Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dr.Willan or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Enhancement Pass

Over the past month I have seen only a handful of builds that really take advantage of the new enhancement trees. Most of these builds revolve around 8 fighter as their core to stay centered while using an Epic Sword of Shadows. While these builds are great they are focused around one of the rarest items in the game and don't discuss starter sets that can be used in the meantime.

There is a lot of fluff thrown into posts with store pots, every buff under the sun, completionist and full +5 tomes to show the "top end stats" skewing the perception of what the build is capable of for most people in the game. I don't personally expect to keep ship buffs in a quest where lag can kill you at any time or even bother to use Yugoloth pots because of how tedious they are. I spend most of my time soloing so the only buffs I can count on are what I can cast and what I can scroll. Completionist builds with full +5 tomes are the Lamborghini's of DDO.. most of us don't have the time or money to put into one character.

The biggest oversight, though, is the lack of builds utilizing knife mastery in the assassin tree. Knife mastery give you access to the easiest level drainers in the game to farm; the Sacrificial Dagger out of Impossible Demands in Eveningstar. This dagger in the hands of a character with knife mastery becomes 15-20x3 AND drains 1d3 levels on crit. Did I mention that you don't have to farm a raid to get them unlike Nightmare, the Fallen Moon. While leveling there is a similarly amazing dagger, Guardian of the Liturgy. If you compare the Guardian to a Lit2 Dagger, both with knife specialization accounted for, Guardian of the Liturgy is always 2 damage ahead.

Quarterstaves are in a similar spot with 3 amazing named staffs coupled with Staff Specialization. The Theurgic Stave becomes 1.5[2d4] 15-20x3 at level 12 when you can first pick up staff specialization which is as good as the Sword of Shadows for leveling. Sireth, Spear of the Sky actually out parses the eSoS at 23 and the Stout Oak Walking Stick is even at 20.

Weapons aside, when I make a build I try to accomplish these goals :

* 60 reflex save with just GH and lithe twisted at 28
    * Fury shot with bow strength and overwhelming critical
    * High devotion and heal amp for cocoon use
    * CC of some form
    * Great critical profile weapons for level drainers
    * Minimal tome use, +3/4 for Int and +3 Dex mostly
    * Rogue skills if at all possible
    * UMD for GH, Heal, Raise Dead, Tensor's Transformation

The CIA Operative
    36 Point Human 15 Monk 4 Ranger 1 Fighter

17 STR
    14 DEX
    14 CON
    9 INT
    16 WIS
    8 CHA

Skills : Concentration 23, Hide 23, Move Silently 23, Heal 19, UMD 11, Jump 10, Tumble 1

This build was my first real project after the enhancement pass. The free +20 heart of wood did this character no good because he was already a three class split previously so I had to TR him and start from level 1. I had a blast leveling, stunning fist was always relevant and with legendary tactics and Epic Spare Hand at 20 it made EEs a joke.

This build accomplishes 4 of my major goals:

* 53 reflex save sitting in town buffless and without burning a twist, has improved evasion to fall back on
    * pseudo fury shot with 10k stars and a high wisdom, bow strength, and overwhelming critical
    * great healing amp from human and shintao enhancements and great devotion from deepwood stalker, shintao, and the heal skill
    * amazing CC through stunning fist (67 DC) and quivering palm (60 DC), on the new content just wait for your level drain to proc first

The build as I have it set up "requires" a +5 strength tome but can be done with less, the goal is to hit 23 strength by level 24 for overwhelming critical. You want as much wisdom as you can possible get for quivering palm and stunning fist.

The main enhancements are :

* Empty Hand Mastery
    * Meditation of War
    * Ki Shout
    * Shadow Veil
    * Agility in Ninja Spy for reflex saves
    * Energy of the Wild
    * Empathy line in DWS
    * Fighter Haste Boost
    * Human Versatility : Damage
    * Human Heal Amp 1 (2 if you want more)
    * Multiple wisdom enhancements

Level & Class Stat Feats
    1 Ranger Power Attack, Human Bonus: Cleave
    2 Monk Monk Bonus: Stunning Fist
    3 Ranger Precision, PastLife: Monk while leveling
    4 Monk Strength Monk Bonus: Zen Archery
    5 Monk
    6 Ranger Great Cleave
    7 Ranger
    8 Monk Wisdom
    9 Monk Quicken, Least Dragonmark of Orien while leveling
    10 Monk Monk Bonus: 10,000 Stars
    11 Fighter Fighter Bonus: iTWF
    12 Monk Wisdom iCrit Blunt
    13 Monk
    14 Monk
    15 Monk gTWF
    16 Monk Wisdom
    17 Monk
    18 Monk iCrit Range
    19 Monk
    20 Monk Wisdom
    21 Epic Vorpal Strikes
    22 Epic
    23 Epic
    24 Epic Wisdom Overwhelming Critical
    25 Epic
    26 Epic Epic Tactician
    27 Epic Epic Reflexes
    28 Epic Wisdom pTWF

Gearset Starting Final
    HELMET Epic Mask of Comedy 150 SP Slotted Helm of the Black Dragon Ins Con 3 35 HP & 7 Con Slotted
    GOGGLES Wise of Resistance Random Loot Gen Intricate Field Optics Ins Wis 3 Good Luck 2 & Globe of True Imperial Blood Slotted
    NECKLACE Jorgundal's Collar Alchemist's Pendant, Deadly of Accuracy Random Loot Gen
    CHEST Spider-Spun Caparison Ins Wis 3 Black Dragonscale Robe 14 PRR Slotted
    CLOAK Adamantine Cloak of the Wolf Wise 10 of Resistance 10 Random Loot Gen
    BRACERS Bracers of the Sunsoul, X of Seeker Random Loot Gen Greater Convalescent of Superior Parrying Random Loot Gen
    BELT Epic Sparehand Heavy Fortification & Vitality Slotted Epic Sparehand Heavy Fortification & Vitality Slotted
    GLOVES Purple Dragon Knight Gauntlets Gauntlets of Immortality SP 200 & Concentration 15 Slotted
    BOOTS Treads of Falling Shadows Goatskin Boots Dexterity 8 Ins Dex 2 & Open Green Slot
    RING1 Seal of House Dun'Robar 10 Shatter Seal of House Dun'Robar 10 Shatter Ins Str 2
    RING2 Seal of House Dun'Robar 10 Stunning Seal of House Dun'Robar 10 Stunning Str 7
    TRINKET Giantcraft Sibyris Compass Good Luck Slotted Planar Focus of Prowess
    WEAPONS Grave Wrappings, Bow of Sinew Adamantine Wraps Good Slotted, Ivy Wraps, Pinion, Antipode, Cormyrian Handwraps with Life Stealing

The Exalted Blade
    36 Point Human 9 Paladin 6 Ranger 5 Rogue

16 STR
    14 DEX
    15 CON
    12 INT
    8 WIS
    15 CHA

Skills : Intimidate 23, Heal 23, UMD 23, Disable Device 21, Search 21, Open Lock 21, Jump 10, Balance 5, Spot 5, Tumble 4

This build is the most advanced with the multiple stat focuses, strict leveling order to max skills, and requires you to eat a +4 int tome before TRing. There is the option to do this as a 34 pt build by dropping con to 14 but you still need to eat a +4 int tome on your first life.

Balanced Attacks and Rejuvenation Cocoon twisted in from Primal Avatar, coupled with Adrenaline Smite knockdowns is what makes the build viable in EEs. While duel wielding, adrenaline uses come back at a very fast rate allowing them to be used for CC and not strictly damage.

This build accomplishes 7 of my major goals :
    * 62 reflex save sitting in town buffless with lithe twisted
    * fury shot with high strength, bow strength feat, and overwhelming crit
    * great healing amp from stacking Greater Convalescent bracers, Paladin enhancements and Human enhancements as well as maxed devotion from deepwood stalker, the heal skill, and Empower Heal
    * good CC through the use of Adrenaline Smite knockdowns and Balanced Attacks twisted in
    * amazing critical profile of 15-20x3 for level draining with Sacrificial Daggers or Cormyrian challenge daggers
    * full rogue skills for traps
    * enough UMD to use any scroll in the game

* Knife Specialization
    * Killer
    * Improved Reaction
    * Tempest Haste Boost
    * Tempest
    * Divine Might
    * Exalted Smite
    * Paladin Heal Amp 1 & 2
    * Extra Lay on Hands
    * Empathy Line in DWS
    * Energy of the Wild
    * Human Heal Amp 1 & 2

Level & Class Stat Feats
    1 Rogue Power Attack, Human Bonus: Cleave
    2 Paladin
    3 Paladin Precision
    4 Rogue Strength
    5 Paladin
    6 Paladin Great Cleave
    7 Rogue
    8 Paladin Strength
    9 Paladin Quicken, Least Dragonmark of Orien while leveling
    10 Rogue
    11 Ranger
    12 Rogue Strength iCrit Pierce
    13 Ranger
    14 Paladin
    15 Ranger iCrit Range
    16 Ranger Strength
    17 Ranger
    18 Ranger gTWF
    19 Paladin
    20 Paladin Strength
    21 Epic Overwhelming Critical
    22 Epic
    23 Epic
    24 Epic Strength Empower Heal
    25 Epic
    26 Epic pTWF
    27 Epic Epic Reflexes
    28 Epic Strength Elusive Target

Gearset Starting Final
    HELMET Epic Mask of Comedy 150 SP Slotted Helm of the White Dragon Ins Con 3 35 HP & 7 Con Slotted
    GOGGLES Deadly of Resistance Random Loot Gen Deadly 10 of Resistance 10 Random Loot Gen
    NECKLACE Jorgundal's Collar Jorgundal's Collar
    CHEST White Dragonhide Armor Flawless White Dragonhide Armor 14 PRR Slotted
    CLOAK Adamantine Cloak of the Wolf Adamantine Cloak of the Wolf
    BRACERS Bracers of the Sunsoul, Smoke 2 Greensteel Greater Convalescent of Superior Parrying
    BELT Epic Sparehand Good Luck 2 Slotted Girdle of Giant's Brawn Good Luck 2 & 2 Ins Str Slotted
    GLOVES Purple Dragon Knight Gauntlets Nether Grasps
    BOOTS Treads of Falling Shadows Halycon Boots 200 SP & 7 Cha Slotted
    RING1 Epic Ring of the Stalker 6 Wis Slotted Seal of House Avithoul 7 Wis
    RING2 Health of Dodge Random Loot Gen Ring of Shadows Globe of True Imperial Blood Slotted
    TRINKET Giantcraft Sibyris Compass Giantcraft Sibyris Compass, Planar Focus of Prowess
    WEAPONS Sacrificial Daggerx2, Bow of Sinew Cormyrian Daggers with Life Stealing x2, Agony, the Knife in the Dark x2, Pinion

The Hunter's Knife
    34 Point Human 14 Ranger 5 Rogue 1 Fighter

18 STR
    14 DEX
    14 CON
    14 INT
    8 WIS
    8 CHA

Skills : Disable Device 23, Search 23, Spot 23, Move Silently 23, Hide 23, Heal 23, Open Lock 23, UMD 23, Jump 10, Balance 10, Tumble 1

This build is the one I would recommend to new players since it can be done on 32 or 28 build points by just dropping dexterity. It also has the quickest EE starting route with only, Sacrificial Daggers, Epic Mask of Comedy, and Purple Dragon Knight Gauntlets required to be farmed out for gear and Primal Avatar maxed, which Ranger can start in. Primal Avatar is the destiny you want to start in because of Rejuvenation Cocoon and Balanced Attacks. Primal Avatar is also right next to Fury of the Wild.

Balanced Attacks is all a duel wielder needs for CC and does not get the attention it deserves. For the unaware it turns ALL vorpals into a 2 second knockdown that also causes monsters to be considered helpless. The largest strength is that this works on all monsters including undead and elementals as well as Orange Named mobs. The best part is that it is only a tier 3 twist allowing the use in any tree assuming you have the fate points.

This build accomplishes 7 of my major goals :

* 55 reflex save sitting in town buffless with lithe twisted
    * fury shot with high strength, bow strength feat, and overwhelming crit
    * great healing amp from stacking Convalescent bracers, Purple Dragon Knight Gauntlets, and Human enhancements as well as maxed devotion from deepwood stalker, the heal skill, and Empower Heal
    * great CC through the use of Adrenaline knockdowns and Balanced Attacks twisted in
    * amazing critical profile of 15-20x3 for level draining with Sacrificial Daggers or Cormyrian challenge daggers
    * full rogue skills for traps
    * enough UMD to use any scroll in the game

In order to get all the skills maxed I recommend eating a +4 Int tome before reincarnating.

* Knife Specialization
    * Killer
    * Improved Reaction
    * Improved Dodge
    * Improved Mobility
    * Tempest
    * Deflect Arrows
    * Empathy Line in DWS
    * Energy of the Wild
    * Fighter Haste Boost
    * Human Heal Amp 1 & 2

Level & Class Stat Feats
    2 Ranger
    3 Ranger Precision
    4 Rogue Strength
    5 Ranger
    6 Ranger Great Cleave
    7 Rogue
    8 Ranger Strength
    9 Ranger Quicken, Least Dragonmark of Orien while leveling
    10 Rogue
    11 Fighter Fighter Bonus: iCrit Pierce
    12 Rogue Strength iCrit Range
    13 Ranger
    14 Ranger
    15 Ranger Dodge
    16 Ranger Strength
    17 Ranger
    18 Ranger Mobility
    19 Ranger
    20 Ranger Strength
    22 Epic
    23 Epic
    25 Epic
    26 Epic pTWF
    27 Epic Epic Reflexes
    28 Epic Strength Elusive Target

Gearset Starting Final
    HELMET Epic Mask of Comedy 150 SP Slotted Epic Mask of Comedy 200 SP Slotted
    GOGGLES Deadly of Resistance Random Loot Gen Deadly 10 of Resistance 10 Random Loot Gen
    NECKLACE Jorgundal's Collar Jorgundal's Collar
    CHEST White Dragonhide Armor Cormyrian Red Dragonhide Armor
    BRACERS Bracers of the Sunsoul, Smoke 2 Greensteel Convalescent of Superior Parrying
    BELT Epic Sparehand Good Luck 2 Slotted Epic Sparehand Good Luck 2 & 2 Ins Str Slotted
    GLOVES Purple Dragon Knight Gauntlets Purple Dragon Knight Gauntlets
    BOOTS Treads of Falling Shadows EE Treads of Falling Shadows
    RING1 Epic Ring of the Stalker 6 Wis Slotted Seal of House Avithoul 7 Wis
    RING2 Health of Dodge Random Loot Gen Skirmisher's Ring Globe of True Imperial Blood Slotted
    TRINKET Giantcraft Sibyris Compass Giantcraft Sibyris Compass, Planar Focus of Prowess
    WEAPONS Sacrificial Daggerx2, Bow of Sinew Cormyrian Daggers with Life Stealing x2, Agony, the Knife in the Dark x2, Pinion

The Journeyman's Walking Stick
    32 Point Human 13 Bard 5 Rogue 2 Fighter

18 STR
    11 DEX
    16 CON
    11 INT
    8 WIS
    8 CHA

Skills : UMD 23, Perform 23, Intimidate 22, Search 21, Disable Device 21, Open Lock 15, Heal 11, Jump 10, Balance 4, Tumble 4

This build is still in the planning stages for me and I have not had the chance to level it to max yet. That being said the goal of the build was to provide a quick and easy way to do great two handed damage on a first life while still being able to contribute to an EE group. Bard was chosen as the basis because they can cast displacement greatly improving their survivability as a melee character without access to green steel displacement clickies.

The five rogue levels opens up the option to do traps as well as Staff Specialization. Rogue also gives 15% stacking haste when using quarterstaves. Staff Specialization turns a few named staffs into real damage powerhouses. Namely Theurgic Stave becomes 1.5[2d4] 15-20x3 from level 12 onward, Rahl's Might at 18 becomes 1[1d11] 17-20x4, Stout Oak Walking Stick becomes 2[2d6] 17-20x4, and Sireth becomes 2.5[1d10] 13-20x3. Basically Theurgic Stave out of the Threnal series becomes a SoS that you don't have to farm raids for while lvling, and at 23 Sireth outclasses the eSoS.

Two Fighter levels brings Fighter Haste Boost and Fighter tactics along with two free feats that allow the full two-handed fighting line. Without them we would have to sacrifice Stunning Blow and Empower Heal which would really cut into the builds survivability or i2HF and g2HF which cuts into the dps side of things.

I really wracked my brain trying to fit in Manyshot and Bow Strength but swapping out Ranger levels for fighter meant I would have to drop the entire two-handed fighting line and extend or empower heal. This would also leave my stunning blow DC lacking for EEs. The final nail in the coffin on this idea was the fact that the build would be better suited to run in Fatesinger with Momentum Swing and Lay Waste twisted instead of Fury of the Wild in a raid situation anyway.

I cannot state whether this build meats any of my build goals since I don't have one capped. My napkin math is showing around a 50 reflex save with lithe twisted and a 60ish stunning blow DC. This build will definitely mow threw everthing EE in GH and before but there might be a snag in the newest content.

* Staff Specialization
    * No Mercy
    * Staff Training
    * Thief Acrobatics
    * Quick Strike
    * Skaldic Rage
    * Fighting Spirit
    * Magical Studies
    * Fighter Tactics
    * Fighter Haste Boost
    * Human Heal Amp 1 & 2

Level & Class Stat Feats
    2 Bard
    3 Bard Extend Spell
    4 Rogue Strength
    5 Bard
    6 Bard Great Cleave
    7 Rogue
    8 Bard Strength
    9 Bard Stunning Blow
    10 Rogue
    11 Fighter Fighter Bonus: 2HF
    12 Rogue Strength iCrit Blunt
    13 Fighter Fighter Bonus: i2HF
    14 Bard
    15 Bard Quicken
    16 Bard Strength
    17 Bard
    18 Bard g2HF
    19 Bard
    20 Bard Strength
    22 Epic
    23 Epic
    25 Epic
    26 Epic Epic Tactician
    27 Epic Epic Reflexes
    28 Epic Strength p2HF

Gearset Starting Final
    HELMET Epic Mask of Comedy 150 SP Slotted Helm of the Black Dragon Ins Str 3 35 HP & Globe of True Imperial Blood Slotted
    NECKLACE Jorgundal's Collar 10 Str 10 Seeker Random Loot Gen
    CHEST White Dragonscale Robe Flawless Black Dragonscale Robe 14 PRR Slotted
    BRACERS Bracers of the Sunsoul, Smoke 2 Greensteel Greater Convalescent of Superior Parrying
    BELT Epic Sparehand Good Luck 2 Slotted Epic Sparehand Good Luck 2 & Vitality Slotted
    GLOVES Purple Dragon Knight Gauntlets Gauntlets of Immortality 200 SP + 7 Cha Slotted
    BOOTS Treads of Falling Shadows Goatskin Boots 8 Dex Heavy Fortification + 2 Ins Dex Slotted
    RING1 Epic Ring of the Stalker 6 Wis Slotted Skirmisher's Ring Ins Cha 2 Slotted
    RING2 Seal of House Dun'Robar Stunning 10 Seal of House Dun'Robar Stunning 10 Ins Con 2
    WEAPONS Stout Oak Walking Stick Sireth, Spear of the Sky

The Divine Staff
    34 Point Human 9 Paladin 6 Monk 5 Rogue

17 STR
    12 DEX
    14 CON
    13 INT
    8 WIS
    14 CHA

Skills : Heal 23, Concentration 23, UMD 22, Search 21, Disable Device 21, Open Lock 15, Jump 10, Balance 4, Tumble 4, Spot 4

This build is also still in the planning stages. It is very similar to the Bard but I'm using Paladin as the base to see what kind of Adrenaline Exalted Smite numbers it can pull out. The build requires a +3 int tome to be eaten before you TR. Paladin is a 2 skills per level class and to get enough skills to do traps requires the rigid leveling order and high int.

The build revolves around quarterstaves and Staff Specialization to stay centered while providing cheap alternatives to the eSoS. Depending on how much Rejuvenation Cocoon heals for once capped it might be feasible to swap Empower Heal for Master of Forms. There is also the option of swapping to a 9 Paladin 9 Monk 2 Rogue split. A great deal of skill points would be lost eliminating the possibility of doing traps but you would pick up Improved Evasion. On both versions I use Henshin Mystic's Staff Specialization so I can also grab Every Light Casts a Shadow for more Neg Lvls.

* Staff Specialization
    * Every Light Casts a Shadow
    * Staff Training
    * Thief Acrobatics
    * Quick Strike
    * Divine Might
    * Exalted Smite
    * Paladin Heal Amp 1 & 2
    * Extra Lay on Hands 3
    * Rogue Haste Boost
    * Human Heal Amp 1 & 2

Level & Class Stat Feats
    2 Paladin
    3 Paladin Stunning Blow
    4 Rogue Strength
    5 Paladin
    6 Paladin Great Cleave
    7 Rogue
    8 Paladin Strength
    9 Paladin Quicken, Least Dragonmark of Orien while leveling
    10 Rogue
    11 Monk Monk Bonus: 2HF
    12 Rogue Strength iCrit Blunt
    13 Monk Monk Bonus: Dodge
    14 Paladin
    15 Monk i2HF
    16 Monk Strength
    17 Monk
    18 Paladin g2HF
    19 Paladin
    20Monk Strength Monk Bonus: Precision or Mobility
    22 Epic
    23 Epic
    25 Epic
    26 Epic Epic Tactician
    27 Epic Epic Reflexes
    28 Epic Strength p2HF

Gearset Starting Final
    HELMET Epic Mask of Comedy 150 SP Slotted Helm of the Black Dragon Ins Str 3 35 HP & Globe of True Imperial Blood Slotted
    NECKLACE Jorgundal's Collar 10 Str 10 Seeker Random Loot Gen
    CHEST White Dragonscale Robe Flawless Black Dragonscale Robe 14 PRR Slotted
    BELT Epic Sparehand Good Luck 2 Slotted Epic Sparehand Good Luck 2 & Vitality Slotted
    GLOVES Purple Dragon Knight Gauntlets Gauntlets of Immortality 200 SP & 7 Cha Slotted
    BOOTS Treads of Falling Shadows Goatskin Boots 8 Dex Heavy Fortification + 2 Ins Dex Slotted
    RING1 Epic Ring of the Stalker 6 Wis Slotted Skirmisher's Ring Ins Cha 2 Slotted
    RING2 Seal of House Dun'Robar Stunning 10 Seal of House Dun'Robar Stunning 10 Ins Con 2
    WEAPONS Stout Oak Walking Stick Sireth, Spear of the Sky

Not the Healer You Were Looking For
    32 Point Mourning Lord 13 Cleric 5 Favored Soul 2 Monk

8 STR
    14 DEX
    14 CON
    10 INT
    18 WIS
    8 CHA

Skills : Heal 23, Spellcraft 23, Jump 10, Tumble 1

This build is the one I am looking forward to playing the most. Sorcerer's and Wizards have become really one dimensional casters in EEs because they simply spam magic missile while in Shiradi. This character should put out phenomenal boss DPS in EEs with Divine Punishment stacked on top of Crown of Retribution increasing light damage. There is also nimbus of light and searing light for more no save light damage provided as SLAs. The final component is the ability to act as a raid healer while doing damage thanks to quickly charging Divine Wrath in Exalted Angel.

Lets not forget that with the monk levels you get Evasion and my napkin math shows a 60 reflex will be easily reached with Lithe and Unearthly Reactions twisted.

* Zealous Faith
    * Evocation Focus
    * Intense Faith
    * Crown of Retribution
    * Smiting Line
    * Just Reward
    * Sunbolt SLA
    * Sunbeam SLA
    * Nimbus of Light SLA
    * Searing Light SLA
    * Holy Smite SLA
    * Spell Critical : Light line
    * Blessing of Amaunator
    * Light of the Sun God
    * Amaunator's Brilliance

Level & Class Stat Feats
    1 Cleric Maximize Spell
    2 Monk Monk Bonus: Toughness
    3 Monk Empower Spell, Monk Bonus: Dodge
    4 Cleric Wisdom
    5 Cleric
    6 Cleric Quicken Spell
    7 Cleric
    8 Cleric Wisdom
    9 Cleric Heighten Spell
    10 Cleric
    11 Cleric
    12 Cleric Wisdom Spell Focus : Evocation
    13 Cleric
    14 Cleric
    15 Favored Soul Greater Spell Focus : Evocation
    16 Favored Soul Wisdom
    17 Favored Soul
    18 Favored Soul Mental Toughness
    19 Favored Soul
    20 Cleric Wisdom
    21 Epic Epic Spell Focus : Evocation
    22 Epic
    23 Epic
    24 Epic Wisdom Improved Mental Toughness
    25 Epic
    26 Epic Epic Spell Power : Light
    27 Epic Epic Mental Toughness
    28 Epic Wisdom Epic Spell Power : Fire

Gearset Starting Final
    HELMET Epic Mask of Comedy 150 SP Slotted Helm of the Blue Dragon Ins Wis 3 35 HP & Globe of True Imperial Blood Slotted
    GOGGLES Wise of Resistance Random Loot Gen Shadowsight Good Luck 2 Slotted
    NECKLACE Sage's Locket Epic Sage's Locket
    CHEST Spider-Spun Caparison Ins Wis 3 Blue Dragonscale Robe Heavy Fortification Slotted
    CLOAK Adamantine Cloak of the Dragon Cha 10 of Resistance 10 Random Loot Gen
    BRACERS Bracers of the Sunsoul Greater Convalescent of Superior Parrying Random Loot Gen
    BELT Heavy Fortification of Vitality Random Loot Gen Health 10 of Dodge 10
    GLOVES Purple Dragon Knight Gauntlets Gauntlets of Immortality SP 200 & Balance 15 Slotted
    BOOTS Treads of Falling Shadows Halycon Boots Ins Dex 2 & Open Green Slot
    RING1 Guardian's Ring Epic Guardian's Ring
    RING2 Health of Dodge Random Loot Gen Ring of Shadows
    TRINKET Pale Lavender Ioun Stone, Holy Symbol of Lolth Pale Lavender Ioun Stone, Holy Symbol of Lolth, Planar Focus of Erudition
    WEAPONS Combustion Lore of Combustion Kama, Radiance Lore of Radiance Kama Combustion Lore of Combustion Kama, Radiance Lore of Radiance Kama, Twilight, Element of Magic

TLDR; Use Knife Specialization(5 Rogue Required) with Sacrificial Daggers or Staff Specialization(5 Monk/Rogue Required) with Sireth/Stout Oak Walking Stick to broaden your build platforms.
    Last edited by Willan; 09-20-2013 at 07:14 PM.

for someone opening a thread about loving the enhancement pass, sure seems funny you never mention them

At this time I am still formatting the meat and potatoes of the original post so it is readable. While I do not plan on stating the exact enhancements selected for each build I will state what the overall goal of the build is and the more important enhancements such as Knife Specialization.

Looking forward to your Major Kong build.

Not The Healer You Were Looking For has Sunburst from Mourninglord.. That is about as close as I can get to riding a nuke. To really capture Major Kong take off your headset and close your chat window while you run around "nuking" mobs.

Slowly editing in remarks for each build. Formatting took up most of my day yesterday.

Alright finally done editing. Feel free to pick me apart or ask questions, propose changes to the builds I listed.

I really like the exalted blade and the morninglord. Finally someone else sees how awesome the Sac Dagger is! Now I wish I hadn't spent the +20 heart on my blitz barb...cry.

Community Member

All the builds look pretty cool.

As for the sacrificial daggers thats encouraging me to go and make some sort of Shadarkai Hybrid.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

Community Member

These are all extremely interesting builds, all but the last seemingly ideal for my intended next life's mission, to slowly solo every last quest in the game (often on normal) so I can properly learn them. Which might you recommend as your choice for my soloing?

I would intend to usually have a cleric hireling along for the ride. This would be my third life (so 36 build points) and I sprang for a +5 supreme stats tome. I do not yet have most of the equipment on your list, nor do I have much other than a couple tier one Unyielding Sentinel and Grandmaster of Flowers epics I could twist, though I could spend a bit more time unlocking Legendary Dreadnought, etc..

The Exalted Blade build is the most durable with excellent overall saves and LoH for emergency heals while the Hunter's Knife is the most new player/solo friendly with access to Freedom of Movement and very easy gear requirements to get started in Epic. Both builds really thrive once you have Primal Avatar unlocked, in fact all fleshies should focus on getting to Primal Avatar ASAP because of rejuvenation cocoon.

Community Member

I am curious as to why you wait till level 11 before getting a single level of Ranger with the Exalted Blade? Would you for the most part be wielding whatever two hander you find till close to level 20 and simply not care about dual wielding until after level 18? I would be sorely tempted to pick up at least one or two levels of Ranger very early on, prior to level 6, so as to get the free ranged feats and then go for Manyshot asap. The best feats from Paladin it seems to me come in the first two levels with aura. In fact I might well also be tempted to space the Rogue levels out a bit more evenly so as to aid with skill development, which prioritizing Ranger would also help with (prior to tomes kicking in). My own leveling would probably be something like:

Rogue Power Attack, Human Bonus: Cleave
    Paladin
    Ranger Least Dragonmark of Orien
    Paladin
    Rogue
    Ranger Great Cleave
    Ranger
    Ranger
    Ranger iCrit Pierce
    Rogue
    Ranger
    Paladin gTWF
    Paladin
    Paladin
    Rogue iCrit Range
    Paladin
    Paladin
    Paladin Precision
    Paladin
    Rogue

You need 5 levels of Rogue to open up Knife specialization so I split the levels with Paladin early to keep skills high while hitting the 5th level at 12 when you can use Guardian of the Liturgy and Knife Specialization. From 1-12, Carniflex with cleave and great cleave will clear out entire groups of mobs on Elite. It does hurt a bit to not pick up iTWF and gTWF untill 18 but the damage on Guardian of the Liturgy even with only 40% offhand is still amazing. So pretty much I would not deviate from the suggested build path.

Community Member

great post, tho i'm a bit worried to see a caster build from you
    def will try out your morninglord
    keep it up

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Willan View Post
    You need 5 levels of Rogue to open up Knife specialization so I split the levels with Paladin early to keep skills high while hitting the 5th level at 12 when you can use Guardian of the Liturgy and Knife Specialization. From 1-12, Carniflex with cleave and great cleave will clear out entire groups of mobs on Elite. It does hurt a bit to not pick up iTWF and gTWF untill 18 but the damage on Guardian of the Liturgy even with only 40% offhand is still amazing. So pretty much I would not deviate from the suggested build path.
    This whole thread makes me want to cry out "I LOVE YOU MAN!". Great job. I have a buddy that likes to play builds off the beaten path, but isn't necessarily keen on melee builds (prefers support). He's looking to re-spec his bard, I'll have to see if I can interest him in anything from this thread (obviously The Journeyman's Walking Stick stands out here, especially since he seemed curious about a staff build).

Community Member

I've been taking a closer look at the enhancement options, and I am curious to know if there is a reason why you didn't go for a dex build here with the Exalted Blade, leveling dex with bonus stats. With very little spent in the assassin tree, one can use dex for both to hit and damage (with daggers and kukris) without buying finese. Of course that might not be the ideal weapon choice for early leveling but it would boost AC and the already great reflex save to ever greater heights of absurdity.

You don't need a higher reflex save and Str allows for more stacking buffs to damage (primal scream, madstone ect) as well as Overwhelming Critical. Dex was viable before the last Enhancements Alpha update where they nerfed offhand stat contribution to half from full dex to damage. Pretty much dex to damage is a trap for the new players.

Community Member

I realize I am probably turning into a bit of a pest, and I am sorry about that. I am having a hard time with Exalted Blade getting everything in your enhancement list to add up without going 'way' over points. Would you be willing to post the exact expenditures you made/planned?

32 Assassin

22 KoTC

5 Human

6 DWS

6 AA

9 Tempest

You may be able to drop a few points out of KoTC foregoing heal amp 22 there and it looks like I didn't take human amp 2. 20% haste boost is good enough though honestly.

I just hit level 12 on my TR into Exalted Blade and the dps with the Guardian of the Liturgies is crazy! Can't wait to hit 20.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast