Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

/signed

They really have to stop trying to fool us.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    Sigh, the game does not work the way you think it does. Turbine makes $0 based on a misclick.
    It cost me 12 shards each roll. 24 shards total. Whatever those shards cost in the store is what it cost me.

Yeah yeah I know you can get AS for free in some places but since they are worth money in the DDO store they have a value.

If I sold an item for 500 AS most likely someone put in a little of their own cash to buy 300 of those AS. That means I have 500 AS now. 300 of which may have cost the last user money. The other 200 that he had may have been purchased by someone else. Economics 101 isn't knowledge everyone has but it helps.

/signed. The fact that the reroll button is on the dominant side is a bad sign, however. This is shaping up to be the worst update yet. If there's not some significant fixes between now and U20, I'm going to Star Trek Online... unless they break that in S8.

Sigh, the game does not work the way you think it does. Turbine makes $0 based on a misclick.
    You always argue this in various threads when it comes to astral shards, and you continue to be wrong. The astral shards came from someone paying money at somepoint. Just because they are two steps removed from money does not mean they are not money.

Quote Originally Posted by DocHawkeye View Post
    /signed. The fact that the reroll button is on the dominant side is a bad sign, however. This is shaping up to be the worst update yet. If there's not some significant fixes between now and U20, I'm going to Star Trek Online... unless they break that in S8.
    I actually like the new changes after fiddling with them for a while. I absolutely do not like this button.

/signed

I almost did this last night twice. After that, I just burnt through all my shards on gold rolls. I have not and NEVER will buy these $hards.

Since I pay for game content, TPs and expansions, why do I still have to see all these stupid A$tral shard spending ""opportunities" everywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by CavernDragon View Post
    /ya got my vote, Came very close to doing a chest reroll on a quest key
    you can't actually reroll a quest key ( the reroll button is still there )

This is a game, not something important, and I'm not a designer, but a player. I do not like the idea of anything that will inconvenience ME, the PLAYER, due to idiots that can't read. I mean really? If this game was dumbed down for the lowest common denominator, it would be unplayable.

That said, an account-wide lock out doesn't inconvenience me, so no problem.
    And a confirmation dialogue inconveniences you how?

I am pretty sure everyone here can read (being forums and all) so stuff your idiots comment. It's about reflex, muscle memory, and habits - not about literacy. Like I said, it's a game an instrution manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Reading and patience prevents accidental clicks.
    This is a stupid argument against bad UI but at least it is one you are adept at making. The point of a game is to have pleasure and making mistakes due to questionable UI cannot be handwaved in this manner. No one is going to think "Oh right I just didn't read carefully enough. That was fun!". They will be irritated and find the game less enjoyable. I don't think Turbine wants this even if they make a few shards on the exchange.

Getting $ in exchange for displeasure is only viable in a few specialty type scenarios (if you know what I mean).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib_360 View Post
    /signed

I almost did this last night twice. After that, I just burnt through all my shards on gold rolls. I have not and NEVER will buy these $hards.
    Yeah, already did that too, since its the ONLY way to prevent misclicks from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    And a confirmation dialogue inconveniences you how?

I am pretty sure everyone here can read (being forums and all) so stuff your idiots comment. It's about reflex, muscle memory, and habits - not about literacy. Like I said, it's a game an instrution manual.
    I am for a confirmation in this scenario.

But I might add, the need for confirmation dialogs for things as trivial as this indicates a poor UI. I would rather they fix the UI to make misclicks far less likely. Don't put the reroll button where the loot all button was and we are used to clicking. Put it in a previously unused area like the top of the loot window and make it more complicated than a click (double click, menu, swipe/drag, etc). Of course, if it was intentional to hope for misclicks then please let us know so we can find a new game because your business practices are deplorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Modulex View Post
    Yeah, already did that too, since its the ONLY way to prevent misclicks from happening.
    Great Idea. I'm sold until the confirmation button update comes.

/signed so very, very much

/ABSOLUTELY signed.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Founder

Thanks for all the responses so far.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Haven't we told you before that you don't understand the relationship between buying AS (the main way Turbine make money from the AS system) and spending AS (the way to increase the frequency with which someone needs to buy AS?).

I think you're the one with the understanding failure here.

I'm pretty sure this has been explained to you before, if not then I'll profusely apologise for my tone and simply accept your thanks for the free education.

Hero

This is a no brainer. As in if you don't agree, well you get the picture.

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    With all of the new Astral Shard items added to the game, there are a variety of ways to accidentally click on something and spend my Astral Shards with no confirmation. I know that some people don't like confirmations on things, so I propose an addition to the Settings to toggle a confirmation on all Astral Shard spending.
    /signed.

/signed, /signed, /SIGNED!!

/Signed

If I distribute fate points to prepare twists of fate I have to confirm every single point I spend. On the other hand if I click on any box that makes me spend Astral Shards the shards are instantly gone without confirmation.

Turbine, I understand that you need to make money, but with more and more AS spending "opportunities" popping up everywhere not having a confirmation box, at least as an option that can be toggled on, you start looking as if you only view us as cash cows that are there to be milked.

Community Member

As others have said... the only way to effect change is to vote with your wallet.

No purchases of AS from the DDO store.
    No use of AS for anything game-related.. including rolls.
    No clicking on annoying AS "reminder" icons.

The more ham-handed Turbine becomes, the less I feel like supporting this game.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast