Thread: Monk question

Default Monk question

Due to RL stuff, i am unable to log into ddo for about 3 days, and i have a question: With the new enhancements systems, how will we get upgrades for the monk stances? (i mean, like the old:lesser, mountain, greater and so on stances)

thanks in advance,

Zess
    Darkzess(Currently: Bbn) - Sturdycaster (Wiz) - Stormfists(Mnk) - Zeess (Art) - Zessx (FvS)
    Thelanis
    ~I'm Back!~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zess-wolf View Post
    Due to RL stuff, i am unable to log into ddo for about 3 days, and i have a question: With the new enhancements systems, how will we get upgrades for the monk stances? (i mean, like the old:lesser, mountain, greater and so on stances)

thanks in advance,

Zess
    If your at least 18 levels of monk its auto granted at intervals of 6,12,18 for stances. Other characters wanting the stances can take the feats after those intervals if they have at least1 monk level. Just look in your feat list for all your strikes and stances. Also, there are no stat requirements anymore.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zess-wolf View Post

thanks in advance,

Zess

Stance upgrades are now autogranted to monks at levels 6, 12, and 18, and available as purchasable feats at the same levels to anyone with monk levels.

I'm not sure, but i believe monks will have to reincarnate to reap the benefits of this.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneArcher52689 View Post
    I'm not sure, but i believe monks will have to reincarnate to reap the benefits of this.
    They do not.

Community Member

I redid enhancements on my monk last night. The stance upgrades are now in the feat menu on the (C)haracter panel, in a submenu, so you will need to drag all of the stances to your hotbar from the grandmaster stance submenu.

I had two stances that were grandmaster level before, and they were already on my hotbar. The other two stances were 'greyed out'. Once I dragged the grandmaster stances down to the hotbar they were no longer grayed out.

Many of the other special strikes and abilities are duplicated in the new enhancement tree (at least for Shinto, which is what my monk was and still is), but the icons are slightly different and you will need to drag the new ones over the top of the old ones, which will be greyed out.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

The draggable stances are all in Way of Wind, Water, Fire, etc at the bottom. These stances auto-upgrade as you gain new "X of Forms" feats, where X is one of: Adept, Master, Grandmaster. The elemental ki strikes that come with the stances have to be dragged from the "X of Forms" portion, as they do not auto-upgrade in the Way of Wind, Water, Fire, etc sections at the bottom.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    They do not.
    Awesome!

Community Member

I assume not but does anyone know whether the stance feats are considered martial arts feats?

E.G. If you took 6th level monk at level 12 this would auto grant you Adept stance for 6 level monk and then offer you a martial arts feat you could spend on master stance.

Similarly for if you took your second level monk at 6.
    Vlyxnol / Ragedx / Marphist - Completionist of Legit
    "As a tank I feel that plate armor is necessary for my survivability but I also feel that other players need to see my belly button."

Thanks for all the replies, i might be able to log today also

Thanks once more,

Zess
    Darkzess(Currently: Bbn) - Sturdycaster (Wiz) - Stormfists(Mnk) - Zeess (Art) - Zessx (FvS)
    Thelanis
    ~I'm Back!~