Default Assassin worth splashing for even if you get a crappy assasinate DC?

Going through the different enhancement trees I kinda liked the assassin tree. What do you guys think of splashing at least 5 levels of rogue to get the top tiers for people who want a different past life but like the assassin tree? I think it offers more in dps than a lot of the other melee trees, and I have a few daggers lying around that I would like to try out. Dont have the house D kurkri that would of been awesome, but yeah knife specialization do my eyes deceive me or does it really turn kurkris and daggers into 18-20 *3 weapons? damn.

The sacrificial dagger would be a nice trash weapon? I mean its got level drain, I wish I had the epic vulkorim dagger for Epic giant hold but its been years and I still couldn't get a sands epic that most other people didn't want lol.

Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Going through the different enhancement trees I kinda liked the assassin tree. What do you guys think of splashing at least 5 levels of rogue to get the top tiers for people who want a different past life but like the assassin tree? I think it offers more in dps than a lot of the other melee trees, and I have a few daggers lying around that I would like to try out. Dont have the house D kurkri that would of been awesome, but yeah knife specialization do my eyes deceive me or does it really turn kurkris and daggers into 18-20 *3 weapons? damn.

The sacrificial dagger would be a nice trash weapon? I mean its got level drain, I wish I had the epic vulkorim dagger for Epic giant hold but its been years and I still couldn't get a sands epic that most other people didn't want lol.
    i think so...depending on what you splash it with. It's only half rogue level so you loose less then if it were full rogue level plus intel modifier. See my Undead Assassin build in this sub forum for an idea of a 5 rogue splash.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStormclaw View Post
    i think so...depending on what you splash it with. It's only half rogue level so you loose less then if it were full rogue level plus intel modifier. See my Undead Assassin build in this sub forum for an idea of a 5 rogue splash.
    I would like a ranger, or monk or fighter past life feat wizard.........not so much, but what I was seeing even if you dont instant kill you still get a fair bit of dps, 10d6 extra damage even if they save thats 30 or average damage? nothing to sniff at. plus I think one of the top tiers gives 4d6 sneak so 7d6 sneak attack and I think there is more.