Default Questions about throw your weight around

How does this work? The tooltip says 'you may use your con modifier...". Does it just use the higher of your con or str mod? If I take this should I just ignore str (to an extent) and just go crazy on my con?

Also will the kensei focus heavy blades work with dwarven axes without taking the exotic weapons one?

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    How does this work? The tooltip says 'you may use your con modifier...". Does it just use the higher of your con or str mod? If I take this should I just ignore str (to an extent) and just go crazy on my con?

Also will the kensei focus heavy blades work with dwarven axes without taking the exotic weapons one?
    con mod for damage. you still need str mod for attack.

And the kensei focus is pretty clear:

Kensai Focus: Heavy Blades: You focus your Kensai training in the use of heavy blades. You gain +1 to hit with falchions, greatswords, longswords, and scimitars. (The Exotic Weapon Mastery enhancement will add bastard swords and khopeshes to this list of weapons.)
    <-IchariuS-<< Officer, Order of the Pegasus @ THE EXPLORATION SOCIETY http://tes.shivtr.com/->Onyxius Orejade(Dwarf Cleric) Mountain Priest->Kwonryu Ishidado(Warforged Monk) The Inevitable->Crissius Al'Narbonrae(Drow Wizard) Lolth's Favored One->Vicius Duke(Human Fighter) Bloodthirsty _________________"Bah! To what end?"

You want the kensai focus for axes. If you are a dwarf, it should work for DA without the exotic enhancement.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    You want the kensai focus for axes. If you are a dwarf, it should work for DA without the exotic enhancement.
    Doh, how did I miss axes.

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post

You can ignore but you'll be weaker until you take "Throw Your Weight Around". It's possible to mitigate this with Accuracy/Deadly items which are dropping like water right now.