Thread: Ambient Noise

Community Member

Default Ambient Noise

Anyone notice the odd ambient noises? I play with music off so I hear more of the battle than usual and yesterday I remember occasionally hearing a shattering noise. At first I didn't realize what was causing it, but then I noticed it played occasionally after destroying a breakable. Not ever time, but not uncommonly either. What is this supossed to signify? Did I break a crate that had a glass vase in it and now it's shattered? Oh no!

Another one is after killing enemies I sometimes hear a growling noise, like maybe the death throws(sp) of the enemy. Which is weird.

And finally, for a few moments killing in korthos island and in redemption I thought "What the heck is that? Why am I hearing a parrot twerp?" Turns out is was my summoned rat. Have had rats before, many many times. First time I thought I heard a parrot...

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Is when quest bonusses are incremented. So you'll have got one at mischief, vandal and ransack. Same with the kill bonusses.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Rune Arm

Hmmm I heard the shatter noise a few times in the Irestone Inlet last night when I was blasting barrels with my rune arm. I use that quest to test xbows and changes I make to my toons. I did notice I had a lowered DC and got danced and fatigued a few times as well and had never seen that b4.

Community Member

Awesome! Good to know they have a purpose and aren't just random. Thank you.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Is when quest bonusses are incremented. So you'll have got one at mischief, vandal and ransack. Same with the kill bonusses.
    Totally makes sense with the route I took thru Irestone. TY for the info.

Been having wierd sound issues just since the update as well. Sporadicly, I'll hear horrendously loud sounds, like the wind on my guild ship or in the Korthos wilderness. I have DM audio turned off, but occasionally I'll get snippits of it at high volume. Same with the "death noises" sometimes I don't hear them, other times it's really loud.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow