Default Heroic bases Cannith Crafted into Epic weapons? (is this WAI)

I didn't really look at the gear changes before update 19, I was following the enhancement discussions.

I have a number of Bound to Account, heroic base items. These come from quests like Sentinals of Stormreach and Delera's.

The ones that have at least +11 in stacking enchantments now say "Epic" and do 2[w] damage. There's also an intermediate step I've seen (around +9?) called Paragon that does 1.5[w]

This is exciting to me, because this means I can level up my heroic BTA base items through epic levels (some recipes are still useful) and manage my overloaded bank space.

Before I get too excited, I just wanted to check if this is WAI? If this was announced by the Devs, I would really appreciate a link to the announcement so I could confirm it for myself.

Pretty sure this is WaI. It's listed under the update 19 named items on the wiki but I'm not sure what the link is for the official notification. Look near the bottom under the Automatically granted new enhancements (replacing absolute minimum level): heading.

Since it only states that Weapons and shields with a total enhancement value of +x or higher gain an additional +x[W] damage dice, I would think that should apply to any weapon/shield be it crafted or random gen.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Update_19_named_items
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Community Member

Yes you can level a normal item up into a Paragon or Epic weapon, automatically, if you craft enough + onto it. Paragon's no problem, that's just +6...I'm just wondering how many options you'll have for useful, craftable affixes that will put you above +11. Even a +5 Screaming of Pure Good only puts you at +8, and I'm not sure if a Red Augment Slot counts towards the +11 for Epic status.

Its possible, of course - but you might be stuck having to put together an arbitrary high-level shard - Holy Burst or something - just to get up to +11

Augment slots DO apply towards the +6/11 needed for Paragon/Elite. I just made a +5 Holy(+2) of PG(+2) with a red augment(+2) and it came out Epic.

Now if they would only let us craft some of the new enchantments they have been putting on random gen loot over the last several updates...
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.