Default Friends in low places end fight bug? (in game bug tool inop)

We killed everything in the dungeon, including the optionals and then proceeded toward the end fight.

When we got to the end fight as soon as the boss spawned the dungeon alert started climbing and went right up to red. We did not try to run around or anything. We just started beating on the boss. Once we got to red the whole dungeon lagged up and we died. After we died we both saw numbers for about 10 seconds. It took less than 30 seconds to get to red and maybe another 15 seconds to lag out to playable/dead.

Anyone else had this? Is the dungeon alert set wrong in this quest? Or did we just have bad luck / lag and an unfortuanate time?
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    We killed everything in the dungeon, including the optionals and then proceeded toward the end fight.

When we got to the end fight as soon as the boss spawned the dungeon alert started climbing and went right up to red. We did not try to run around or anything. We just started beating on the boss. Once we got to red the whole dungeon lagged up and we died. After we died we both saw numbers for about 10 seconds. It took less than 30 seconds to get to red and maybe another 15 seconds to lag out to playable/dead.

Anyone else had this? Is the dungeon alert set wrong in this quest? Or did we just have bad luck / lag and an unfortunate time?
    Had the exact same issue. The second I aggroed the boss the DA climbed to red within seconds and found myself fighting 40+ enemies. Obviously, this led to lag/death. Upon death over half of the enemies faded, I waited over 5 mins and then used a cake, the second the cake was used the DA went back to red and the 40+ reappeared, could not even get one move off due to lag death. Tried this a few times as far from the mob and in as many different places as possible, but same results every time. Tried to contact in game CS but after 45 minutes of no response I sent them another message that I was tired of waiting and went to bed.

Response to first ticket about the bug which cost me REAL WORLD MONEY in the form of cakes and hires that I bought TPs to purchase: Nothing we can do about it, and don't bother trying to submit a bug report because that feature is broken. (paraphrase) 2 hours to respond

Response to second ticket in which I said I was tired of waiting and going to bed: We can't help you go to bed because you are not online any more. (paraphrase) 45 minutes to respond, they responded to this one first

Red Alert is not WAI. I will fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    Sig'd

Out of context quotes ftw.

Thank you for stopping by.

This is also happening in the third quest in the chain at the end fight. I discovered it last night after I had put this thread up.

We walked up to the boss to start the fight and when the howlers spawned I was hit by enough of their howl effects to completely fill up my debuff bar. I ran back by the door and let them clear then pulled the boss. We started fighting the boss, but as soon as the howlers were released we went up to red alert.
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    Anyone else had this? Is the dungeon alert set wrong in this quest? Or did we just have bad luck / lag and an unfortuanate time?
    As a point of comparison, I solo'd this one last night on my sorc on heroic hard.
    I did not have any alert issues, but there were sure PLENTY of bad guys. I was actually surprised it didn't go to alert status.
    It could be that with a group the spawns get completely crazy, I can certainly see that as a strong possibility.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

It's partially scaling, I've ran this twice now both times on eh, once solo and once in a 4 person group. Solo no da, 4 person instant orange. Seems like scaling dramatically increased the number of mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    It's partially scaling, I've ran this twice now both times on eh, once solo and once in a 4 person group. Solo no da, 4 person instant orange. Seems like scaling dramatically increased the number of mobs.
    Decent chance it is scaling related.

We were running heroic elite.
    --18 FVS
    --18 fighter/ranger/rogue
    --2 hires
    --one owl bear

That may be spawning additional mobs making the difference in the level of alert.

Community Member

Default Same Problem on Lam

Soloed HE on Friends in Low Places - no problems until the end fight, then incredible lag. Fortunately the new pally Sd capstone kept me alive throughout. Lag went away the moment the boss died.

Same at the fight at the ShadowGate in Thrill of the Hunt. Finally was able to move away and kill everyone in another room. Boss fight posed no problem, maybe because I was solo.

Glad to hear it's being addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Texlaw1992 View Post
    Soloed HE on Friends in Low Places - no problems until the end fight, then incredible lag. Fortunately the new pally Sd capstone kept me alive throughout. Lag went away the moment the boss died.

Same at the fight at the ShadowGate in Thrill of the Hunt. Finally was able to move away and kill everyone in another room. Boss fight posed no problem, maybe because I was solo.

Glad to hear it's being addressed.
    Yes, thrill of the hunt does the same thing.

I am curious if the number of mobs spawning is WAI. So many howlers spawn that you cannot physically move. I've ended up "floating" on top of the crowd of mobs many times now.

They only way I can usually get that sort of thing to happen is when I zerg something and ignore the dungeon alert and pull mobs from many locations into one space. It seems like the number spawning is overtuned (at least on heroic elite).