I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Default Ok, what is that horrible noise I keep hearing?

Played through parts 1, 2 and 3 of Eveningstar CitW flagging last night. We were occasionally hearing a roaring like sound that did not seem to be tied to player action. What is it???

Half the party had in game sounds turned to minimal or off, including myself (except voice) and this noise was easily twice as loud as anything else coming through my headset.

I'd love to identify what this is and see if it's possible to turn it off. If it isn't possible, that's really going to stink for me-- I'm hearing impaired, and it's already hard for me to hear through DDO's scratchy voice chat. To have to listen to a non-turnoffable hugely loud roaring noise every minute of questing would seriously suck.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Default XP Increases

I am not sure if this was retrofit into existing quests/explorer areas, but as part of the expansion, there were 2 new sound effects added:

1) In the explorer areas, when an enemy becomes aware of you and starts attacking (even if you can't see them) there is a sound effect that I will best describe as "shunk."
    2) In quests, there is a similar sound effect that occurs when you increase one of the XP additions. For example, if you get vandal/ransack bonus. Each of those increases makes the sound effect.

They are a little loud, and I haven't found a control that changes the volume without taking out other things I like to hear.

Community Member

Yeah, was doing Foundation of Discord last night and CONSTANTLY had these EXTREMELY loud and totally random noises going off. It was bloody awful. No one had any idea *** was going on, so we just chalked it up to Turbine's ******** as usual.

We were doing Elite Kobold Assault on our lowbies and people thought it was my Arty dog (though he was at full health)

It was quite LOUD and everyone heard it no matter how far they were from me or my dog.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

I kept hearing it in a Von 3 farm, every time we'd go do the breakables room in that pit that can have an optional drow.

Haha in my head I was blaming the Monk, thinking it was some weird finishing move.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

I heard this too. I thought it was a new Demonweb sound effect, lol.

I do not like this change, it is distracting. :S

My guess is they are sound indicators notifying us when we get a ransack bonus(the smash) and conquest (the growl) but they're going off more often then intended.

Community Member

Sigh. Turbine fixing things that ain't broke is like eating a bowl of soup by smashing the table with a sledgehammer. That racket needs adjusting in the mix, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by phalaeo View Post
    Played through parts 1, 2 and 3 of Eveningstar CitW flagging last night. We were occasionally hearing a roaring like sound that did not seem to be tied to player action. What is it???

Half the party had in game sounds turned to minimal or off, including myself (except voice) and this noise was easily twice as loud as anything else coming through my headset.

I'd love to identify what this is and see if it's possible to turn it off. If it isn't possible, that's really going to stink for me-- I'm hearing impaired, and it's already hard for me to hear through DDO's scratchy voice chat. To have to listen to a non-turnoffable hugely loud roaring noise every minute of questing would seriously suck.
    That will be RAGE De-activating...

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I'm getting a sound all over the place, not in one specific area or one toon, it kinda sounds like windchime. And as far as I can tell there is no pattern to it it just fires off randomly regardless of what I or the party (if there is one) is doing.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

You know those super-powerful toilets in old government buildings....

There's also a new dungeon alert noise. Its actually kinda cool.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Alligators or Lions in the sewers. Running harbour quests with a new static party last night that's what we put it down to.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    There's also a new dungeon alert noise. Its actually kinda cool.
    Yeah, the heartbeat sound that accompanies dungeon alert is awesome. It adds to the immersion by actually making the player feel the tension. +1 to the devs for this one.
    Dontbleed----Velvetelvis----Bleedout----Whatsina
    Synergia
    Argo