Community Member

Default Dev request: Please update Cannith crafting

I had only been thinking about the powerful new lootgen abilities from the perspective of epic items in the ML 25+ range, until I saw someone link an ML15 item with a +8 stat on it. These used to have MLs in the epic range.

Cannith crafting hasn't been of much use at epic levels in a long time, but was at least pretty good for leveling through heroics.. but these new items are going to make that obsolete as well in a number of areas. I understand the need to put out new, fancy hardware, but the Cannith system is a great feature that obviously took a lot of work to program.. and takes a fair bit of effort to level up as well. It would be nice to see it get updated so we can make items as good as ones randomly dropped in regular chests.

Thanks.

/signed

I hope they get around to it, I really do. A lot of the systems are starting to feel kind of abandoned and could use a refresh to bring them up to date.
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

I'm pretty upset about this - I also expected the recent endgame stuff to be outclassed by random drops (since that how WoW does it, and sadly I didn't expect better). I put a lot of time and effort into Cannith crafting and farming BTA blanks and such. It's all absurdly worthless compared to the new level 16 loot that I've seen as quest rewards.

It seems like most of the existing 16-20 quest rewards are garbage now, too, by comparison.

What's going on? Who does this to an established game? What am I missing here? Did the old 16-20 quests get a big buff I haven't yet seen, loot-wise? Is green steel worthless now except as 11-15 twink gear?

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

I too would like to see them update the system. IMO one of DDO's basic design issues has been a wandering aimless inconsistency in supporting existing systems while they try to pump out new stuff. This just eventually leads people to ignore NEW THINGS knowing they will just be a waste of time. All these needless reinventions of crafting systems that before obsolete instead of staying relevant just make people wonder why they bother... until they don't bother.

The Hatchery

Agreeing here. Right now, Cannith Crafting is useful for low level twink gear and nothing else: except boss beaters, but those are mostly useless now since no one runs devil raids or Lailat.

It would be nice to be able to create top-level gear. And don't make us have to grind for a hundred hours to do it.

(also, let us name our cannith crafted gear. Tell renaming tokens in the store if you want. It'd be fun)

Community Member

Thanks for the replies. Hoping a dev will respond with even a hint of what, if anything, they plan to do with Cannith crafting.

The system has to represent hundreds, if not thousands, of person-hours of programming. It would be a total waste to allow it to slip into oblivion, and that's where it's headed now. I TR a lot, so I'll still use it -- and in fact, I am wearing a Cannith item even now at level 25 to fill a specific niche. But it's becoming less useful by the update.

While we're entreating the devs to update Cannith Crafting-

PLEASE update Cannith Crafting so that all toons on a server contribute to the same crafting xp pool. The only thing the current system ensures is that people will spend a whole lot of time annoyed, overfilling their inventories and taking constant breaks to transfer to a single toon.

At least, in my experiences, I've yet to see anything different.

I welcome reasons why the change would be negative in some way~
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

/signed

Right now the disparity between grind required for cannith crafting and benefits is huge, and not in a good way.

Community Member

/signed

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Amen. /Signed!

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Community Member

Default I predict

I predict that House C Crafting will be completely ignored, and eventually done away with once it is completely useless.

Sure, I spent time leveling up my crafter, so that he can make anything there. Sure, I probably won't miss it except for 33% absorption items, the only thing I make today.

The only way it will ever be made relevant is if there is some pay-to-play theme, like mats so rare that you really only can buy from DDO store. Even then, it would have to be a solid revenue driver to get any attention from the devs.
    RTFM on Khyber, Toy Soldiers.

Toy Soldiers PD Roll Builds Guild on Wayfinder.

Agree, Cannith crafting needs a thorough revamp. As does the Epic system (scroll/shard/seal). Please put those on the "To-do" list and let us know if already have this in the works.
    Member and owner of "The Mad Midgets" of Khyber.
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc

I think +8 stat items simply shouldn't drop at lvl 15. They probably exist due to the auto-ML calculation thing, but really should be AML 20 (if not more).
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Default crafting lag

i somewhat agree with others, crafting is only really useful to twink a tr and then if u could be bothered.

additionally, i am about to give up on it all together because of the horrid lag.
    normally i collect items in shared bank and then log my crafter to deconstruct, well, have you tried doconstructing 40-50 items? how many times does the game freeze and 'not responding' appears? its unbearable. is the crafting server running on some old rubbish windows nt server or something?
    even today before hotfix downtime, 4 minutes before server downtime i was expecting to deconstruct a bunch of stuff thinking that it wouldnt lag, well guess what? it made no difference with hardly anyone logged on.

all my gear is high end, running off Solid state drives, DDR3 ram, quad core processor with a monster Noctua fan in a case full of fans, i monitor temperatures on second screen - basically its the rubbish server, nothing to do with my end.

PLEASE FIX THIS!

Community Member

/signed urgently!

Community Member

/signed

/signed
    ~Qarnivore.of.Synergia~

Community Member

Yep its way past time to add +15 to skills. And revamp the weapon and armor effects to the new I-X system of random loot while its fresh. If random loot can now have a +10 stat; crafting should at least go to +8 stats.

/signed