Hybrid View

Default Enhancement Selection Glitch?

Hi I've already submitted a bug report about this, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has come across this glitch in the Enhancement selection window (and to warn other people about it).

Essentially what happened to me was I opened up the enhancement window (via Ctrl+R) and spent my 80pts through several trees. When I hit accept the game went through it's calculations but showed that I had unspent points, though it appeared to still have everything I chose selected. After redistributing those points I hit accept a second time... only to find that some of my previous enhancement selections were missing from my character!

Basically I think this is a visual/GUI bug that makes it appear like all the previous selections were accepted but weren't (for one reason or another). It actually happened to me a second time on another toon, but this time around I simply cleared my selections and started again from scratch.

Basically if you're sure you spent all your points and if you have points left over after clicking accept, I strongly suggest you clear your choices and start over... at the very least it will save you some plat when you re-select after the fact.

Toons: Tegor - Valask - Markita - Richiurd - Morjak - Mylaphin
    Guild: The Rogue Saints - Sarlona

My experimenting found a possible cause for this. When I was picking my enhancements I would go back and deselect things I had picked before, so i could pick something else. The expectation is that it will stop you from deselecting things that you need to keep to meet point prereqs... sometimes it does not do this, and lets you deselect things you should not be able to and then spend those points higher up in the tree. Every time it let me do this it did the glitch you mentioned, only the enhancements that were selected but had the supposedly unspent points, did not show up on my character sheet as they should.

Be careful to make sure you have the required amount of points in each teir when moving your points around. There are probably other causes as well, but this is what I found.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    My experimenting found a possible cause for this. When I was picking my enhancements I would go back and deselect things I had picked before, so i could pick something else. The expectation is that it will stop you from deselecting things that you need to keep to meet point prereqs... sometimes it does not do this, and lets you deselect things you should not be able to and then spend those points higher up in the tree. Every time it let me do this it did the glitch you mentioned, only the enhancements that were selected but had the supposedly unspent points, did not show up on my character sheet as they should.

Be careful to make sure you have the required amount of points in each teir when moving your points around. There are probably other causes as well, but this is what I found.
    You were able to deselect? I couldn't even get the damn tree to reset.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Seems to be a problem when the Enhancement window is open over a period of time.

Popping it up, spending and accepting in small chunks works fine, but having it open and taking time to consider your options is when I found it was bugging out like you describe where it would appear that stat points weren't adding properly to your character sheet.

Community Member

Default Bug

This occasional bug has been around since Lam.

My workaround for it is to hit accept every 10-20 AP you spend. This avoids the problem.

If you spend all and then it shows points left over, you'll need to reset the affected tree or trees and do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Texlaw1992 View Post
    This occasional bug has been around since Lam.

My workaround for it is to hit accept every 10-20 AP you spend. This avoids the problem.

If you spend all and then it shows points left over, you'll need to reset the affected tree or trees and do it again.
    This is what I quickly started doing as well. Works fine like that.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post

I had the same experience, so I think this is a probable cause.