Not sure if its in the thread already but anyone know whats up with 10k stars not being a monk feat now?
eTR'd and cant take it when Im supposed to, wasnt sure what the work around for it was.
For my Shuricannon Wintertiger's ETRs I 'made do' with taking 10k Stars for my normal level six feat, and dropped Quick Draw. I know his DPS is less-than-optimal, but he's still quite viable in EE content with the other abilities that add to throwing speed. I took Precision for my level six Monk Bonus feat, and swap to that to increase my DPS when against stationary mobs, such as bosses, when I can afford to switch from Combat Expertise and lose the additional AC.
I've found this working well, but it looks like the fix has been done in the new patch https://www.ddo.com/en/update-22-patch-2-release-notes so back to full speed attacking
I don't have the time to look (on my phone at work), but I'm just curious as to how exactly are shuriken expertise and the ninja core are stacking? I've got enough free feats on my build and can reliably hit 51 dex, so I was just curious as to how much I could do. I've had a few people say it's all or nothing, but I'm not going for a full range anyway. Just a better option for ranging monsters than a single star at a time.
Nightmanis De'Corenai 20 Fighter. Human. Bastard Sword and Shield. Divine Crusader. Writeup when I get gear and learn to play.
Sereine De'Corenai 15 Rogue 3 Monk 2 Fighter. Unarmed stun build. Useless with all undead around.
Guild of Won, Officer
Fors Fortis, Officer
Hate to twist your mind, but God ain't on your side
Btw i have not tested if they do stack but i would guess they do.
I have done some tests on Lamannia when it was still up and wanted to share some insights.
About Thunderforged Weapons:
Since the Bleeding damage from Dragon's Edge does not work on offhand weapons for me it is still the best thing to take as a Tier 2 Thunderforged on my shuriken. Remember that on Trashmobs - which are basically helpless all the time with a Shuricannon - you do 215% damage (Sense Weakness, No Mercy, Ship Buff) which boosts all that damage too.
I was curious about a thing i read in a thread here: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5302569
about Mortal Fear damage being affected by Sense Weakness and No Mercy basically instakilling a helpless monster when it procs and i can confirm this is true. I even think this is WAI by the Devs because for one they did not nerf it right away as they did with Crippling Flames when the level drain would work on bosses in the beginning and also because it is basically a weaker and more unreliable form of Coup de Grace and you have to invest heavily into Enhancements, Twists and the Tier 3 TF weapon itself to be able to benefit from it. So basically if you have your hands on a Mortal Fear shuriken you definately want to have Sense Weakness and No Mercy along with some means to make mobs helpless in every kind of content where trash mobs can be made helpless. This is REALLY powerful especially on orange nameds! So for trash and fire immune red nameds i'd say Mortal Fear is the easiest way to go for Tier 3.
I also crafted a Crippling Flames shuriken and can confirm this is the thing you really want to have for every red named that is not fire immune which are quite a lot. Some are even vulnerable to fire damage (Frost Dragon in GH Tor/FoT, Troll in Trial by Fire, Mummy in Haunted Halls, Frost Dragon end boss in Haunted Halls,...). Especially for Frost dragons (or non-fire immune dragons in general) this thing does insane damage since You do Tier 1 damage, Bleeding damage, Crippling Flames damage and the innate TF dragon bane damage so if the boss is even vulnerable to fire it melts like ice in a volcano.
If you want to craft a third star for fire immune bosses a great alternative is to go with Touch of Shadows for Tier 1 and Burning Emptiness on Tier 3 especially if you run in Divine Crusader.
So far on the life server my TF shuriken has a Meteoric Star ruby slotted in its orange slot.
For an offhand weapon i'm still debating if i should
1) keep my Gauntlets of Immortality along with Celestia (slotted with a Golem's Heart) and a planar focus trinket
2) keep Celestia and the planar focus and slot a devotion augment into the orange TF shuriken slot to free the glove slot
3) craft a TF shortsword with positive spellpower and crit and a green augment slot as Tier 2 to free the glove and trinket slots
I will still have to think about that when i have all the new items and do my semi-final new gear setup.
With the powerful on-crit effects on TF shuriken i have played some more with the Epic Destinies and come to the conclusion that in endgame - and from a pure DPS perspective - Divine Crusader is the more powerful ED for a Shuricannon. Reasons:
- Crit range expands to 13-20 (!!!) which boosts physical damage as well as on-crit effects by A LOT on monsters vulnerable to bleeding and/or fire (or Level Drain if you use a Life Stealing spelltouched shuriken)
- going for 6 WIS compensates most of what you loose by not having DEX as attribute choice for AC and 10k stars damage (- you can have WIS in the 50s easily for up to 6 shuriken per attack while in 10k stars)
- better survivability (+50 HP, +125 spellpoints (vs. +100 in Shiradi), 10% Heal Amp, +10 positive spellpower, +10 PRR, +10% Elec,Acid,Cold absorbtion, immunity to petrification)
- Trash and Boss debuffs with Purification stacks
- Undead Bane as well as Lawful and Good DR-bypass on weapons
- +4 damage from cores (vs. only +3 from cores in Shiradi)
- +2 Seeker (Purge the Wicked)
- Healing from Sacred Ground (especially good while tanking)
- Permanent full BAB 28 without need to scroll Tenser's
- Up to +10% Doubleshot from Celestial Champion stacks (+2.5% effective taking 10k stars into account)
- Burst damage from Zeal of the Righteous (Aside from the damage bonus, when Zeal is used right after the Doubleshot Debuff from 10k stars is over, you still get a benefit of 5.2% Doubleshot bonus as average over the 4 minute cooldown timer even if you keep 10k stars up constantly)
So this buffs the defensive/tanking part of a Shuricannon as well as the DPS part.
Everything works at full range so no need to worry about Sneak Attack range as i like it from Shiradi but of course Divine Crusader lacks some of the CC. But with TF shuriken trash mob DPS on a shuriken thrower basically comes down to how fast Mortal Fear procs anyway.
I will update this in the OP as the DPS variant of the Shuricannon.
For me when solo or with my kids I like tons of Crowd Control to keep mobs locked down as well as AoE to take/keep aggro and the Celestia procs with the Meteoric Star ruby procs fit best into that plan.
If I was running raids all the time and wanted to focus on just DPS or if I was in a group where the CC was redundant or not needed then I would gear for that.
Thanks for sharing all the insights and results of testing.
I thought deception on the off-hand worked but according to this thread it doesn't: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ffhand+thrower
I am still liking Celestia when I am level 23+ but need options for other levels and sometimes I don't want the AoEs to proc (kill steal from blitzers or when mobs are fascinated)...
Anyone know where a list is of good things to have on an offhand weapon for a thrower (Shuriken or otherwise)?
The ones I can think of thus far are:
- Augment slots;
- Various spell-power/spell-crit;
- Celestia AoE procs;
- Seeker (if not higher elsewhere);
- Riposte (if nothing better);
- ... (tired, can't think of more right now) ???
@Nodoze: Yes i already mentioned in post #546 that (Improved) Deception seems not to work on offhand items anymore. Right now it looks like most effects do not work in the Offhand. I can only recommend Seeker items with red augment slots for positive spellpower, Treason and Rebellion (for Sneak Attack and Armor Piercing if you have it nowhere else and the red slot on Rebellion) or a Thunderforged weapon.
@Geoff: Yes i also found that out lately. Ty for pointing it out. It should work but looks like it is bugged right now like so many other things with throwing weapons. I have bug reported it. But the DR-breaking is the least reason why Divine Crusader is so powerful for a shuricannon.
I'm still very sceptical about the planned introduction of Melee Power and Ranged Power.
Still - as a side note Severlin stated that they plan to remove the prerequisites of the Overwhelming Critical feat which will make a nice addition to a shuricannon as the level 24 feat. This will boost the Shuricannon to a (13-18x2, 19-20x3) crit profile in Divine Crusader which will be devastating!
Last edited by Nodoze; 08-15-2014 at 01:02 PM.
This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.Reload