashloot!
    that's what i said in the channel yesterday, seeing than most new trash loot > new named loot, fyi, both have random effects roflmao

also i said that builds, enhancements no more will matter, now only matters ED and gear

ddo has become a newb friendly game, excessively, even the leveling way, and the new harbor distribution, shows it

idc about that, what worries me is the numbers we're using, my lvl 6 halfling rogue has 135 hp w/o toughness feat(nor enhancements ofc lol), something is starting to smell like wow, and hey, wow is dead, guess why

also, smiting, banishing and disrupting are dead, useful only when mob is under certain hp = useless (have to checkl if also recquires vorpal, if so, sucks)
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

I guess OP never saw or opened the Epic Handbook for 3.5.

I just hate hate hate the quarterstaff I bought off the weapon vendor in Eveningstar yesterday!!! Just an ML27 Kinetic Lore (19%) with Force SP (136 I think it was). I will definitely NOT use that on my Shiradi sorcerer! No! NO! */fail will save* Ok then....

I like the new loot. Just need to get used to reading the prefixes/suffixes better as stuff now say Holy on epic weapons but has underlying levels of Holy (1-6,2-12, 3-16 etc).

I dont mind the powercreep, but I -do- think many of the named items are just too weak.
    Member and owner of "The Mad Midgets" of Khyber.
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    Actually it is the end for 95% of the player base usually.
    That shows poor planning then. The correct approach is to pass out gear that will be needed to get the next generation of gear and having it drop at a rate that keeps the players busy long enough to develop that next generation of content.

That or have interesting enough PvP to keep the players busy farming gear to keep up with what the competition has. This is rougher though, as it forces everyone to play at the pace (and level if a decent amount of skill is involved) of the fastest or concede ever catching up. Which is the problem with basing one's end-game around PvP, you end up with the majority of your customers to often being losers to a small minority that have more time (and/or skill).

After finally remaking most of my characters, i did some actual questing tonight. Got a pretty good look at the new loot.

I have to say, i have pretty mixed feelings about it.

They just recently upgraded a bunch of named weapons by adding extra base damage to them. Now every piece of lootgen has this increased base dice. Worse, a lot of named loot doesn't have the increased dice, because it doesn't have a potential rating.

The new deception effect makes the old deception effect look pretty pathetic. The new version comes with sneak attack bonuses attached, and they are bigger than anything that is on named loot.

I've pulled lootgen with both a yellow and a clear augment slot on it. I guess i don't mind this, since they make sweet crafting blanks, but it does make a lot of the named loot a lot less special.

How about the new deadly effect. Remember when getting +2 or 3 damage from a set bonus was a big deal? It's fairly easy to get +6 or 8 now from lootgen. And the stuff ain't rare.

I guess one nice thing about crafting still is that some of the craftable effects are gone from lootgen now. I haven't seen any banes drop, except the ubiquitous ghost bane. Burst effects will be legacy or crafted only items now i guess. Of course if you do the math, they probably aren't better than the increase in base elemental damage that is dropping now.

In the release notes they said they were upgrading the gear to match our new character power. So it's sort of a double whammy of power creep.

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    idc about that, what worries me is the numbers we're using, my lvl 6 halfling rogue has 135 hp w/o toughness feat(nor enhancements ofc lol), something is starting to smell like wow, and hey, wow is dead, guess why

also, smiting, banishing and disrupting are dead, useful only when mob is under certain hp = useless (have to checkl if also recquires vorpal, if so, sucks)
    Most people have less hit points now than they did before. They have to, because the damage they are capable of doing, at least in melee is crazy. Some sort of challenge needs to still be there.

When was the last time you looked at a smiting, banishing, or disrupting weapon? They have only instakilled mobs under 1000 hp as long as i have been playing. So they have been like that for nearly 2 years at least.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast