Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grahson View Post
    Ok show me these awesome builds.
    Rgr 9/Dru 11 DEX-based Elf

DWS: Killer, Thrill of the Hunt, Mercy Shot, +75 Pos SP, Sniper Shot, Aimed
    AA: Inferno, Paralyzing/Force imbue, Soul Bow, DR imbues
    SH: Beguile
    Elf: Longbow buffs, Racial AA (to bypass RGR min level on AA imbues)

Evasion with crazy high Reflex, all the Primal buff spells, CCW/Greater Vigor with Emp Heal, cold DOTs.

Cycle Inferno, Sniper, Inferno, Aimed, with an autoattack between each. Toss in Mercy after Sniper when target is below 20%. That's a total of +8[W], with a +1 crit mult and a +2 crit mult/range shot and a stacking fire DOT every cycle. And you break all breakable DR. And you completely neuter any opponent that doesn't die within 10 seconds with Beguile, even red-names that are immune to most/all other CC. Pair that up with FotW....Adrenaline + Manyshot + Slayer Arrows, if you want, or Adrenaline + Sniper for a non-cooldown-heavy option.

QED.
    Last edited by droid327; 08-20-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Well, turns out I was right in the OP. The max damage is 5d6, even at the third tier. Look at it yourself. The only thing that improves with extra tiers is the threat generation.

Unless that is a typo?

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    Well, the third tier of it does 9d6, but this is still an unacceptable nerf, in my opinion. I agree with you that this ability was fine as it was. I disagree about it being the only reason to be in animal form, but that is my opinion as I like the different feel of combat while in animal form and the other spells and abilities you get.
    If by "fine as it was" you mean "stupidly OP", then I agree. It deserved a nerf.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Rgr 9/Dru 11 DEX-based Elf

DWS: Killer, Thrill of the Hunt, Mercy Shot, +75 Pos SP, Sniper Shot, Aimed
    AA: Inferno, Paralyzing/Force imbue, Soul Bow, DR imbues
    SH: Beguile
    Elf: Longbow buffs, Racial AA (to bypass RGR min level on AA imbues)
    Very interesting! Now, I presume rgr 9 is for Evasion, yes? What about rgr 6 / monk or rog 2 / druid 12 instead? Although what I'd really like to do is find a way to hit druid 13 for water elemental form + lvl 7 spells (Regen + Freezing Spray) while keeping Evasion; but I don't see how to do that w/out losing either Evasion (druid 13 / rgr 6) or dropping rgr 6, which means losing two feats + Sniper Shot, or making SD or PA my primary ED (which isn't bad per se, just seems a shame not to go FotW or maybe Shiradi instead). Hmmm...maybe rgr 4 / monk 3 / druid 13? Although once monk enters the equation, my first impulse is to find a Drunkcher build which works. Decisions, decisions...
    Revisiting the Classics: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard
    Other build threads: Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Quote Originally Posted by HernandoCortez View Post
    Agreed.
    Rangers will always be screwed by Turbine.

You owe them for pinion, and it will take you 20 years to pay that debt. Don't forget that. They take that weapon out of the game and you all die, except Preston.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12