Default Tougness feat... is it worth itanymore?

Can't see much reason to spend a feat there now ... how about you?
    <-IchariuS-<< Officer, Order of the Pegasus @ THE EXPLORATION SOCIETY http://tes.shivtr.com/->Onyxius Orejade(Dwarf Cleric) Mountain Priest->Kwonryu Ishidado(Warforged Monk) The Inevitable->Crissius Al'Narbonrae(Drow Wizard) Lolth's Favored One->Vicius Duke(Human Fighter) Bloodthirsty _________________"Bah! To what end?"

They are class/racial enhancements now. So, it's arguably worth it if you are WF, Barbarian, or a few other things that get access to the enhancements.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    They are class/racial enhancements now. So, it's arguably worth it if you are WF, Barbarian, or a few other things that get access to the enhancements.
    I thought the enhancements were independent of the feat? Yey or ney?

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    Pretty sure they are; no prereq needed.

I'm slotting toughness in as the level 26 feat on most of my builds.

as per the incomplete yet wiki, there are only 2 enhancement that requires it: frenzied berserker and stalwart defender... besides that I couldn't find anything else that use it as a prereq or that it improves HP with it.
    <-IchariuS-<< Officer, Order of the Pegasus @ THE EXPLORATION SOCIETY http://tes.shivtr.com/->Onyxius Orejade(Dwarf Cleric) Mountain Priest->Kwonryu Ishidado(Warforged Monk) The Inevitable->Crissius Al'Narbonrae(Drow Wizard) Lolth's Favored One->Vicius Duke(Human Fighter) Bloodthirsty _________________"Bah! To what end?"

Quote Originally Posted by Icharius View Post
    Can't see much reason to spend a feat there now ... how about you?
    Pre-req to Epic Toughness is the only other reason, and most builds don't have the base CON for that anyway... So... Yeah... Meh... For most builds.
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Not worth it?

The only epic I've run so far after changing up my toons was Lords of Dust, and CR levels in EH went up fairly dramatically. Likewise, they hit harder now too.

Maybe you don't need to take two toughness feats, but I'd recommend at least one.

Now, if I'm off base on what I saw, I'd like to know, but I don't see skimping on Toughness as being wise.

Oh yeah, and now mobs are evading Cloudkill. How in God's name do you evade a cloud of mist while you're running through it?!?

Community Member

Its basically just a flat +27 HP boost now. If you have 500 HP, its the same as 6% Dodge in terms of how much damage you can take before you get killed (and it works vs non-phys attacks too). If you have 1000 HP, its the same as 3% Dodge...so I'd take it before the Dodge feat, if I didn't need Dodge as a prereq for anything, but you'll have to weigh for your own character how much more survivability it gives you. Also, there's no HP cap like there's a Dodge cap, so if you're already squeezing as much Dodge in as you can, then obviously Toughness helps more.

Conversely, you have to keep in mind that damage avoided is better than damage absorbed, since you have to heal those extra 27 HP whenever you take it. So on a character with good self healing or one that's always going to be grouped with a healer, Toughness is worth more than for a soloist who's scroll/wand healing themselves.

Either way, I think it definitely falls into the "extra feat" category, only for when you don't really have anything actually good to spend a feat on.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    Not worth it?

The only epic I've run so far after changing up my toons was Lords of Dust, and CR levels in EH went up fairly dramatically. Likewise, they hit harder now too.

Maybe you don't need to take two toughness feats, but I'd recommend at least one.

Now, if I'm off base on what I saw, I'd like to know, but I don't see skimping on Toughness as being wise.

Oh yeah, and now mobs are evading Cloudkill. How in God's name do you evade a cloud of mist while you're running through it?!?
    There's a bug where evade pops up over mobs randomly and they're still taking damage. I haven't used cloudkill yet, but it's likely this is what is happening.

There's a bug where evade pops up over mobs randomly and they're still taking damage. I haven't used cloudkill yet, but it's likely this is what is happening.
    This is good to know, I was wondering why my frost lance missiles were still doing damage when "evade" pops up regularly.
    Being a fort save, there is no evasion that applies. Makes sense now, thanks.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Toughness is now a feat that by itself is only worth 30 HP at Level 28 (Your current character Level +2)

However, if your build will have a Base Constitution + Tome value of 21 you can be eligible for Epic Toughness (50 HP)

I don't believe Toughness is a requirement for any of the Heroic Enhancements, but I may be wrong.

Toughness is not a requirement for Toughness Enhancements.

The question each build needs to ask is which will make the biggest difference in my build 30 HP (toughness) or another Feat.

Whew!

I also think I picked the WRONG quest to see what the new build was like against current content, as LoD has seen an "expansion" of mob power levels.

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    Whew!

I also think I picked the WRONG quest to see what the new build was like against current content, as LoD has seen an "expansion" of mob power levels.
    That's a bug. LoD incorrectly has some EE mobs in it regardless of what epic difficulty you choose.