Default Whirlwind Attack

I was looking into this feat on the wiki and it said it was broken. Just wondering if it might have been fixed with this update?

No one knows?

A guildy has been using it and says it's great and quite powerful.
    So I guess it must work !
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

I don't know quite what it was like when it was bugged, but as I understand it, there was a significant pause before executing the attack and afterwards.

I just rolled up a Vet II fighter to give it a test. (I tried taking a Fraps video but that didn't work out...). It appears to be working. There was virtually no pause when starting the attack, and only a slight pause - around half a second-ish - after the attack before resuming normal combat.

Now I've just got to decide whether to give Cleave / Great Cleave the boot from my Ranger and squeeze Whirlwind Attack in instead. Decisions, decisions....

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    A guildy has been using it and says it's great and quite powerful.
    So I guess it must work !
    hes using wraps though, before it didnt work with other weapons only wraps so it was kind of a monk feat, but I guess its working now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gypsythief View Post
    Now I've just got to decide whether to give Cleave / Great Cleave the boot from my Ranger and squeeze Whirlwind Attack in instead. Decisions, decisions....
    Great Cleave is prereq for Overwhelming Critical, ^_^

Tested some builds with this feat a while back, it works like a cleave with 360° splash damage around you when wielding normal thf or twf weapons. If you are unarmed you get 4 attacks on all enemies around you with one click in a row, very easy to test on dummy. therefore it is the best AOE damage attack a monk can have if enemies come close range, because thats kind of the drawback of unarmed fighting, your aoe whirl will be very short range but extremly good there.
    Haek N' Slay (©ompletionist Juggernaut / Zeus Life 61 of 61)My Toon is better than your toon.Mitis Mors - Thelanis