Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar

Default Shader-Kai the Undead Assassin

So the Shadar-Kai iconic is set up to be a an rogue assassin build. Not content with that I came up with a theory build while here at work I'd like some comments on.

Shadar-Kai wizard/rogue/monk 12/5/3

Starting ststats

str - 8
    dex -18
    con -14
    int -18
    wis -8
    chr -6

all level ups into intel, all enhancements into intel save Shadar-Kai . So
    So final with equipment etc.

intel 38-40 with +3 tome.

Dex 28 (30) with stance.

Feats:

twf, itwf, gtwf, ? (Still playing around with these)

wizard 12 for wraith form and tensors as needed.

rogue 5 to get to assassinate .

monk 3 to take ninja spy core enhancements to use dex for attack/damage with piercing weapons (opens up short sword uses as I have a pair of envenomated blades).

Assassinate DC should be good because of the super high intel.

AC is useless here. Dodge, blur, displacement, and incorporeal are the mainstay of defense.

So any thoughts?

Interesting build. I am working on what I thought would be a 12 sorc/6 monk/2 pally but with the new enhancements that will change. I'll be watching this thread.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Won't your assassinate dc be so low as to be useless? Or doesn't rogue lvl affect that

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Won't your assassinate dc be so low as to be useless? Or doesn't rogue lvl affect that
    its half rogue level plus intel modifier...so with I loose 7 from the rogue level loss but gain the same or more from the high intel. Plus I chose to use Shadar- Kai because there starting equipment gives a + 2 bonus to assassinate DC . I

ever thought of using daggers? the tier 6 assassin ability knife training or whatever adds a multiplier and +1 to dagger threat range so something cheap like sacrificial dagger looking attractive its got level drain as well. Yeah also dont forget level drains lower their saves for your assasinate nice.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStormclaw View Post
    its half rogue level plus intel modifier...so with I loose 7 from the rogue level loss but gain the same or more from the high intel. Plus I chose to use Shadar- Kai because there starting equipment gives a + 2 bonus to assassinate DC . I
    Evey dc's will matter I think at higher quest level and I thought it wa rogue lvl not half rogue lvl
    Last edited by Uska; 08-20-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Evey dc's will matter I think at higher quest level and I thought it wa rogue lvl not half rogue lvl
    my mistake it is rogue level and intel modifier....so... May have to rethink this a bit. Some testing may be required..may drop assassinate and instead go with tier 4 execute...then I could take tier 5 of pale master. Will have to test .

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStormclaw View Post
    my mistake it is rogue level and intel modifier....so... May have to rethink this a bit. Some testing may be required..may drop assassinate and instead go with tier 4 execute...then I could take tier 5 of pale master. Will have to test .
    puts you about 19 dcs behind my assasin and she doesnt have her midnights greeting yet, was an intersting idea though