Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    The absence of a confirmation box is not working as intended. When I have more information on when we are adding a confirmation box for the chest re-roll, I will let you all know.
    Well, it's a start, anyhow.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

/signed.

/signed

i have seen many blatant money grabs over the last 12months but this one really takes the cake, shame turbine shame!
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

/signed

Haven't clicked yet but I tend to play intoxicated and am prone to mistakes then.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

/signed

I reserve the right to play drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    With all of the new Astral Shard items added to the game, there are a variety of ways to accidentally click on something and spend my Astral Shards with no confirmation. I know that some people don't like confirmations on things, so I propose an addition to the Settings to toggle a confirmation on all Astral Shard spending.
    /signed and also want a UI option to remove that AS in the bottom right hand corner. If i want to see my AS i will click I and look there.

/signed to the hilt.

Even having a toggle available (preferably defaulting to On) for the confirmation before any potential accidental spending of astrals would be enough. And that means a confirmation coming up any time a user clicks something which would result in AS being spent without it being terribly explicit that this was what was going to happen (i.e. a confirmation in the AS auction would be silly, but confirmations on loot rerolls and daily dice rolls are definitely needed).

Make the default "ask", with a toggle for those who are perfect enough to never misclick.

And yes, this is from someone who designs UIs and rails against Windows constantly asking me if I'm sure I want to do something. When the topic is an item that is sold for money, this is needed.
    Heatherx Rgr12/Arti6/Rog2 (PL: 3 Wiz; 1 FvS; 2 Sor; 1 Clr; 1 Arti; 1 Rog)
    Toryen Warchanter 22 ~ Treslyn Cleric 24 ~ Lohikaerme Druid 23 ~ Khenshii Monk 20

Heroes of Light and Darkness ~ Argonnessen

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Blown shards once so far

Of course, I was so excited to see an item in the chest that I had been desiring I clicked the REROLL loot button.

Item went bye bye to be replaced with vendor trash. I was an unhappy puppy.

So far, two things I do to mitigate the problem. Both slows the game down because the user on the other end has to stop and think.

1. Select one item from the chest, this makes the button become greyed out. Slows me down as I am reading and selecting.

2. Someone else in the party passes you something, this auto magically greys out the re-roll loot button. This person has to read and select, slows them down.

Overall, I despise the re-roll loot button. This item will mostly cause player frustration(witness this thread) and with player frustration comes players quitting. But for some reason, Turbine does not see how their actions drives players away.

I don't recall any threads in the past where players asked for rerolling of loot. But maybe I missed those threads.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Reading and patience prevents accidental clicks.
    What prevents them from taking the Astral shards when they say that you have a free roll and they take them anyways?

Community Member

Default Astral Shard Charge "Autoaccept" option

I personally, would like and Astral Shard option in my main menu which is "AUTO ACCEPT ALL ASTRAL SHARD CHARGES". If I select this my gaming day goes smoother:

1. I am tele-ported everywhere I want to be avoiding pesky time consuming runs all over the place.
    2. I get better loot, all the time
    3. I get more xp, all the time
    4. I have to spend less time grinding, and more time looking at my stuffz

When can we see the BETA?

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    With all of the new Astral Shard items added to the game, there are a variety of ways to accidentally click on something and spend my Astral Shards with no confirmation. I know that some people don't like confirmations on things, so I propose an addition to the Settings to toggle a confirmation on all Astral Shard spending.
    RTFM on Khyber, Toy Soldiers.

Toy Soldiers PD Roll Builds Guild on Wayfinder.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    But muscle memory and habits tend to over ride. This is a game not instructions on assembling a bbq grill.
    You can bet that muscle memory and habits were definitely considered when they placed those "spend AS" locations where they did. I'm willing to bet that the right side of the "loot all" button was found to be clicked more often than the left, for instance.

Petition or no. They aren't going to change something that causes us to "accidentally" give them more money.

Community Member

I too fully support the idea of a toggle to make a confirmation window pop up any time we are about to spend astral shards (most especially for the reroll loot button). Now that I think about it, we could also have a toggle to disable the reroll button. I will never intentionally use the button so it would be great if clicking it had no effect. I know this is possible since it already works this way on chests that have nothing but keys.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Community Member

/signed and so does my wife
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Reading and patience prevents accidental clicks.
    You severely underestimate the power of habit and muscle memory. There's a reason for the expression "practice makes perfect".

Ever found yourself driving home when you were trying to go somewhere else?

Here's a perfect in-game example. Was running last week and got invited to someone's ship. I started running around grabbing buffs and before I realized what was going on, found myself in Amrath -- some joker put a planescaller in the first spot downstairs on the ship after you go through one of the doors. I was so used to automatically clicking in the "standard pattern" to get a buff that I didn't even notice who it was or what he was saying.

And then an hour later, I did it again -- even knowing that he was there! It was just as I was clicking the "yes, send me to Amrath" option that I realized what I had done. And someone in that guild said that it would trick up even people who were used to the guy being there.

As for this "not working as intended", well, glad to hear it. But I have to wonder why no dev has said anything about it for the last several weeks that people have complained about it on Lammania.

Community Member

Default /signed

/signed and my husband does too.

/signed

Default +1

plus one from me.
    i dont want to see the thing there! please

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by XiaNYdE View Post
    /signed

i have seen many blatant money grabs over the last 12months but this one really takes the cake, shame turbine shame!
    Welcome to the Zyngaing of DDO, enjoy your stay!

Community Member

/signed

I accidently misclicked too because the reroll-button replaced the loot-all-button and i usually just scroll quickly thru the loot and then loot everything at once.

Loulani (17 Druid, 2 Monk, 1 Artificer): a healer who cc's (70 Evocation DC) and does traps (110 Disable Device, 107 Search)

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    Sigh, the game does not work the way you think it does. Turbine makes $0 based on a misclick.
    It actually works exactly that way. Example: I buy AS from the DDO store with points. Now, being VIP, I do have a balance of points, but if I'd purchased some points for something else, and used the balance to buy shards, an accidental click could well cost me money. Note that other than one time on Lamma, I haven't had this actually happen to me, and since it's all free over there, it didn't matter at all. It's not all free live.

I have /signed to move it, and /signed to add a confirmation, and will /sign again.

/sign.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast