Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    Actually it says "The spirit of the phoenix burns within you. You may bring yourself back from death's door, as if affected by the Resurrection spell. This ability may only be used once per rest. Cooldown 15 minutes".

That's confusing right there. Once per rest? Once every 15 minutes? Once every 15 minutes as long as you've rested?

I tried it today during a party wipe and I couldn't get it to work on me. I've also tried it on others and it doesn't do anything.

User error? I'm dead and I'm pressing the "I want to come back to life" button and nothing happens. Should it be more complicated than that?
    AFAIK its self only. and.... you cant have anything selected. had it not work on my once in the middle of battle and once I deselected everything I was able to use it just fine. and. it seems to be 1/rest. but you cant use it, shrine and then use it again until 15min pass. so its both, 15min CD and 1/rest. ultimately ALOT weaker then the previous one even fi they took off the 1/rest thing it'd still be weaker.

Community Member

Actually it says "The spirit of the phoenix burns within you. You may bring yourself back from death's door, as if affected by the Resurrection spell. This ability may only be used once per rest. Cooldown 15 minutes".

That's confusing right there. Once per rest? Once every 15 minutes? Once every 15 minutes as long as you've rested?

I tried it today during a party wipe and I couldn't get it to work on me. I've also tried it on others and it doesn't do anything.

User error? I'm dead and I'm pressing the "I want to come back to life" button and nothing happens. Should it be more complicated than that?
    Maybe it's because I'm a programmer, but I read that as usable once per rest and only once every 15 minutes. So, I read it as having two constraints on use, meaning that even if you rest more than once in 15 minutes, you still can only use Rise of the Phoenix once every 15 minutes in spite of having rested a second time. Nonetheless, there still should be no confusion over who you can use it on and my original point to the person to whom I replied stands.

Community Member

finally someone who understands...and yes the description may say that but just like with any spell it tells u who u can target, explain that

Quote Originally Posted by storm-cloud View Post
    finally someone who understands...and yes the description may say that but just like with any spell it tells u who u can target, explain that
    I does not tell who you can target. It tells who it can affect. Two different things.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    I does not tell who you can target. It tells who it can affect. Two different things.
    i looking at the screen ryt now and it says " target: friend, self ,foe, directional, breakable" if its meant to be the way u say it is "who it affects" wouldnt it say that instead of target

i looking at the screen ryt now and it says " target: friend, self ,foe, directional, breakable" if its meant to be the way u say it is "who it affects" wouldnt it say that instead of target
    No matter what you target, the only thing it can affect is you. So it really does not matter what you can target with it. Except that it seems not to work if you target something, of course.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    No matter what you target, the only thing it can affect is you. So it really does not matter what you can target with it. Except that it seems not to work if you target something, of course.
    well thats just stupid lol, and another thing someone else said in their post about the use of it is both rest and the 15 minute wait. if u use it rest and yur 15 minutes isnt up u still cant use it. what were they thinkin when they messed this up?

Community Member

I've had a bunch of cakes wasting space in my inventory for the last few years. This is not exactly an amazing skill. Sadly despite so much of the tree being complete **** it's still better than the other two so I switched to light and ended up taking it anyway.

So my monk can't touch of death, can't charm, can't void strike things out of existence, has lower healing amp, lost capstone ki regen. Gained a little DPS per strike but is still way behind other melee, but ends up being a net loss once you factor in losing touch of death and void strike.

Quivering Palm is the only reason to have a monk past level 6, and even a 68 DC isn't doing a heck of a lot in Storm Horn elites. I'd rather have void's paralyze and instant kill and charm back, but Henshin Mystic is a cluster**** of epic failness.

well thats just stupid lol, and another thing someone else said in their post about the use of it is both rest and the 15 minute wait. if u use it rest and yur 15 minutes isnt up u still cant use it. what were they thinkin when they messed this up?
    Yeah the targetting issue has been a pain for radiant servants in the past.

The use per rest/cooldown is OK though. Many spells and abilities have had this from day 1. For example Uncanny Dodge, Lay on Hands, Smite Evil to name a few I am familiar with. You had to meet both requirements. You only get a set number per rest and you cannot use them faster than the cool down. I would say this WAI.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12