Default Sword and Board Paladin Question

So with glancing blows, shield bash procs, defensive stance, AND KotC bonuses, It seems my S&B DPS is up quite a bit. Is it just me or have others seen this as well? Not saying it is equal to TWF or THF, but it seems higher than it was to me.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

I honestly can't complain about how my S&B pally is turning out after redoing enhancements.

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Hi,
    This is where we are now. Ride the walrus, or drown in its wake
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    So with glancing blows, shield bash procs, defensive stance, AND KotC bonuses, It seems my S&B DPS is up quite a bit. Is it just me or have others seen this as well? Not saying it is equal to TWF or THF, but it seems higher than it was to me.
    Elaborate, please.

I've got one bite at that LR apple, and if I can get better DPS with S&B, drop my THF feat and add something else on, I'd like to do that.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

As far as I can tell my DPS is only up against either undead or evil outsiders depending on what I choose. While my saves and general damage are down. If defender got a capstone that I would use more than once a month I'd probably make do. Killing myself a little bit every time I switch weapons doesn't do help either.

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    Elaborate, please.

I've got one bite at that LR apple, and if I can get better DPS with S&B, drop my THF feat and add something else on, I'd like to do that.
    I have kept the THF line because it helps my dwarven axes, even against a single target you are getting a bunch of extra damage. I am going with THF, ITHF, GTHF, imp sheild bash, sheild mastery, greater sheild mastery and bastard sword and power attack(thinking about the human paladin right now, haven't decided how I'm going to build my bladeforged yet). Haven't decided on epic feats yet, but likely going to pick up Imp Crit, Overwhelming Crit, and I'm not sure what else. The KotC line adds 2d6 to either outsiders or undead, and another 2d6 to anything evil and the capstone which is the old pally capstone. Plus of course the stuff any paladin used to be able to get like divine sacrifice and exalted smite. But mainly it is the extra 2d6 to evil, and 2d6 to your choice of undead or outsiders, that I get to add to DoS sword and board DPS that has me at higher DPS.

I don't switch weapons alot, so that bug isn't effecting me alot. In a raid, I can't imagine it would hurt that much either, not with the heals that get spammed... but at just the wrong moment it'll probably get someone killed.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    I have kept the THF line because it helps my dwarven axes, even against a single target you are getting a bunch of extra damage. I am going with THF, ITHF, GTHF, imp sheild bash, sheild mastery, greater sheild mastery and bastard sword and power attack(thinking about the human paladin right now, haven't decided how I'm going to build my bladeforged yet). Haven't decided on epic feats yet, but likely going to pick up Imp Crit, Overwhelming Crit, and I'm not sure what else. The KotC line adds 2d6 to either outsiders or undead, and another 2d6 to anything evil and the capstone which is the old pally capstone. Plus of course the stuff any paladin used to be able to get like divine sacrifice and exalted smite. But mainly it is the extra 2d6 to evil, and 2d6 to your choice of undead or outsiders, that I get to add to DoS sword and board DPS that has me at higher DPS.

I don't switch weapons alot, so that bug isn't effecting me alot. In a raid, I can't imagine it would hurt that much either, not with the heals that get spammed... but at just the wrong moment it'll probably get someone killed.
    Thanks. I'll take a look at that.