Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The cost to reset does scale with level, and with how many times you've already reset in the past few days. This is a replacement for the U18 system where you simply weren't allowed to reset within three days. The cost goes back down over time.
    You aren't really getting the point of this thread are you? Releasing something this new, complicated, and buggy with the steep cost increase at launch is simply bad planning. Lucky for you the 3 day timer no longer applies, having half of your customers unable to play because their enhancements were borked would have been a laugh riot, right? At the very least it should have been cheaper and without an increase for repetition until the first patch...
    On Khyber: Tchpostick (Monk 20) Tablespoon (WF barb20), Pspoon (Eleven Cleric20), Tsirio (Halfling Bard18), Silvr (Human Rogue2/Wizard18), Ladle (Elven Cleric11), Forq (Human Bard14), Sporkk (Human Fighter lvl20), Tspatula (monk20)

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    It would be nice if you could actually reset individual trees with plat. It just won't let me. I get the yes/no window up and it never goes away unless I hit no. (shintao monk, pure monk human.)

Also, why the frack did ED resets go up in price as well??? It should have been 20k or so for me to redo an ED. No, it was 80k just like redoing my enhancements was about 80k.
    ok i got your answer on that one. accept first so you spend the points then reset. :P i found this out. if you spent points and didnt accept then try to reset it wont let you.

Add another vote to those who feel there should have been a 'grace period' for the enhancement resets. Expecting people to be able to hit exactly what they wanted on the first try is a bit optimistic. It is hard enough to build the way you want when all the options are known(and working). Expecting people not to have to adjust there choices is very unrealistic. Expecting them to pay(on a sliding scale)to get their toon back to fighting form after a change this big AND be okay with it is a little too much.
    ....For Within the Circle of His Sword, There Is Each Man a King....

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    And should of been put on Pause/1pp cost for this release.
    Agreed :/
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by NXPlasmid View Post
    You aren't really getting the point of this thread are you? Releasing something this new, complicated, and buggy with the steep cost increase at launch is simply bad planning. Lucky for you the 3 day timer no longer applies, having half of your customers unable to play because their enhancements were borked would have been a laugh riot, right? At the very least it should have been cheaper and without an increase for repetition until the first patch...
    The funny things is, this EXACT same things happened when ED's were released. The respect cost was thru the roof, and months later they lowered it. Turbine is very good as creating a problem, fixing it and then doing it all over again. They seem to learn nothing from the past.

I bugged Cordovan (via PM) and Squeak and Varg (via devchats) and told them the cost on Lama was too HUGE and brand new system that people were going to reset like mad the first few months (both due to bugs and testing stuff out) so please decrease the cost on live to start. They seemed to understand back then.

I guess they forgot to lower it to start or they feel they have no configuration bugs in the system.

I'm fine with Varg's stated reasoning for a year from now. But right now the bug count is high, the frustration level is mounting, and it's mean to not let people experiment with their new toys w/o crazy costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    ok i got your answer on that one. accept first so you spend the points then reset. :P i found this out. if you spent points and didnt accept then try to reset it wont let you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    I had this problem as well, although it was because of unspent pts in other trees. I had to close the enhancement panel and reopen so that the changes werent saved and then it let me reset them.
    Thanks you two. But I'm pretty sure I closed the window utterly and it still wouldn't let me. But I can not remember for certain. I'll try that next time and see what happens.

Just like how I learned to accept early/often when figuring out what I wanted instead of assuming that it actually locked in what I told it.

Just like when destinies were first released, this needs a reset feature.

I was out 200,000 plat before I figured out the fricken UI.

I would rather go back to the 3 day reset feature.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo, LOOON, Hobaggin, Buttscracher, FuglyDbag

Community Member

There definitely needs to be some sort of grace period for the time being.

Also resetting should be completely free once every 3 days or at least once a week for both enhancements and ED's.

Community Member

I think there might be a bug somewhere in the code. I had spent something like 8 points exclusively in the Angel of Vengeance tree, and still had 72 pts left to spend. Out of curiosity I hit the 'reset all trees' button and was asked for an eye-popping 52,000 pp. I canceled that and hit the 'reset tree' button inside the tree. I was only asked for about 2000 pp. That doesn't seem right. I thought about submitting a bug report, but yea.

/signed

I've only redone one of my toons so far, a Ranger with a couple Rogue splash levels. Wasn't that hard, with THAT toon. Didn't have to use my Heart of Wood or anything. BUT, when I go to rebuild my caster toons, I'll probably end up using the Hearts so's I can put skill points into Spellcraft, etc. to boost Spellpower. And they'll likely be more complicated to rebuild than the Ranger was.

We really do need a grace period with the New Thing.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Default one option

Would require some extra work, but if you haven't used your LR yet, you could do that to reset your enhancements for free. Using either the free LR token or the other free respec handed out.

Every character got a free LR token, so cannot fault DDo Devs, they seem to have planned for situations like this.....

Community Member Son_of_the_South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    50k isnt all that expensive for a l25 Toon IMO.

What IS a crime is charging that right now with so many people learning the system and with so many bugs forcing people to respec multiple times...

once we understand the system better and the bugs are squashed, 50 will be no big deal.

RIght now. 50k(or more) is just stupid.
    +1 to this
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Drykks - Baanzai - Elyndaar

The cost to reset does scale with level, and with how many times you've already reset in the past few days. This is a replacement for the U18 system where you simply weren't allowed to reset within three days. The cost goes back down over time.
    I actually prefer how it is now...........but maybe be nice to give people a few days grace period as you know its been a big change and all, and yeah it might be a small thing for people like me but for newer players it might be too expensive.

idk maybe theres the extra hope that newer players who are plat poor might just buy some shards from the store?

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Yes, but by forcing us to redo our enhancements with a system that is new for most, and that changes many things, some subtly and some drastically, we should have been given a grace period of some sort.

A lot of characters' designs have been nearly wrecked by this system (and I'm sure this is much more so for multi-classed characters), and reworking, or simply salvaging, is going to take a number of resets that's likely exponentially higher than anything resembling normal.

Community Member

Default That sounds like a bug, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    I think there might be a bug somewhere in the code. I had spent something like 8 points exclusively in the Angel of Vengeance tree, and still had 72 pts left to spend. Out of curiosity I hit the 'reset all trees' button and was asked for an eye-popping 52,000 pp. I canceled that and hit the 'reset tree' button inside the tree. I was only asked for about 2000 pp. That doesn't seem right. I thought about submitting a bug report, but yea.
    I certainly agree that it would be nice to give everyone at least a week of no cost/low cost resetting while we try everything out. You know, choose enhancements, play a quest or 2 only to find that things don't stack, or cannot be used at once etc. Then change to a second iteration, see how it feels, find out you are less powerfull than you were before. Read up on the forums, then come back and see you can actually make a very nice build - making it at least 2-3 resets/character before you are done.

I have started making test characters now, but that is very time intensive, especially if you need higher lvls (although the iconics can help a bit there to see enhancement effects on higher lvls), not to mention the cost of lvling them up fast to test it.

That's fine in general, but maybe it should be free (or nearly free) for the first week or so to give people a grace period while bugs are ironed out. Having to pay because the system lost choices made is no good.
    Ghallanda
    Thairos - ETRing Artificer * Khryll - 28 Clonk * Jarkxle - 28 Swashbuckler * Jaherian - 25 Druid

Community Member

Count me in as one of those who thinks there should be a grace period of 4 weeks (or more) while people get used to the new enhancements. The new system is such a radical change, not forgetting that some of the enhancements are likely to be bugged or not working as described, that the cost of changing enhancement should be minimal if not free for a while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12