Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

Default can i get rid of new astral shard display?

a new astral shard counter has shown up in the bottom right hand corner of my screen (i cant find a way to move it, remove it or hide it.)

advice?

Quote Originally Posted by RapkintheRanger View Post
    a new astral shard counter has shown up in the bottom right hand corner of my screen (i cant find a way to move it, remove it or hide it.)

advice?
    I am afraid you can not remove it by now. But I sign any petition to remove it. Turbine already installed a shard counter in inventory, which is the right place. And no, we do not need or want a shortcut to buy shards from ddo store in the lower right or any other corner. Stop overloading the ui with those cheap tricks.
    Last edited by morkahn82; 08-20-2013 at 07:53 AM.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

While they are at it, could they please move the BUY NOW giant button on the teleport to Forgotten Realms on the character select screen - to a simple coin like the buy a character one has? It's obnoxious and unnecessary.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Just cover it over with a hot bar or your examine window. Problem solved. It doesn't override the windows you place over it, and that little corner of the screen is hardly valuable real estate that we're all watching out of the corner of our eyes. You have the option to fix your display and not see it, use it.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Just cover it over with a hot bar or your examine window. Problem solved. It doesn't override the windows you place over it, and that little corner of the screen is hardly valuable real estate that we're all watching out of the corner of our eyes. You have the option to fix your display and not see it, use it.
    This is what I did, didn't even notice it after 5 minutes.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    It depends. It DOES over ride my hot bars there, unless I make the hot bar active by clicking its border. As soon as I click something else, the shard button is back on top. Really annoying in a quest when I want to use one of the two hotbar buttons it covers.

Actually, the shard counter pops up over my hot bar all the time. Its not like I intentionally try to cover it up, its where I have always had my hot bar. Its annoying having to cover it back up so I can mouse click the bar.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    It depends. It DOES over ride my hot bars there, unless I make the hot bar active by clicking its border. As soon as I click something else, the shard button is back on top. Really annoying in a quest when I want to use one of the two hotbar buttons it covers.
    Seemed to work for me didn't come back up even when clicking somewhere else. Still i would count on that "Bug" being fixed at some point, i mean who wouldn't want to see the astral shard counter right ?

I put my focus orb over it. Problem solved. I could use the buy now for the travel thing gone.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

This and other things, like the chest re-roll, has me thinking I might want to blow all my AS on gold rolls and just not participate in the shard economy. (I only have 120-ish and that was from AD splitting.)

Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Actually, the shard counter pops up over my hot bar all the time. Its not like I intentionally try to cover it up, its where I have always had my hot bar. Its annoying having to cover it back up so I can mouse click the bar.

likewise

I don't think they'll let you remove it, because there's so many instances where you can spend AS without having your AS balance on screen (aside from that new thing you want to remove) that player would find a way to complain.
    It might even be mandatory to have such a thing given that AS can be considered as a paid-for currency. I don't know the US law, but such thing would probably be true where I live.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Thankfully I had no problems covering it up; in fact I didn't even know about it untill reading on the forum as I always have bars there. Bur still /signed on the petition, it's a total waste of code.
    Same for the BUY NOW button on the character-choice screen; I saw it on my daughter's computer, it's insane. They may as well list NOT seeing it as one of the VIP bonuses it's that big.

Greetz,
    Red Orm