Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Default Turbine can we get some clearification on FvS/Cleric "protector" tree going bye bye?

I just want to make sure you guys know that it needs to go away for FvS as well. As I just had the nightmarish thought that you didn't hear as many FvS players hating on it so you might leave it for FvS and replace it with Warpriest only for Cleric. Make No mistake FvS needs a melee oriented PrE (warpriest) just as much as clerics do. And for the sake of being able to sleep at night can you let us know that FvS's also get Warpriest to replace the awful protector?

BTW Wow I can't think of a character in my stable of 14 now 16 Alts that would use ANY Protector ability besides Divine Might and The +6 elemental resists... that's how bad that tree is. It's not just that it's overly defensive... it's that the defensive you put in their is woefully underpowered compared to anything else... Even the bad Pali trees and Bard trees are better.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    ANY Protector ability besides Divine Might and The +6 elemental resists...
    Not even Toughness ? ( that's 1 point in the bottom row and 3 points for the 3 ranks in Toughness... Cheap HPs, and that's about the extend of my usage of the tree on my clerics. )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    BTW Wow I can't think of a character in my stable of 14 now 16 Alts that would use ANY Protector ability besides Divine Might and The +6 elemental resists
    - Toughness.
    - Efficient Metamagic
    - +1 Wis
    - Another +1 Wis
    - +2 Wis & Divine Intervention combined, if it worked. (Bug-reported during enhancement ALPHA, and still not fixed!)
    - Command SLA

Is Protection great? No. Lots of it's abilities are junk, or over-priced, or both. But there's some good stuff in there, too. They SHOULD fix it, not delete it.

If they'd fixed just the capstone, I'd have spent 41 points in Protection. As is, I still spent 22. (That's on a FvS; when I did a Cleric on Lama, Protection only got 12 points.)

I'm happy there will be a Warpriest tree (which I won't use), but rather ticked that instead of ADDING it, they feel they have to nerf Protection.

And I'm puzzled why you insist on taking things away from other people just because you don't like them that much yourself.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    And I'm puzzled why you insist on taking things away from other people just because you don't like them that much yourself.
    I am totally okay with it staying in addition to warpriest if they improve it, i am just paranoid they plan to leave it as is and only give cleric warpriest. I am teetering on 20 LR'ing my Pure FvS into Cleric already due to the poor tier 5's available to a pure FvS and the plethora of light SLA's clerics get.

15 hit points that cost as much as 30 in the race tree isn't a good ability.

wisdom/charisma requires 10 then 20 total AP spent in tree, meaning you bought a lot of junk enhancements you probably didn't want, because most of them are bad.

The cores (sanctuary improvements) are garbage upgrades to something that no one will take the time to use, AND it gets only .75 spell power per AP spent where the good tree has 1 spell power and +2 mana per point (maybe fightclub affected by FvS boost), AND has the good AoV cores, Shield of Condemnation shoulder laser etc...

Change the core to match AoV and make the core abilities less lame and more proactive, replace the bulk of the enhancements with better, ones and I will happly take Arcane Encumbrance on one of my FvS, in addition to the otherc cool tier 5 they need to add to it to help make 30 points points spent in it feel worth it.

Get rid of silly junk like "+1 fear save +1PRR for 12 seconds" (does the person who made this tree not know that 1 PRR or 1 AC adds like 0.25% reduction of damage? so 3 AP's gets people you heal less than 1 point of damage mitigation for 12 seconds?, (it's ~0.75% depending on how much PRR you already have of course) Listen spot search?

You could quadruple some of the stuff in the protector tree before it got as good as other trees (+4/8/16 PRR to those you heal for 12/24/32 seconds would still be of little consequence (a few percent damage mitigated). meanwhile in other trees I'm adding 15 PRR to myself, 30 stacking spell power, 30% vulnerability to an element, 100 spell points, for the same AP cost...

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    - Toughness.
    Terrible price, but kinda OKayish.
    - Efficient Metamagic
    That's 1 OK.
    - +1 Wis
    - Another +1 Wis
    - +2 Wis & Divine Intervention combined, if it worked. (Bug-reported during enhancement ALPHA, and still not fixed!)
    - Command SLA
    On melee tree? Worthles, put it to caster tree.
    Because they don't belong to MELEE FOCUSED tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    On melee tree? Worthles, put it to caster tree.

Because they don't belong to MELEE FOCUSED tree.
    Warpriest will be intended as melee-focused.

I'm not sure why you think Protection is melee-focused. It sure doesn't look that way to me. Not saying it's caster-focused, either. Honestly, it's not very focused at all.

Though if you want to scrap Protection to replace it with TWO new trees, Warpriest AND a caster-focused tree, that's good for me, too.
    Last edited by SirValentine; 08-21-2013 at 07:40 AM.