Community Member

Default Does dex to damage with bows replace bow str?

Grace: You may use Dexterity to Damage with your chosen set of weapons.
    Choose one:
    Aerenal Grace: You may use Dexterity to determine the damage you deal with Longswords....

Will this replace bow str, will they stack or will it take the higher one? Has anybody been able to test this?

On my ranger it's replacing it.

Used the free respec (not the +20 heart) to dump his strength back down, drop toughness and change a few other bits about. Very happy with the result (YMMV)
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

Maybe unrelated, but ninja spy dex to damage with centered weapons forces dex to dmg with bows even if your str is higher.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Maybe unrelated, but ninja spy dex to damage with centered weapons forces dex to dmg with bows even if your str is higher.
    Why would your STR be higher if you're making a build that is using dex to damage with your ki weapons?
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga_Nub View Post
    Why would your STR be higher if you're making a build that is using dex to damage with your ki weapons?
    Because another crit multiplier from overwhelming critical is huge on a toon that sits in fury most the time ( monkgimparcher ).
    So I want 23 str for OC, 21 dex for combat archery, ~40 wis buffed and can't neglect con either.
    Include Ram's, 2 from destiny bumps, Scream, Psyonic for unbridled ... and Str is in 50s, can't get dex that high unless I ditch OC.
    But maybe Sithali is not the way to go anymore, it's only 2nd day new enhancements after all

Because another crit multiplier from overwhelming critical is huge on a toon that sits in fury most the time ( monkgimparcher ).
    So I want 23 str for OC, 21 dex for combat archery, ~40 wis buffed and can't neglect con either.
    Include Ram's, 2 from destiny bumps, Scream, Psyonic for unbridled ... and Str is in 50s, can't get dex that high unless I ditch OC.
    But maybe Sithali is not the way to go anymore, it's only 2nd day new enhancements after all
    Makes sense.

I honestly think it's a bug because the system should always default to whichever is higher.

And CON is a dump stat.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Community Member

At least u get a 10% chance to get the +1 critical multiplier and spend 4 Feats for it and Split your Attributes to get it.

Y it might look cool if the higher numbers pop up. Many Monkchers use the earth stance to get another multiplyer on a 19 and 20.

If u pierce 45% fortification on a 100% Fortification mob the chance dropp down to above 5% per Arrow.

Not even every second fury manyshot combos show up the bigger crits.

Looks cool but its not much effective on the paper.

I prefer a higher chance to shot additional Arrows with 10k in Ochean Stance and twist some kind of Fortification piercing instead of enlightenment and have a much higher Base dmg, save´s, AC and dodge.

Doesn´t show up the high crits but crits and hits more often and the "little" numbers are just higher wich affects the "normal" crits.
    That means u do more dmg 90% of the time instead of that "boom" number on your screen once or twice per quest.

It's very hard to quantify, if small chance for additional arrow makes up for crit multi.
    You are right, on ~ 60 fort mobs it might make only 5 - 10 per hit increase, on 0 fort it may be + 20 avg per hit.

Situationally +dodge,saves,move speed can be better than + con and +prr.
    Grim precision is good twist for some stuff, you can get passive ki from Henshin now.

I have switched back and forth from water to earth many times before U19 ( master stances change is fantastic ) but earth still " feels " more powerful ( soloed most EEs, got few posts in achievements if that gives any cred )

At the end, use what works best for you ( hey, maybe it's twice per quest but killing 4 mobs in a line with 12k+/arrow slayer is worth it ! ). You can break 18k per arrow with axer package ( bard, tenser's, deadly , af stacks, helpless ).